It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

velociti123: Well, I just removed libc6:i386 for kicks to see what would happen. Turns out that about 100 things were removed, and when I reinstalled it, I still need to install more packages --- the game refuses to run! Sigh...
If you have Steam installed you can also change the mb_warband.sh file to:

#!/bin/sh

STEAM_RT="${HOME}/.local/share/Steam/ubuntu12_32/steam-runtime/i386"

PROGRAM_DIRECTORY="`dirname "$0"`"
export LD_LIBRARY_PATH="${STEAM_RT}/lib/i386-linux-gnu:${STEAM_RT}/usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu:${PROGRAM_DIRECTORY}"

"$PROGRAM_DIRECTORY/mb_warband_linux" "$@"

as Steam installs all libraries
velociti123: Well, I just removed libc6:i386 for kicks to see what would happen. Turns out that about 100 things were removed, and when I reinstalled it, I still need to install more packages --- the game refuses to run! Sigh...
Pretty much everything in your system depends on libc, and when you try to remove a package that other other packages depend on, the package manager will most likely remove those as well. Meaning, just about every 32-bit package you had installed were removed.
Maighstir: Pretty much everything in your system depends on libc, and when you try to remove a package that other other packages depend on, the package manager will most likely remove those as well. Meaning, just about every 32-bit package you had installed were removed.
Haha, wonderful! Thanks for the explanation. Still getting the packages back, I'll just leave it as is this time.

marzelut, had no clue steam gets you libraries for linux, that's great. Haven't gotten steam yet for linux, might try later then.
Maighstir: Pretty much everything in your system depends on libc, and when you try to remove a package that other other packages depend on, the package manager will most likely remove those as well. Meaning, just about every 32-bit package you had installed were removed.
velociti123: Haha, wonderful! Thanks for the explanation. Still getting the packages back, I'll just leave it as is this time.

marzelut, had no clue steam gets you libraries for linux, that's great. Haven't gotten steam yet for linux, might try later then.
Steam pretty much comes with a stripped-down Ubuntu 12.04, and prefers using those libraries rather than ones supplied by the system. This can both help and hinder - running on Arch, Steam's libstdc++ and libgcc_s libraries are incompatible with my system, so for every time Steam updates (and replaces those files with its own), I have to remove and link them to the system libraries.

The good thing about the Steam runtime is that game developers can focus on getting their games to work in that environment and won't have to worry (as much) about being compatible with other versions or implementations of various system libraries, decreasing the work required for a Linux port considerably, and increasing the likelihood of Linux ports.
Post edited September 27, 2015 by Maighstir
Everyone that has Mount and Blade Warband, or even napoleonic wars, and has installed it as a linux install & download:
I want you to launch the game, use a weapon and slash the air. There are no sounds coming out. There is still an audio issue. rgl_log.txt shows that there is something wrong with the sound failing to be mapped:

My guess: If the animation fails, then the sound won't trigger either. RIght?
Here's a few lines of the log below.

//Processing Ini File Finished
Loading Textures...
Finished Loading Textures...
L8 Format is supported
Sound file could not be found: Sounds/fl_pistol.wav WARNING: UNABLE TO MAP SOUND CODE: snd_release_crossbow_medium
WARNING: UNABLE TO MAP SOUND CODE: snd_release_crossbow_far
WARNING: UNABLE TO MAP SOUND CODE: snd_bullet_hit_body
WARNING: UNABLE TO MAP SOUND CODE: snd_player_hit_by_bullet
WARNING: UNABLE TO MAP GAME PRESENTATION CODE: prsnt_game_start
WARNING: UNABLE TO MAP GAME PRESENTATION CODE: prsnt_game_escape
WARNING: UNABLE TO MAP GAME SCRIPT CODE: game_check_party_sees_party
WARNING: UNABLE TO MAP GAME SCRIPT CODE: game_get_party_speed_multiplier
WARNING: UNABLE TO MAP GAME SCRIPT CODE: game_missile_launch
WARNING: UNABLE TO MAP GAME SCRIPT CODE: game_missile_dives_into_water
WARNING: UNABLE TO MAP GAME SCRIPT CODE: game_troop_upgrades_button_clicked
WARNING: UNABLE TO MAP GAME SCRIPT CODE: game_character_screen_requested
Loading Module...
Loading item kinds...
Loading dialogs...
Loading mission templates...
Loading party templates...

