It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Right now there is a Wishlist for the Linux version of games on GOG. Please vote!
IronArcturus: Right now there is a Wishlist for the Linux version of games on GOG. Please vote!
Right now? It's been around for years!
IronArcturus: Right now there is a Wishlist for the Linux version of games on GOG. Please vote!
Future_Suture: Right now? It's been around for years!
Heh, that's true. I guess it was a poor choice of words! But I still hope someday GOG can get some Linux games too. :P
krillehog: Thanks! I'm actually the founder of FireFlower Games and I also contacted him after I saw your post. :) We're working on some modifications to our feeds now.
ssokolow: Ahh. I'm glad I could help.

Also, while I've got your attention, would you mind answering two questions for me?

1. Is there a way to retrieve a list of /shop/.../ URLs or raw (no "--- File 1") names for an account's purchased games? That's the main reason I haven't yet added FireFlower to the in-development ITAD integration userscript.

2. Would it be possible to get an SVG of your logo? I use a private wiki page (old screenshot) to keep track of my accounts and it'd be easier to craft an 80x15 button/badge for FireFlower if I had a vector source file.
I'll get back to you about that.
I've cut back my involvement with GOG a very large amount. No more purchases, steam is my go to now unfortunately.

I'm sure most of you here have gone that direction, GOG is slowly losing it's highest earning customers.
blackjudas: I've cut back my involvement with GOG a very large amount. No more purchases, steam is my go to now unfortunately.

I'm sure most of you here have gone that direction, GOG is slowly losing it's highest earning customers.
Why just Steam? Humble gives you Steam versions as well as DRM free versions. The reason you used GOG in the first place was for DRM free games, right?
See the first post in this thread ;)

blackjudas: I've cut back my involvement with GOG a very large amount. No more purchases, steam is my go to now unfortunately.

These days I don't buy games on GOG if they have Linux versions available DRM-free (Humble Store or Desura and etc.). But Steam? No way.
Post edited March 12, 2014 by shmerl

I'm with Future_Suture on this one. If one stops buying from GOG over Linux, then the HB seems like a more natural alternative. You are free to prefer Steam but I would think you would be getting something else out the deal than just Linux copies, like the client interaction, auto patching and cloud saving.

I'm pretty much only buying from HB right now. I have all the old stuff I think I will ever want, and the indies are the only other thing GOG sells. Unfortunately they are only selling 2/3 of what you get when you grab the same game on the HB. I would love to stop buying there, because I hate their website. I hate the way it displays my games. Just a clunky half baked mess of a website.
HB, Desura, etc., would lose sales to GOG if the members here knew that they were planning on adding Linux support later, I suspect. Is that right? We just don't know.
JohnnyDollar: HB, Desura, etc., would lose sales to GOG if the members here knew that they were planning on adding Linux support later, I suspect. Is that right? We just don't know.
I suspect that not really.
JohnnyDollar: HB, Desura, etc., would lose sales to GOG if the members here knew that they were planning on adding Linux support later, I suspect. Is that right? We just don't know.
simon_vd: I suspect that not really.
Shhh, GOG reps are lurking. :P
For the reference: https://secure.gog.com/forum/general/getting_back_to_our_roots/post933

iWi:
Linux you say ... hmmm ... let us chew on this ... ;)
Post edited March 12, 2014 by shmerl
shmerl: For the reference: https://secure.gog.com/forum/general/getting_back_to_our_roots/post933

iWi:

Linux you say ... hmmm ... let us chew on this ... ;)
shmerl:
Whatever that means ... I just wish they would at least announce Linux support before the current sale is over.
mudd1: Whatever that means ... I just wish they would at least announce Linux support before the current sale is over.
IMO it's best to just ignore any comments like that from GOG about Linux support unless they clearly announce plans to start supporting it.
adamhm: ... unless they clearly announce plans to start supporting it.
They did now. After so many comments this thread can probably rest now. GOG finally listened to the customers and their long time wish.

As a first step they will provide Linux versions for a hundred games DosBox, ScummVM, Native clients in fall 2014 supporting Ubuntu and Mint.

http://www.gog.com/news/gogcom_soon_on_more_platforms
Post edited March 18, 2014 by Trilarion