It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

ssokolow: As far as I can tell, the end result of the patching process is just plain ordinary Infinity Engine resource files and the only reason you need the Win32-based patcher app is because distributing pre-patched files would be copyright infringement.
Sude: Isn't the patcher for most (all?) IE mods WeiDU?
You can find Linux binaries and source code for WeiDU here: [url=http://www.weidu.org/~thebigg]http://www.weidu.org/~thebigg[/url]/
Yeah, but there are two rough edges there:

1. It's been a while and I can't remember whether it was exclusively WeiDU or whether there were other patchers in the mix.
2. I seem to remember the instructions for some of the mods saying "Run this .BAT file" and not everyone knows how to translate a DOS batch file into either a Bourne shell script or a set of manual steps.

It's simpler to deal with that uncertainty by saying "expect to have to install the mods using Wine".
Since this was easy to miss, GOG promised some interesting update on the upcoming Linux support.
See https://secure.gog.com/news/2014_drmfree_summer_sale_grand_finale
Post edited June 30, 2014 by shmerl
Looking forward to these Linux news.. didn't expect any of that yet.
Darksiders is coming to Linux.
Interesting. I just started playing it when my vid card croaked. Maybe by the time I get a new one I can pick things up penguin style.

Tried running it in Wine once, but it stuttered something fierce.
Damn, that's a fine game! :O
gooberking: Interesting. I just started playing it when my vid card croaked. Maybe by the time I get a new one I can pick things up penguin style.

Good thing that there won't be a need for that any longer.
gooberking: Interesting. I just started playing it when my vid card croaked. Maybe by the time I get a new one I can pick things up penguin style.

Future_Suture: Good thing that there won't be a need for that any longer.
Why won't there be a need for wine?
Future_Suture: Good thing that there won't be a need for that any longer.
hummer010: Why won't there be a need for wine?
Because its a native port. Not sure if trolling...
TheMechanist: Because its a native port.
*rofl*
In want to laugh too. Please explain yourself :(
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Port_wine
TheMechanist: Because its a native port. Not sure if trolling...
Whoops. I didn't really read what you had quoted. I thought you were saying because GOG is planning to support Linux that there wouldn't be a need for wine.

Rereading it now, it's obvious that you were referring specifically to Darksiders.

Sorry for the confusion. Beer + posting isn't always a good thing.
+1 :D
hummer010: Whoops. I didn't really read what you had quoted. I thought you were saying because GOG is planning to support Linux that there wouldn't be a need for wine.

Rereading it now, it's obvious that you were referring specifically to Darksiders.

Sorry for the confusion. Beer + posting isn't always a good thing.
Well to be completely honest we don't really know if it will be a native port though. In theory it could be a wrapper package - like The Witcher 2. I could have swear I read something about SDL2 somewhere, but couldn't find it afterwards. Probably another game....
Post edited July 12, 2014 by TheMechanist
Snickersnack: Damn, that's a fine game! :O
Just like The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings, and it's older too! I really wish The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings did not have to be the poster boy for why one shouldn't do anything but a native port.