It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

shmerl: Oh, do you mean Vampire: The Masquerade - Coteries of New York has Linux version to download, but it's not listed? I didn't buy it yet, since I thought the Linux version is missing here.
Yes, there is in fact a native linux version for this game. I bought it to test how it works in wine and was quite surprised to find a native installer in the downloads.

I know @linuxvangog is not around. I just wonder whether this is usual GOG's sloppiness or the new state of affairs (that they no longer care about selling to linux gamers). I think this is not the only game that has no linux version information but I can't remember the name of the other one.
Post edited January 27, 2020 by igrok
igrok: I know @linuxvangog is not around. I just wonder whether this is usual GOG's sloppiness or the new state of affairs (that they no longer care about selling to linux gamers). I think this is not the only game that has no linux version information but I can't remember the name of the other one.
I bought the game and it works fine by the way (at least so far). I contacted GOG support about it.
shmerl: I bought the game and it works fine by the way (at least so far). I contacted GOG support about it.
Game information page has been updated! :)
shmerl: I bought the game and it works fine by the way (at least so far). I contacted GOG support about it.
igrok: Game information page has been updated! :)
Yep, support replied to me to confirm it. They didn't explain what happened though.
Will the Gog Galaxy for Linux be released?
Sure, when Linux market share reaches 30%.

Someone kindly informed me the other day that there is a Snap version of the Galaxy client wrapped in Wine (or Proton, almost the same thing, cannot remember which). Not really what you wanted to hear I guess.
Themken: Sure, when Linux market share reaches 30%.
Galaxy has a Mac version though.
eric5h5: Galaxy has a Mac version though.
Yes, maybe ten percent will be enough. I am not very optimistic. The Linux slice of hte cake must be percieved as willing enough to spend enough before a corporation like CD Projekt will move on it.
Hi there folks, a proud Linux gamer here, and, tbh, I'm quite happy with the GOG support for Linux. It's not perfect, but, they do have some level of respect, and, they make those installers and things that are top notch.
They care about customers, indeed, and their work shows.
I do have a question, and I don't know if this is the place to post it, but, since I'm here, here it goes:

Will we have proton support here in GOG ?

I've been researching Proton, and, it seems it needs the Steam client, a hard dependency. I don't like Steam, because of the DRM, and I would like to enjoy games without that pesky intrusive client of theirs.

If you know something about it, please let me know.

Ok ?

Best regards,
Alebersol: Will we have proton support here in GOG ?
Don’t fall for the hype ;)

Proton is actually nothing more than WINE, with the Valve marketing team trying to make us believe they actually created it from nothing overnight. You do not need the Proton brand for anything, the real useful software here is WINE.
Post edited June 20, 2020 by vv221
Alebersol: Will we have proton support here in GOG ?
vv221: Don’t fall for the hype ;)

Proton is actually nothing more than WINE, with the Valve marketing team trying to make us believe they actually created it from nothing overnight. You do not need the Proton brand for anything, the real useful software here is WINE.
Oh, boy, like the Megadrive Blast processing ? Just marketing... How pity. It's because I'm unable to play SOR 4 yet, and I would love to play it.

Oh, well, let's wait and have hope. I waited about 23 years to play Blade Runner, and now I can do it natively (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tk9DPgzEU6s)

Anyway, thanks for the heads up. If we are to make Linux a viable gaming platform (which it is already) we need to support initiatives like GOG, Humble bundle, Itch.io and even Valve, which I dislike a lot, but...

Best regards,
Alebersol: Anyway, thanks for the heads up. If we are to make Linux a viable gaming platform (which it is already) we need to support initiatives like GOG, Humble bundle, Itch.io and even Valve, which I dislike a lot, but...
FWIW GOG has done a rather poor job as far as Linux support is concerned. We've seen many games release on GOG without Linux support at all (whereas they have support on other stores) because 1) GOG has refused to support Linux with their client and 2) game developers don't want to release crippled Linux versions that don't have feature parity with other platforms. Other problems include Linux versions being late to arrive, or being late to update, or not getting updated at all until someone from the community probes GOG enough...

It doesn't help that vangog is gone and Judas has been silenced.

So if you think about supporting GOG for the sake of Linux gaming, then you should also think hard about how to make your message to GOG clear.
Post edited June 20, 2020 by clarry
Alebersol: Anyway, thanks for the heads up. If we are to make Linux a viable gaming platform (which it is already) we need to support initiatives like GOG, Humble bundle, Itch.io and even Valve, which I dislike a lot, but...
clarry: FWIW GOG has done a rather poor job as far as Linux support is concerned. We've seen many games release on GOG without Linux support at all (whereas they have support on other stores) because 1) GOG has refused to support Linux with their client and 2) game developers don't want to release crippled Linux versions that don't have feature parity with other platforms. Other problems include Linux versions being late to arrive, or being late to update, or not getting updated at all until someone from the community probes GOG enough...

So if you think about supporting GOG for the sake of Linux gaming, then you should also think hard about how to make your message to GOG clear.
Oh, well, I only know GOG, as a customer. They really ease the process to buy their games. I'll have to look around, other stores then.

Would have some to suggest me ? Epic, I know they hate Linux. Steam... Meh... Don't like their client.

Hum ?
clarry: FWIW GOG has done a rather poor job as far as Linux support is concerned. We've seen many games release on GOG without Linux support at all (whereas they have support on other stores) because 1) GOG has refused to support Linux with their client and 2) game developers don't want to release crippled Linux versions that don't have feature parity with other platforms. Other problems include Linux versions being late to arrive, or being late to update, or not getting updated at all until someone from the community probes GOG enough...

Alebersol: Oh, well, I only know GOG, as a customer. They really ease the process to buy their games. I'll have to look around, other stores then.

Would have some to suggest me ? Epic, I know they hate Linux. Steam... Meh... Don't like their client.

Hum ?
itch.io?
Alebersol: Oh, well, I only know GOG, as a customer. They really ease the process to buy their games. I'll have to look around, other stores then.

Hum ?
dtgreene: itch.io?
Thanks, gonna check it.

Regards,