It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Any info if Banished is DRM-free on Steam? Thanks!
Added Dark Fall: The Journal and Dark Fall 2: Lights Out as DRM-free; they were both a part of the Humble Weekly Sale last week.
low rated
DRM free games on Steam... hahahaha... that's like a fat woman on a diet.
Emob78: DRM free games on Steam... hahahaha... that's like a fat woman on a diet.
Thank you for your thoughtful contribution.
Linux Starbound runs without steam , not sure about the Windows version.
drinnen: Linux Starbound runs without steam , not sure about the Windows version.
The Windows version is also DRM-free, yes. Thanks for letting us know about the Linux version.
StingingVelvet: Every Steam game is DRM free on the pirate bay. That's what makes DRM so stupid.
True. You can buy the game from steam and use a crack from pirate bay to kill the need to use the client - drm problem solved :P

Steam probably even facilitates the hackers couse they just mess with the api.dll, don't even have to touch the executable...
Emob78: DRM free games on Steam... hahahaha... that's like a fat woman on a diet.
Wafflecones: Thank you for your thoughtful contribution.
I've been offering my 'thoughtful contributions' about Steam for years now. Always falls on deaf ears. Figured short, sarcastic remarks might do for a change of pace.

Got a faster reply from you with one snotty sentence than 5 years worth of concise, logical arguments. Sadly, it's easier to get someone's attention by smacking them than politely tapping them on the shoulder.
nadenitza: True. You can buy the game from steam and use a crack from pirate bay to kill the need to use the client - drm problem solved :P

Steam probably even facilitates the hackers couse they just mess with the api.dll, don't even have to touch the executable...
That is ethical correct but sadly still against law. I don't want to argue about it, but this thread should be a place where you share information about games that don't require any cracks for people who don't like downloading illegal stuff.

Emob78: I've been offering my 'thoughtful contributions' about Steam for years now. Always falls on deaf ears. Figured short, sarcastic remarks might do for a change of pace.

Got a faster reply from you with one snotty sentence than 5 years worth of concise, logical arguments. Sadly, it's easier to get someone's attention by smacking them than politely tapping them on the shoulder.
Don't judge us :). I would have reacted the same way as Wafflecones, btw.
I don't know where you tried to offer your contributions and if people always ignored you but if you are interested, people really like to talk in this thread about Steam and it's DRM (except the occasional guys damning/ignoring Steam or copyright in general). Just don't start a debate whether this list is useful or not 'cause you could get it with a simple crack from the interwebs ;). Oh, and it's hard to differ between real sarcasm and trolling these days on the web, just keep in mind.
Post edited March 03, 2014 by Kick-aha
So, I see the pastebin, but I don't know if people are also doing the wiki:

http://steam.wikia.com/wiki/List_of_DRM-free_games
cmdr_flashheart: So, I see the pastebin, but I don't know if people are also doing the wiki:

Well, I have to say that this list surprises me: I thought it would be harder to "liberate" games from the On-line Steam Cage (tm) after the purchase/download. That's good, even though I will continue to hate Steam and every other on-line "platform" with passion....
cmdr_flashheart: So, I see the pastebin, but I don't know if people are also doing the wiki:

The pastebin is from the thread starter bazilisek, but bazilisek haven't updated it in a long time. I would say that it's outdated because a few entries are incorrect (or were correct back then, but are now incorrect). The wikia list is an updated version of games that are working. Games that couldn't be convinced to work without the Steam client are not listed there (so there's no negative list because of the risk of false negatives). It is regular updated with the input from this thread and minor other sources or occasional contributors.

KingofGnG: Well, I have to say that this list surprises me: I thought it would be harder to "liberate" games from the On-line Steam Cage (tm) after the purchase/download. That's good, even though I will continue to hate Steam and every other on-line "platform" with passion....
It is sometimes that easy to 'liberate' games, because some developers don't use all features Steam presents them. Developers can 'choose' how their games should be protected by Steam, so the quest isn't to 'liberate' the games but to find out which developer doesn't like DRM ;) [Or to find out which developer was a bit sloppy with programming so you can bypass the need to use the Steam client by deleting/renaming/editing a few files in the folder].

