It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Dischord: I'm going to be hated here, not trying to be a troll, but Steam IS drm.
read OP?

Fever_Discordia: But I'm assuming that the Apple Emulation versions of the original 3 games you get bundled with Bard's Tale are DRM free though, right?
I don't know. I guess it is possible to run them through and Apple emulator, making them DRM free. I do not have one, so I do not know. If you want to run them 'out of the box', you do so by launching the main game and selecting them from a menu there, and it needs steam running to do so.
Post edited January 10, 2013 by amok
Dischord: I'm going to be hated here, not trying to be a troll, but Steam IS drm.
amok: read OP?

Fever_Discordia: But I'm assuming that the Apple Emulation versions of the original 3 games you get bundled with Bard's Tale are DRM free though, right?
amok: I don't know. I guess it is possible to run them through and Apple emulator, making them DRM free. I do not have one, so I do not know. If you want to run them 'out of the box', you do so by launching the main game and selecting them from a menu there, and it needs steam running to do so.
Ah I see - Interesting!
amok: read OP?
Read that, but why would I want to put money into the coffers of a company who has hijacked titles, unto themselves, and made them unavailable to the public unless they played the steam game?
Dischord: Read that, but why would I want to put money into the coffers of a company who has hijacked titles, unto themselves, and made them unavailable to the public unless they played the steam game?
Good for you - wrong thread for this discussion. Make a new "I hate steam thread" or just go post in one of the 7 billion of them here on GoG forums already.
Thanks, am sure there are plenty without my 2 cents, but seems self evident.

Have fun people, liking steam or not.
Hotline Miami has the option to not enable Steamworks, effectively making it DRM-free. I've tested. :P
Oh nice! Wasn't aware of that the classics are included in the Bard's Tale Package. Thanks for this hint! :)
Reminds me - The Cave seems to be in the bin requiring Steam.
amok: Reminds me - The Cave seems to be in the bin requiring Steam.
Wonder if SSZ needs Steam.
johnki: Wonder if SSZ needs Steam.
don't have it, unfortunately.
amok: don't have it, unfortunately.
Well, I have it...here.
What the hell is SSZ?
StingingVelvet: What the hell is SSZ?
I think Strike Suit Zero.
Strike Suit Zero. He mentioned The Cave which just came out so I was saying that I wondered if SSZ required Steam since it just came out on GOG, as well as Steam.
johnki: Strike Suit Zero. He mentioned The Cave which just came out so I was saying that I wondered if SSZ required Steam since it just came out on GOG, as well as Steam.
Okay, not everyone is up on the latest titles enough to recognize a random acronym ;)