It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Gateways for Windows Mac and Linux is offered DRM-free for at least a dollar at "IndieGameStand" today.

Another Linux version not available here, besides some other new ones like "Dust - An Elysian Tail".
Post edited March 08, 2014 by Klumpen0815
Edit: Nevermind, the article I linked to is too speculative.
Post edited March 09, 2014 by JohnnyDollar
TheEnigmaticT: 3. Maintanence. Across those 10 common distros, how often does one of them update? Quarterly? Monthly? I don't know
More updates on the Docker project: http://blog.docker.io/2014/03/docker-0-9-introducing-execution-drivers-and-libcontainer/

So, what does GOG think about using isolation method to address the above? Did you cease all R&D altogether or you still work on this?
Future_Suture: The Humble Store gives you a DRM free version and a Steam version with a single purchase if both are available. That way you can enjoy Linux gaming both without DRM or through Steam.
ssokolow: ...and IsThereAnyDeal.com can filter for Linux versions.

They don't seem to be able to filter for DRM-freeness (though, if you know a game is only available with DRM, they can filter for "DRM = Steamworks") but you can limit the effects of that by [url=http://isthereanydeal.com/#/filter:desura,gog,dotemu,shinyloot,humblestore,indiegamestand,gamesrocket,&price/0/5,&cut/50/100,&hidemac,&hideshops,&linux;/option:vouchers]filtering[/url] for the seven stores they track that, whether or not they actually have Linux content currently, are most likely to offer DRM-free versions.

(And the waitlist feature lets you set store filters on a per-game basis so you can exclude known DRM-riddled offerings from consideration.)

Now they just need to start tracking FireFlower Games, , and [url=http://www.indievania.com/games?platform=Linux]Indievania so I can bump the number of sites in my filter up to 10.
They will soon start to track FireFlower Games. :)
CryEngine adds Linux support: http://www.crytek.com/news/conference-attendees-can-also-see-a-brand-new-mobile-game-extra-engine-updates-and-much-more-at-crytek-s-booth
ssokolow: ...and IsThereAnyDeal.com can filter for Linux versions.

They don't seem to be able to filter for DRM-freeness (though, if you know a game is only available with DRM, they can filter for "DRM = Steamworks") but you can limit the effects of that by [url=http://isthereanydeal.com/#/filter:desura,gog,dotemu,shinyloot,humblestore,indiegamestand,gamesrocket,&price/0/5,&cut/50/100,&hidemac,&hideshops,&linux;/option:vouchers]filtering[/url] for the seven stores they track that, whether or not they actually have Linux content currently, are most likely to offer DRM-free versions.

(And the waitlist feature lets you set store filters on a per-game basis so you can exclude known DRM-riddled offerings from consideration.)

Now they just need to start tracking FireFlower Games, , and [url=http://www.indievania.com/games?platform=Linux]Indievania so I can bump the number of sites in my filter up to 10.
krillehog: They will soon start to track FireFlower Games. :)
That's actually my doing. I contacted the guy who runs the site and asked him if he could add Gameolith and FireFlower Games and provided sufficient evidence that they're not fly-by-night operations. (Though I was able to say a lot more about Gameolith than FireFlower. For Indievania, I'm having more trouble assembling a convincing case so I haven't asked yet.)

I'm also working with him to produce an "Import my library/wishlist" userscript as my spare time permits. I've attached the GOG-specific screenshots and you can see the full set here. (It adds the "Export to ITAD" buttons.)

I've already written the code to extract identifying keys (URLs or names) suitable for indexing into the ITAD database (clicking those buttons opens a browser alert() dialog showing the raw JSON) and now all I need to do is find time to write an <iframe>-based dialog and POST the JSON to it to display the new confirm dialog he's written.

Wishlist support will just be a matter of waiting for him to extend the import API and adding three strings to an associative array once we've got the library import working reliably. (And Desura isn't included because he already has a far superior "connect your account" option for it that'll automatically sync future changes.)
Attachments:
gog_dark.png (14 Kb)
gog_wood.png (50 Kb)
gog_list.png (13 Kb)
Post edited March 11, 2014 by ssokolow
Really hope that they add this to the Cryengine free SDK :)
krillehog: They will soon start to track FireFlower Games. :)
ssokolow: That's actually my doing. I contacted the guy who runs the site and asked him if he could add Gameolith and FireFlower Games and provided sufficient evidence that they're not fly-by-night operations. (Though I was able to say a lot more about Gameolith than FireFlower. For Indievania, I'm having more trouble assembling a convincing case so I haven't asked yet.)
Thanks! I'm actually the founder of FireFlower Games and I also contacted him after I saw your post. :) We're working on some modifications to our feeds now.
Post edited March 11, 2014 by krillehog
ssokolow: That's actually my doing. I contacted the guy who runs the site and asked him if he could add Gameolith and FireFlower Games and provided sufficient evidence that they're not fly-by-night operations. (Though I was able to say a lot more about Gameolith than FireFlower. For Indievania, I'm having more trouble assembling a convincing case so I haven't asked yet.)
krillehog: Thanks! I'm actually the founder of FireFlower Games and I also contacted him after I saw your post. :) We're working on some modifications to our feeds now.
Ahh. I'm glad I could help.

Also, while I've got your attention, would you mind answering two questions for me?

1. Is there a way to retrieve a list of /shop/.../ URLs or raw (no "--- File 1") names for an account's purchased games? That's the main reason I haven't yet added FireFlower to the in-development ITAD integration userscript.

2. Would it be possible to get an SVG of your logo? I use a private wiki page (old screenshot) to keep track of my accounts and it'd be easier to craft an 80x15 button/badge for FireFlower if I had a vector source file.
How much longer can GOG say no?
Future_Suture: How much longer can GOG say no?
Now, now. As much optimistic as you are, don't tempt fate.
Is anyone going to GDC to meet with GOG? Please ask them directly what is going on with their efforts for Linux support.
shmerl: Is anyone going to GDC to meet with GOG? Please ask them directly what is going on with their efforts for Linux support.
It's all the way in California. You're the closest out of all the regulars here.
Interesting tease...
http://www.gog.com/forum/general/getting_back_to_our_roots/post933
I was about to post this. What does it mean? More hope, more tears?