It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Fine with me. My first response was for the OP's list on pastebin which I referenced in the second post. That list is now incorrect. So, my response wasn't even necessarily directed at you, just simply the fact that games that shouldn't have been merged into the pastebin list, had. Follow?

Your wiki list appears to be far more up-to-date. I'd be happy to contribute, but really every game I own in my limited Steam library is already on your list.
Recently got "Two Worlds Epic Edition" from Steam and have to say it's truly Epic in it's DRM but that can be changed. It Requires a few things to make it work without Steam (no hacks, third party software or any illegal methods needed I promise), I'll post a guide on how to do this.

1. Download the game from Steam and move the folder to somewhere else.

2. Download the retail 1.6 to 1.7b Official Patch (link: http://www.patches-scrolls.com/dl.php?file=two_worlds_update_17b.zip)

3. When the zip file finishes downloading, extract the exe and then with 7Zip open the exe and extract the two exe files "TwoWorlds.exe" and "TwoWorlds_RADEON.exe", copy these and overwrite the Steam protected ones.

4. Copy and paste the below Paragraph and save it as a .reg file (don't include the lines).

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- ----------------------------

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Reality Pump]

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Reality Pump\TwoWorlds]

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Reality Pump\TwoWorlds\FileSystem]
"DataPath"="C:\\Games\\Two Worlds - Epic Edition"
"OutputDir"="C:\\Games\\Two Worlds - Epic Edition"
"AppDataFolder"="Two Worlds"
"MyDocumentsFolder"="Two Worlds"
"UseSavedGamesFolder"=dword:00000002
"Version"="1.7.0"
"LanguageVersion"="ENG"

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Reality Pump\TwoWorlds\Network]
"earthnet_natresolveraddress"="warnet.2-worlds.com"
"earthnet_serversaddresses"="\"WarNet Europe\"\"warnet.2-worlds.com\"\"WarNet Europe 2\"\"netserver.2-worlds.com\"\"WarNet America\"\"hawk.2-worlds-us.com\""
"earthnet_showselectserverdlg"=dword:00000001
"earthnet_serverport"=dword:00004313
"earthnet_usedpdefaultgameport"=dword:00000001
"earthnet_gameport"=dword:0000456b
"earthnet_usenatresolver"=dword:00000001
"earthnet_addnatresolverinhost"=dword:00000001
"showenternetworkinfo"=dword:00000000

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Reality Pump\TwoWorlds\SerialKey]
"activationserver"="https://secure.zuxxez.com/TwoWorlds/ActivationFrontendGame.php"

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- ---------------------------------------------

NOTE: These 2 lines have to be edited according to where your game is located, for example if your game is located in "C:\Games\Two Worlds - Epic Edition" then the 2 lines have to be like this:

"DataPath"="C:\\Games\\Two Worlds - Epic Edition"
"OutputDir"="C:\\Games\\Two Worlds - Epic Edition"

Example 2: If your game is in folder "C:\I Love DRM Free\Two Worlds" then the line has to be:

"DataPath"="C:\\I Love DRM Free\\Two Worlds"
"OutputDir"="C:\\I Love DRM Free\\Two Worlds"

One more thing, This game isn't only Steam protected but upon opening the game the first time it will ask you for the CD-Key followed by a server authentication.

I realize this seems a bit complicated at first, I've spent 2 hours making this to work Steam-DRM free and also tested it.
Post edited December 12, 2013 by Ganni1987
Testing Kerbal Space Program using the instructions listed in the OP.

Kerbal Space Program is DRM-free even on Steam, then.
Wonder how many other indie games are.
Can someone try Motor Rock for me. :p

