It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

I can add / verify a few games as well that turned out to be DRM-free:

8BitBoy
Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition
FTL: Faster Than Light
Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas
MoonBase Commander
Sid Meier's Railroads
Star Ruler
Starbound
Stronghold HD
Super Panda Adventures
The Binding of Isaac

All games were tested on Win7 64bit.
Post edited April 06, 2015 by DCG83
Today I stumbled over a PCGamingWiki site for Memoria. There it is stated that the game does start without Steam. When I last started the game it didn't so I tested it again. Yes, obviously an update has made the game DRM-Free - at least it does start without steam from a different directory. Good thing is that the game contains all languages/subtitle combinations (not only english audio and additional russian subtitles like here on GOG). Unfortunately Chains of Satinav does still require Steam and has only the one language you have chosen in Steam.

So please Add Memoria to the list.
Post edited April 01, 2015 by MarkoH01
I just added a few from you guys (thanks!), but I have to get to work for now, so I'll continue later.

A personal request: Can anyone here test Ori and the Blind Forest?
It is worth mentioning that Hotline Miami does only run w/o Steam if you run the original English only game with the old engine. The new version will not start!

World Of Goo does run without Steam if you applied the latest patch for the DRM-Free version.

I added my games to the list but I did not manage to insert a row for Voyage: Journey to the Moon which also runs without Steam.
Post edited April 05, 2015 by MarkoH01
Still a strange topic. Must use form of DRM in order to get "drm-free" games.

>_>
Shmacky-McNuts: Still a strange topic. Must use form of DRM in order to get "drm-free" games.

>_>
Nothing strange about it. The only problem is the definition of "DRM".

"Short for digital rights management, a system for protecting the copyrights of data circulated via the Internet or other digital media by enabling secure distribution and/or disabling illegal distribution of the data."

So to prevent illegal copies those who use DRM prevent the transfer of a downloaded or installed game on other PCs without an account or a CD but with the games on the list this is not the case (hence no DRM). Not that difficult at all if you think about it. Steam itself is nothing more than a provider - a plattform for downloading games. You have to do the same here on GOG. The difference is that almost always (except the games on the list) you will need Steam again to play your games which you don't on GOG. Steam itself - as much as I dislike them - is NOT DRM.

I have another question though. There are Half Lif 2 and Portal listed and yes, you can start the game the way it is written on the list. But the different languages are only available if you are runniong Steam even the graphic options are only saved if you are running steam. I tried several things but I guess it does not belong on the list because many important things (like the mentioned options) do not work.
Shmacky-McNuts: Still a strange topic. Must use form of DRM in order to get "drm-free" games.
Yes. Use a DRM'd delivery system to get a DRM-Free game. Similar to how it's done with GOG, though GOG also has an installation part that Steam doesn't.
Didn't we go through this again a couple of months ago?
JMich: Yes. Use a DRM'd delivery system to get a DRM-Free game. Similar to how it's done with GOG, though GOG also has an installation part that Steam doesn't.
Didn't we go through this again a couple of months ago?
I guess some people just don't understand what DRM really means. Maybe they think that the SSA are DRM, too?
Yeah, seemed familiar.

But no GOG isn't the same. Your logic was to drive to a store that the car ride over is DRM(GOG like). Steam is client enforced that you are required to use in order to have access to.

Now with GOG it is similar to a brick and mortar store than steam. While yall can argue all day long a password is a form of DRM to access an account. That isn't, it IS a place holder not DRM. Like having 12 children, but they have no names. It wouldn't be a form of control to categorize them for differences.

I should also point out I am not a "fanboy/girl" of either company. But the argument keeps coming back because people hate how steam does things. You two don't get that part which is why you people are so quick to jump after everyone like moi ;P
Shmacky-McNuts: But no GOG isn't the same. Your logic was to drive to a store that the car ride over is DRM(GOG like). Steam is client enforced that you are required to use in order to have access to.
My logic never had any car rides to it from what I recall. Do point out said logic if I did post it, my memory isn't what it used to.