Oh yeah, to get back to topic:
(A little old, but not posted here:) The Swapper and Dust: An Elysian Tail both are running fine under Linux without Steam.
Go! Go! Nippon! ~My First Trip to Japan~ does need the Steam client. They have integrated the Steam API inside of the binary... :(
Kick-aha: Go! Go! Nippon! ~My First Trip to Japan~ does need the Steam client. They have integrated the Steam API inside of the binary... :(
Heh. There's a cracked version on KickassTorrents for that.
nadenitza: True. You can buy the game from steam and use a crack from pirate bay to kill the need to use the client - drm problem solved :P

Kick-aha: That is ethical correct but sadly still against law. I don't want to argue about it, but this thread should be a place where you share information about games that don't require any cracks for people who don't like downloading illegal stuff.

Emob78: I've been offering my 'thoughtful contributions' about Steam for years now. Always falls on deaf ears. Figured short, sarcastic remarks might do for a change of pace.

Kick-aha: Don't judge us :). I would have reacted the same way as Wafflecones, btw.
I don't know where you tried to offer your contributions and if people always ignored you but if you are interested, people really like to talk in this thread about Steam and it's DRM (except the occasional guys damning/ignoring Steam or copyright in general). Just don't start a debate whether this list is useful or not 'cause you could get it with a simple crack from the interwebs ;). Oh, and it's hard to differ between real sarcasm and trolling these days on the web, just keep in mind.
Oh, I'm no troll. I'm mature enough to admit that my side has lost the debate. If we anti-Steam crusaders had been more effective in our arguments, then perhaps Steam would not now be controlling 80% of PC game distribution.

I've warned gamers about the risks that Steam presents. Hacking, spying, network dependence, forceful auto patching, invasive and questionable privacy policies... etc etc etc... and few listened. A few more years and Steam will BE PC gaming. But I'm a free marketer, if that's what the customers want, then that's what they'll get.

But when the day comes and Steam drastically alters their file structure so that old games no longer work, when they abandon PC gaming altogether in exchange for their new pretty console, when their network collapses in some global hacking event, then millions of gamers will cry out in terror... and the cautionary tale will have played itself out yet again. But in the meantime, enjoy your Steam sales, buddy lists, and easy access online game shop.

I don't have a problem with Steam existing as a PC game distributor, I just don't want it to become the only PC game distributor. And that's why I'm here at GOG. Helping fight the good fight.
Kick-aha: That is ethical correct but sadly still against law. I don't want to argue about it, but this thread should be a place where you share information about games that don't require any cracks for people who don't like downloading illegal stuff.

Don't judge us :). I would have reacted the same way as Wafflecones, btw.
Emob78: Oh, I'm no troll. I'm mature enough to admit that my side has lost the debate. If we anti-Steam crusaders had been more effective in our arguments, then perhaps Steam would not now be controlling 80% of PC game distribution.

I've warned gamers about the risks that Steam presents. Hacking, spying, network dependence, forceful auto patching, invasive and questionable privacy policies... etc etc etc... and few listened. A few more years and Steam will BE PC gaming. But I'm a free marketer, if that's what the customers want, then that's what they'll get.

But when the day comes and Steam drastically alters their file structure so that old games no longer work, when they abandon PC gaming altogether in exchange for their new pretty console, when their network collapses in some global hacking event, then millions of gamers will cry out in terror... and the cautionary tale will have played itself out yet again. But in the meantime, enjoy your Steam sales, buddy lists, and easy access online game shop.

I don't have a problem with Steam existing as a PC game distributor, I just don't want it to become the only PC game distributor. And that's why I'm here at GOG. Helping fight the good fight.
You don't make people change with speeches when they get free cards, decent forums and other bullshit. You make them change by waiting for Steam to make a critical mistake that makes all games not work for a week. Sadly, they seem to have enough experience to prevent that for now. Here's to the future and the delicious tears of Gab-loving sheeple.