Nope. Doesn't work.
Post edited December 20, 2013 by realkman666
Just added Monaco, which is actually confirmed to be DRM-free by the developer (and myself, I did try it). It's one of those where if it detects Steam, it will launch it, so just rename the main Steam program to get it to launch by itself.
Also, I just noticed that Dungeon Defenders is listed as DRM-free if you change the multiplayer to Gamespy in the config before you start the game. Despite this, I couldn't get it to launch without Steam. Anyone else have any luck?
pedrovay2003: Also, I just noticed that Dungeon Defenders is listed as DRM-free if you change the multiplayer to Gamespy in the config before you start the game. Despite this, I couldn't get it to launch without Steam. Anyone else have any luck?
Yeah, I added Dungeon Defenders from the PCGamingWiki list, I thought they were somewhat credible. If it should work, then under Windows. I don't own the game except through Steam Family Sharing (SFS) but the SFS Linux version seems to need Steam running. If the normal one does, I can't say.
In the gamedata files were the gamespy servers set as default, but you can only choose between the steam servers and the developer servers, so this is strange. Where should one set the server to gamespy, anyway, couldn't find any option.
pedrovay2003: Also, I just noticed that Dungeon Defenders is listed as DRM-free if you change the multiplayer to Gamespy in the config before you start the game. Despite this, I couldn't get it to launch without Steam. Anyone else have any luck?
Kick-aha: Yeah, I added Dungeon Defenders from the PCGamingWiki list, I thought they were somewhat credible. If it should work, then under Windows. I don't own the game except through Steam Family Sharing (SFS) but the SFS Linux version seems to need Steam running. If the normal one does, I can't say.
In the gamedata files were the gamespy servers set as default, but you can only choose between the steam servers and the developer servers, so this is strange. Where should one set the server to gamespy, anyway, couldn't find any option.
I have it for windows, and I was able to choose between Gamespy and Steam in the config program, not in the game itself. It's the one where you can set up your controller, video settings, etc., and in there, there's a network choice. I set it to Gamespy, but I couldn't get it to launch without Steam.

I know there's a DRM-free version of the game available through the Humble Store, and Steam save data works with that version as well, but I can't get the Steam game itself to launch DRM-free, unfortunately.
Just added Mercenary Kings, which is confirmed to be DRM-free by the developer on their Kickstarter page (and, of course, I tested it myself). They even specified that it's DRM-free through Steam.

I LOVE how Indie devs are starting to realize exactly how Steam should be used: as a delivery service and multiplayer hub, NOT as DRM.

EDIT: HOLY CRAP, The Swapper is DRM-free, too. I know it's on GOG, but it's $5 on Steam right now, and I took a chance. I am not disappointed.
Post edited December 30, 2013 by pedrovay2003
Ganni1987: ...
You're editing registry and using patch files in an unintended fashion, how is that not a hack? :D
Fenixp: You're editing registry and using patch files in an unintended fashion, how is that not a hack? :D
The registry entries are created during the game's installation from Steam, Everyone can export these from his own registry, I simply pointed out that the game creates essential registry entries during setup.

As for the patch files, I don't see how replacing a file released from the developers themselves is a hack. Anyone can do this without any cracked exe's, torrents or anything else that involves piracy.

Plus If you take a look at the list and notice how some of the games are ran to avoid steam, you'd probably call them hacks too. Just look at this game:

The Bridge - If Steam is present, it will launch; Rename main Steam program or uninstall Steam to launch The Bridge without it.

How does renaming steam.exe is not a hack then, you're modifying a file to run a game in an unintended fashion :-)

Not trying to argue at all, but I hope you see my point here :-)
Desktop Dungeons appears to be completely DRM free.
Well I might as well post a list of steps to decompile and remove Steam ties from some game's binaries :-P What I'm trying to get at is that you might as well delete the 'don't need 3rd party files' and upload a regedit file as your post is linked to directly from the wiki - I could see that saving a fair amount of time. If I had internet capable of downloading/uploading stuff decently I'd just write a script to extract files from the patch and edit the registry + bundle it with the patch and throw it somewhere around here, but I ... Well, I don't right now. Feel free to bug me in 4 days to do just that so you can add it to your post later on.
Post edited January 01, 2014 by Fenixp
Fenixp: Well I might as well post a list of steps to decompile and remove Steam ties from some game's binaries :-P What I'm trying to get at is that you might as well delete the 'don't need 3rd party files' and upload a regedit file as your post is linked to directly from the wiki - I could see that saving a fair amount of time. If I had internet capable of downloading/uploading stuff decently I'd just write a script to extract files from the patch and edit the registry + bundle it with the patch and throw it somewhere around here, but I ... Well, I don't right now. Feel free to bug me in 4 days to do just that so you can add it to your post later on.
Huh, I set that link. If it's off, just remove it, I thought Ganni's guides could be okay for the list and wikis aren't really my forte. Therefore the list blew a bit up in the utilitarian sense...
Decompiling game files is usually against the EULA, but botching in the registry and using patches seems right.
Doing a script would be awesome :).
Kick-aha: Huh, I set that link. If it's off, just remove it, I thought Ganni's guides could be okay for the list and wikis aren't really my forte. Therefore the list blew a bit up in the utilitarian sense...
Decompiling game files is usually against the EULA, but botching in the registry and using patches seems right.
Doing a script would be awesome :).
Oh the post is perfectly fine, I was just a bit amused when I've seen 'no hacks' and then a massive post about making it work :D