It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

@GOG: Can we still use this thread to report Linux & OSX problems? A very brief answer is all I hope for.
Themken: @GOG: Can we still use this thread to report Linux & OSX problems? A very brief answer is all I hope for.
For Linux at least, better use the general Linux thread here:
https://www.gog.com/forum/general/general_linux_faq_and_troubleshooting

It will reduce the need to follow redundant threads.
Post edited March 28, 2019 by shmerl
I wonder why he left/was fired and whether there'll be a successor.
Klumpen0815: I wonder why he left/was fired and whether there'll be a successor.
Agreed.
As a personal note, well, gotta say that during the past 4-5 years I actually finished Pajama Sam vol. 1, Fear Equation, Prehistorik 1 and 2, Crystal Caves, several Star Wars games, Broken Age, Drod titles, Unepic, Ignition (played this one a lot!), Quest for Infamy, played over 100h on Xenonauts, Card City Nights, Gateways, good laughs with Dropsy and Hatoful Boyfriend (yep), Mark of the Ninja, the 1st Hugo game, Normality, primordia, Resonance, weird ass Unrest, La Mulana, Shadow Warrior (a gem that I didn't finish back in 97), Arcen gems like Bionic Dues, my personal favorite CLARC (highly recommend this tin game) and MANY more, all on gog/Linux.

All tons of fun. Memorable gems I won't forget... games I played as a young fellow, games I discovered, games I wish I played in the past, games I should've paid more attention to.

Then proton came and paved way for many titles more. 2019's on and I'm currently playing Slap City, Jedi Knight II, Sniper Elite v2 and Victoria II via steam play. Flawlessly. Great tool if you ask me.
Eventually I did put my good old "linux only gog pc" to rest a little (it was getting old, too) but I'll never stop using it, since it has a charm that will never be matched. I'll upgrade it once Galaxy's on tux.
linuxvangog: - /u/linuxvangog on Reddit
Does 'linuxvangog' still work for GOG? (Probably not as I found no recent posts here or on Reddit...)
linuxvangog: Edit (17 Jan 2018):
I've created some gogmixes you might want to take a look at!

Mac & Linux recommendations for low end machines:
https://www.gog.com/mix/linuxvangogs_list_for_low_end_linux_mac_computers

Mac & Linux recommendations with local multiplayer:
https://www.gog.com/mix/linuxvangogs_list_of_local_multi_linux_mac_games
These links are dead. So GOG even screws over their own motivated employees...
Post edited October 31, 2019 by Zrevnur
Zrevnur: These links are dead. So GOG even screws over their own motivated employees...
Theyre gogmixes - none of which exist anymore
Zrevnur: Does 'linuxvangog' still work for GOG? (Probably not as I found no recent posts here or on Reddit...)
No. Also as far as I can tell, there's no full replacement, i.e. it feels like the linux staff was down-sized (and sometimes with the mishaps happening here it feels like it was downsized from 1.33 employee to 0.33).
ped7g:
You are generous. I suspect a single person spends less than 20% of their time doing things like making Linux installers and such.
Zrevnur: Does 'linuxvangog' still work for GOG? (Probably not as I found no recent posts here or on Reddit...)
ped7g: No. Also as far as I can tell, there's no full replacement, i.e. it feels like the linux staff was down-sized (and sometimes with the mishaps happening here it feels like it was downsized from 1.33 employee to 0.33).
And may be even outsourced to barely competent support staff.
Post edited November 01, 2019 by shmerl
I sometimes doubt GOG's approach to Linux.
It feels lacking in long term vision.
When Steam is investing much more resources in Linux support, including Proton, GOG is abandoning what little they were doing.
Galaxy on Linux is nowhere to be seen.
Many games are missing Linux releases, that are present on other stores.

Do they really feel, staying away from Linux in the current tech scenario is a wise decision!
bhrigu: Do they really feel, staying away from Linux in the current tech scenario is a wise decision!
I think their management doesn't really get the point of Linux, unlike Valve.
Post edited November 01, 2019 by shmerl
bhrigu: I sometimes doubt GOG's approach to Linux.
It feels lacking in long term vision.
To be frank, I think they lack long term vision in everything they do.

Or, if they have a vision (other than Galaxy Galaxy Galaxy!), they are really bad at communicating it.
Post edited November 01, 2019 by clarry
Windows S, everyone has heard of that one. Think if there were no other kind of Windows OS out there. <shudders>

Only programs/apps allowed are those from MS shop. Reminds me of Chrome OS too.
It seems like some games that have native linux versions miss this information from the store page. One example is Vampire: The Masquerade - Coteries of New York. I wonder what is going on with GOG.
igrok: It seems like some games that have native linux versions miss this information from the store page. One example is Vampire: The Masquerade - Coteries of New York. I wonder what is going on with GOG.
Oh, do you mean Vampire: The Masquerade - Coteries of New York has Linux version to download, but it's not listed? I didn't buy it yet, since I thought the Linux version is missing here.

And by the way, I don't think anyone reads this thread, besides other GOG users. @linuxvangog has left GOG unfortunately.
Post edited January 27, 2020 by shmerl