It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

pedrovay2003: As far as a list of CEG games goes, this is what I've found so far, both through other websites and my own testing:

(snip...)

The interesting thing here is that Linux seems to have absolutely no CEG support, as games on this list that are on both Windows and Linux will copy/paste like regular games if you do it in Linux.
Thanks for the list and for your work! I think we might actually benefit from starting a new thread on this -- I'm currently not sure I'd be able to properly maintain it due to certain circumstances, but if someone here reading this thinks they can it might be a cool resource to have (although probably somewhat detrimental to GOG's best financial interests).

I just tested out One Way Hero, which is a localized English translation of a freeware Japanese indie game. I believe the localized Steam version for sale has CEG, but if you download the freeware Japanese version and copy over the .exe to the Steam folder you end up with a fully portable, DRM-free English version of the game.
I have tried this Protection ID (no virus alert from my AVG) but have not yet figured out how I should use it. Ist's clear that the program shows Securom and such but what does it show if it finds Steam CEG? It says "Steam detected", "Steam Api" and "Steam" what does mean what?
Post edited March 10, 2015 by MarkoH01
I was actually thinking a thread on this might be really nice to have. I think one establishing the difference between CEG an client DRM might be necessary, though, which I can also do.

MarkoH01: I have tried this Protection ID (no virus alert from my AVG) but have not yet figured out how I should use it. Ist's clear that the program shows Securom and such but what does it show if it finds Steam CEG? It says "Steam detected", "Steam Api" and "Steam" what does mean what?
All you need to do is drag a folder/file onto the black window of Protection ID, and it'll get scanned in full. Those Steam entries you're seeing there are just referring to the Steam client itself being built into the games. If a file actually has CEG, it will say "Valve CEG" in the results window.
pedrovay2003: I was actually thinking a thread on this might be really nice to have. I think one establishing the difference between CEG an client DRM might be necessary, though, which I can also do.

MarkoH01: I have tried this Protection ID (no virus alert from my AVG) but have not yet figured out how I should use it. Ist's clear that the program shows Securom and such but what does it show if it finds Steam CEG? It says "Steam detected", "Steam Api" and "Steam" what does mean what?
pedrovay2003: All you need to do is drag a folder/file onto the black window of Protection ID, and it'll get scanned in full. Those Steam entries you're seeing there are just referring to the Steam client itself being built into the games. If a file actually has CEG, it will say "Valve CEG" in the results window.
Thank you for the answer. Will try again sometimes.
Tested these games. Didn't see them on the list. They're all DRM-free. (runs without Steam while copied to a different directory)

Aces Wild: Manic Brawling Action!
Bik - A Space Adventure
CAFE 0 ~The Drowned Mermaid~
Castle In The Darkness
Crow
Déjà Vu: MacVenture Series
Fester Mudd: Curse of the Gold - Episode 1
Long Live The Queen
Lovely Planet - Remove steam_api.dll and it won't try to start Steam. Runs either way.
Q.U.B.E: Director's Cut
Shadowgate MacVenture Series
Shantae: Risky's Revenge - Director's Cut
The Detail
There Came an Echo
Tiny Barbarian DX
Waking Mars
WORLD END ECONOMiCA episode.01
Post edited March 15, 2015 by Teppic
Europe Universalis III can be added to the list. Can be copied to another location and will work perfectly fine without Steam.

Europa Universalis IV as well (except for Ironman and Multiplayer).

Edit: Atleast it worked for me.
Post edited March 16, 2015 by ElTerprise
ElTerprise: Europe Universalis III can be added to the list. Can be copied to another location and will work perfectly fine without Steam.

What about DLCs? Do those work as well?
CK2 base game works, but the DLCs don't work without Steam.
ElTerprise: Europe Universalis III can be added to the list. Can be copied to another location and will work perfectly fine without Steam.

JMich: What about DLCs? Do those work as well?
CK2 base game works, but the DLCs don't work without Steam.
Haven't tried that one out yet.
That's an excellent set of games. I'll add them later; thanks for the heads-up!
So, I got down to Waking Mars in that list, and the wiki won't let me add anymore rows to the table. Anyone else having this problem?

EDIT: I got it working through Internet Explorer, of all things.
Post edited March 23, 2015 by pedrovay2003
Thanks for updating the list, pedrovay2003. Had no idea how to do it myself :P

BTW: Is there a list with games on Steam that has DRM? I think such a list would be very convenient, as for right now I can't tell if a game that isn't on the list has DRM or if just that no one has tested it for DRM yet.
Post edited March 23, 2015 by Teppic
Teppic: Thanks for updating the list, pedrovay2003. Had no idea how to do it myself :P

BTW: Is there a list with games on Steam that has DRM? I think such a list would be very convenient, as for right now I can't tell if a game that isn't on the list has DRM or if just that no one has tested it for DRM yet.
big list of 3d part drm on steam - http://pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/The_Big_List_of_3rd_Party_DRM_on_Steam

all games not on this list and not on the drm free list is assumed to have CGI only...
Teppic: Thanks for updating the list, pedrovay2003. Had no idea how to do it myself :P

amok: big list of 3d part drm on steam - http://pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/The_Big_List_of_3rd_Party_DRM_on_Steam

all games not on this list and not on the drm free list is assumed to have CGI only...
I assume CGI is referring to Steam itself? What I like to see is a list for games that requires Steam to launch so I can determine what I get if I want buy a game. I don't think the DRM-free list is anywhere complete, so I can't base my purchases on it alone. It would not help me to figure out if the game has DRM or not unless said game is on the list, and I think many games aren't.

It would also make testing games for DRM easier as you then also have a list of games that's already been tested.
Post edited March 23, 2015 by Teppic
anybody test out Pillars Of Eternity? i thought i saw somewhere that the steam version was supposed to be DRM free.
Post edited March 26, 2015 by jakedege22
Went through all games I had from 0-A and some more. These games are DRM-free:

100% Orange Juice
8-Bit Commando
8BitBoy
AaaaaAAaaaAAAaaAAAAaAAAAA!!! for the Awesome
AaAaAA!!! - A Reckless Disregard for Gravity - Delete steam_api.dll and acksteam.dll
AirBuccaneers - Unsure if it requires Steam. Starts without Steam, but you need to create an account with it and register it within 4 days.
The Albino Hunter
Amnesia: The Dark Descent
Anachronox
Anodyne
A.R.E.S
Aeon Command
Astebreed
Autonomous Prototype
Papers, Please - Delete steam_api.dll and steamwrap.ndll
Sword of Asumi

Game that has DRM and shouldn't be on the list:
Fairy Bloom Freesia

Also made a small list for games I have tested that has DRM if anyone is interested in that.
Post edited March 29, 2015 by Teppic