rgl_post_warning_line: get_skeleton_anim failed for: equip_musket
rgl_post_warning_line: get_skeleton_anim failed for: equip_musket
rgl_post_warning_line: get_skeleton_anim failed for: crouch_stand_man
rgl_post_warning_line: get_skeleton_anim failed for: crouch_stand_man
rgl_post_warning_line: get_skeleton_anim failed for: crouch_greatsword_cstance
rgl_post_warning_line: get_skeleton_anim failed for: crouch_staff_cstance
rgl_post_warning_line: get_skeleton_anim failed for: crouch_fire_pistol
rgl_post_warning_line: get_skeleton_anim failed for: crouch_fire_pistol
rgl_post_warning_line: get_skeleton_anim failed for: man_reload
rgl_post_warning_line: get_skeleton_anim failed for: crouch_staff_cstance_attack
rgl_post_warning_line: get_skeleton_anim failed for: crouch_staff_cstance_attack
rgl_post_warning_line: get_skeleton_anim failed for: spear_thrust_overhead
rgl_post_warning_line: get_skeleton_anim failed for: reload_pistol_new
rgl_post_warning_line: get_skeleton_anim failed for: musket_upper_swing
rgl_post_warning_line: get_skeleton_anim failed for: musket_thrust_forward
rgl_post_warning_line: get_skeleton_anim failed for: musket_thrust_forward_parry
rgl_post_warning_line: get_skeleton_anim failed for: musket_thrust_forward_parry
rgl_post_warning_line: get_skeleton_anim failed for: equip_pistol
rgl_post_warning_line: get_skeleton_anim failed for: equip_pistol loading time: 11438
Finished All...
Loading tracks
load_map_data complete.
Init_map complete.
init_meta_mission complete.
map mesh built.
get_ideal_sun_color.
get_ideal_fog_color.
632 parties added.
launch complete.
velociti123: Everyone that has Mount and Blade Warband, or even napoleonic wars, and has installed it as a linux install & download:
I want you to launch the game, use a weapon and slash the air. There are no sounds coming out.
You are right, swinging my axe makes no sound. Not sure if there is a connection with the animations or the log. Looks more like the remains of another game.
Basically, you ignored my post, where have very well written exactly this.

marzelut: You are right, swinging my axe makes no sound. Not sure if there is a connection with the animations or the log. Looks more like the remains of another game.
Have you read my post? Have you tried installing directsound?
Post edited October 03, 2015 by Lin545
** Edit ** Wasn't paying attention, replied to a really old post. You can delete this. Sorry.
Post edited October 05, 2015 by Narvyk
Guys, how M&B Warband (linux native) is going for you on Linux? Character is drawn correctly?
I have a lot of shader linking errors in console output, like this (have no idea, is it my config or game's build has problems):

Error: Shader linking error on VS:GLShadersOptimized/vs_bumpmap_interior.glsl and FS:GLShadersOptimized/fs_bumpmap_interior.glsl

Fragment info
-------------
0(22) : error C6013: Only arrays of texcoords may be indexed in this profile, and only with a loop index variable
0(27) : error C6013: Only arrays of texcoords may be indexed in this profile, and only with a loop index variable
0(30) : error C6013: Only arrays of texcoords may be indexed in this profile, and only with a loop index variable

--etc--
Post edited December 09, 2015 by vsr
vsr: I have a lot of shader linking errors in console output, like this (have no idea, is it my config or game's build has problems):
Are you using Nvidia proprietary drivers?
vsr: I have a lot of shader linking errors in console output, like this (have no idea, is it my config or game's build has problems):
v3: Are you using Nvidia proprietary drivers?
Yes, i'm using nvidia's proprietary drivers.
v3: Are you using Nvidia proprietary drivers?
vsr: Yes, i'm using nvidia's proprietary drivers.
I assumed because OpenGL errors you're getting could be connected to it. Try using a different version of said proprietary drivers and although the most sensible choice would always be upgrading to the latest (which you should try anyhow) there were some cases similar to yours where using an older version did the trick. If you need extra help afterwards, post which distro you're using and driver versions you tested with.
vsr: Yes, i'm using nvidia's proprietary drivers.
v3: I assumed because OpenGL errors you're getting could be connected to it. Try using a different version of said proprietary drivers and although the most sensible choice would always be upgrading to the latest (which you should try anyhow) there were some cases similar to yours where using an older version did the trick. If you need extra help afterwards, post which distro you're using and driver versions you tested with.
I can't use older driver version, because i'm using latest version xorg - 1.18.0. Older drivers do not support Xorg ABI 20.
If you guys have no problems running it - it is good news for me. My current hardware is totally outdated and need to be replaced by a new pc.

edit: however, i'm running Warband on windows xp without problems. :/ But, nvm.
Post edited December 09, 2015 by vsr
vsr: I can't use older driver version, because i'm using latest version xorg - 1.18.0. Older drivers do not support Xorg ABI 20.
You can usually choose betweeen at least couple of driver versions from your repo. Have you at least tried the latest then?

As a last resort, I would even go with nouveau just to see what's happening,

vsr: If you guys have no problems running it - it is good news for me. My current hardware is totally outdated and need to be replaced by a new pc.
I wasn't speaking for myself as I haven't played the game.
vsr: I can't use older driver version, because i'm using latest version xorg - 1.18.0. Older drivers do not support Xorg ABI 20.
v3: You can usually choose betweeen at least couple of driver versions from your repo. Have you at least tried the latest then?

As a last resort, I would even go with nouveau just to see what's happening,

vsr: If you guys have no problems running it - it is good news for me. My current hardware is totally outdated and need to be replaced by a new pc.
v3: I wasn't speaking for myself as I haven't played the game.
I'm using latest nvidia driver - no luck.
Tried Nouveau as well - same result.