Now, let me say it yet another time.
Both GOG and Steam used an authentication based system to provide game files. Steam provide the games in an installed form, GOG provides them either as installers or in an installed form (Galaxy). The installer form GOG provides is also DRM-Free, though DRM'd installers are also possible (they don't exist on GOG, but do exist in other places).

What this thread is interested in is the installed files. Are those DRM'd or DRM-Free? Steam does provide some games with DRM-Free game files, as a comparison between game files provided by GOG and Steam for "Carmageddon: Max Pack" and "Carmageddon 2: Carpocalypse Now" has shown. Do ask if you want the comparisons again.

So, Steam is a DRM'd delivery system that can provide both DRM'd and DRM-Free game files. GOG is a DRM'd delivery system that provides DRM-Free installers that install DRM-Free game files, as well as a DRM'd delivery system that provides DRM-Free game files.

All 8 combinations are possible for software, and whether a software is considered DRM-Free or not depends on how many steps you require to be DRM-Free. Delivery, Installation, Execution. For this thread, we only check the last stage, Execution. Need of a client or not for delivery is irrelevant.

Edit: Found a gun analogy I had used, but not a car one. Still looking for it.
Post edited April 05, 2015 by JMich
Could be a translation hiccup between us, but your english is rather well. So maybe the metaphor is the problem.

In any event. A free bump for yer thread ;D

Small edit:

I disagree regarding your GOG delivery analogy, regarding GOG as DRM because of password protection of accounts.
It is a categorization not DRM. The password is no more than using the card catalog for users similar to a library(physical library).

I understand...again the point of this thread though lol
I just forget as it wasn't worth remembering....then I pester you again. My apologies ;D
Post edited April 05, 2015 by Shmacky-McNuts
Kerbal Space Program should be on the list.
Shmacky-McNuts: I disagree regarding your GOG delivery analogy, regarding GOG as DRM because of password protection of accounts.
GOG has an authentication in place to deliver you the files, not for access to your accounts. If you have the link for a file, but are not authenticated (logged in and correct IP if using browser, just logged in if you are using additional software), you cannot get said file. Some people see said authentication as DRM, others don't. But if a login isn't DRM, then quite a few other software also become DRM-Free, even if they need a login to use. Like most MMOs ;)

You can have DRM-Free delivery as I said before, like Microsoft does with Windows 7, that they allow you to download without any checks whatsoever. Those checks are in the installation and execution.
Shmacky-McNuts: I disagree regarding your GOG delivery analogy, regarding GOG as DRM because of password protection of accounts.
JMich: GOG has an authentication in place to deliver you the files, not for access to your accounts. If you have the link for a file, but are not authenticated (logged in and correct IP if using browser, just logged in if you are using additional software), you cannot get said file. Some people see said authentication as DRM, others don't. But if a login isn't DRM, then quite a few other software also become DRM-Free, even if they need a login to use. Like most MMOs ;)

You can have DRM-Free delivery as I said before, like Microsoft does with Windows 7, that they allow you to download without any checks whatsoever. Those checks are in the installation and execution.
Logging in is less a security feature than knowing who is supposed to have what. Like a lunch line. I order a ham sandwich and the other people want turkey. Well I look at the order ticket as a means to give me what I ordered and not a way to tattoo a barcode on me.
JMich: GOG has an authentication in place to deliver you the files, not for access to your accounts. If you have the link for a file, but are not authenticated (logged in and correct IP if using browser, just logged in if you are using additional software), you cannot get said file. Some people see said authentication as DRM, others don't. But if a login isn't DRM, then quite a few other software also become DRM-Free, even if they need a login to use. Like most MMOs ;)

Shmacky-McNuts: Logging in is less a security feature than knowing who is supposed to have what. Like a lunch line. I order a ham sandwich and the other people want turkey. Well I look at the order ticket as a means to give me what I ordered and not a way to tattoo a barcode on me.
Please stop with all the metaphors. The simple thing is that there is no difference in the DELIVERY of GOG and Steam. In both cases you'd need to be logged on to access the files you want to download. The only difference are the FILES themselves you are downloading. And those are always DRM free on GOG and sometimes DRM free on Steam. That is not really hard to understand or is it?
Post edited April 06, 2015 by MarkoH01