It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

velociti123: Snip
Are you on a 64bit install? If so, you likely need the 32 bit opengl libraries.
velociti123: Snip
hummer010: Are you on a 64bit install? If so, you likely need the 32 bit opengl libraries.
Yes I installed the OS as 64bit cinnamon edition.
How do I get 32 bit openGL libs? suda apt-get install opengl? opengl-32? I'll just google search maybe?
adamhm: Try searching for it in the software manager. Looks like you need to install the package libglew1.10:i386
OOOOO this has to be it! Let's see! good find.

/home/user/GOG\ Games/Mount\ Blade\ Warband/start.sh
Running Mount & Blade: Warband
./mb_warband_linux: error while loading shared libraries: libSDL2-2.0.so.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

Ok Now i'm missing another package, I'll repeat it in software manager
----------------------
==================

EDIT:

After getting about 3 new packages after that, the game runs.

Let's hope everything works in the game now, thanks all!
Post edited September 25, 2015 by velociti123
velociti123: ./mb_warband_linux: error while loading shared libraries: libSDL2-2.0.so.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

Now you're missing libsdl2-2.0-0:i386 package.

For future reference, when you see an error pointing to missing file and you don't know which package that file belongs to (you install packages, not files), go to and under "Search the contents of packages" (second search field from the top) paste the file mentioned in the error report. The results page will point you to package name you're looking for [url=http://packages.ubuntu.com/search?searchon=contents&keywords=libSDL2-2.0.so.0&mode=exactfilename&suite=trusty&arch=any]like this.
velociti123: ./mb_warband_linux: error while loading shared libraries: libSDL2-2.0.so.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

v3: Now you're missing libsdl2-2.0-0:i386 package.

For future reference, when you see an error pointing to missing file and you don't know which package that file belongs to (you install packages, not files), go to and under "Search the contents of packages" (second search field from the top) paste the file mentioned in the error report. The results page will point you to package name you're looking for [url=http://packages.ubuntu.com/search?searchon=contents&keywords=libSDL2-2.0.so.0&mode=exactfilename&suite=trusty&arch=any]like this.
That's awesome! Thanks for that, i'll do that for all missing files from now on to get the right package.
Learning so much on my first real day on linux, you guys rock.
Problems Solved, thanks all.
velociti123: snip
Do you install all your packages with the terminal?
I prefer to use the Synaptic package manager.
FoxbodyMustang: You could also try winehq. I'm not sure if I have the Mount and Blade you are referring to but here is a link to Warband.
0Grapher: Correct me if I'm wrong but GOG's version of Mount and Blade (Warband) isn't a Wine game, is it?
Why would he want to look on WineHQ?
Well even with the Linux version of Crimsonland, it still would not run without downloading an extra package (for me anyways). Cannot remember which one exactly, but I figured it could be a similar problem, just a missing package. It got mine working though. But I figured maybe he just had a similar issue going on. Like I said, I'm still learning Linux myself.
Post edited September 26, 2015 by FoxbodyMustang
0Grapher: Correct me if I'm wrong but GOG's version of Mount and Blade (Warband) isn't a Wine game, is it?
Why would he want to look on WineHQ?
FoxbodyMustang: Well even with the Linux version of Crimsonland, it still would not run without downloading an extra package (for me anyways). Cannot remember which one exactly, but I figured it could be a similar problem, just a missing package. It got mine working though. But I figured maybe he just had a similar issue going on. Like I said, I'm still learning Linux myself.
Always keep an eye out for the game page when buying Linux games, GOG lists the required libraries in the system requirements area. :-)

This area often gets little to no attention.
Ganni1987: This area often gets little to no attention.
Ah I was not aware that required packages were already listed on GOG. When I first started getting the Linux installers I assumed everything was in order already. I will certainly look for this in the future. Thanks.
FoxbodyMustang: Well even with the Linux version of Crimsonland, it still would not run without downloading an extra package (for me anyways). Cannot remember which one exactly, but I figured it could be a similar problem, just a missing package. It got mine working though. But I figured maybe he just had a similar issue going on. Like I said, I'm still learning Linux myself.
Ganni1987: Always keep an eye out for the game page when buying Linux games, GOG lists the required libraries in the system requirements area. :-)

WOW, I was told by someone to check if there was a list somewhere, but I checked the library download area.
This helps a ton man, because I'm missing sounds when playing. I knew I was still missing something.

Thank you very much, will check sys req's area for packages forever now.
---------------------
EDIT:

I checked and had all the packages installed previously. I still have sound issues, the 'sword swinging through air' sound doesn't play, and some other sounds too. Does the fact that I have, say, libasound2-plugins, does this mess up the libasound2-plugins:i386 package? Should I take out the non-i386 package? I'm worried similar packages result in the wrong packages being used for the game.
Post edited September 26, 2015 by velociti123
velociti123: I checked and had all the packages installed previously. I still have sound issues, the 'sword swinging through air' sound doesn't play, and some other sounds too. Does the fact that I have, say, libasound2-plugins, does this mess up the libasound2-plugins:i386 package? Should I take out the non-i386 package? I'm worried similar packages result in the wrong packages being used for the game.
If you are running mixed x64 + i386 environiment, then this is how Debian-based do the "multiarch" (multi architecture).
libxxxx - is a 64bit library or package, where libxxxxx:i386 - is a 32bit version.

for 32-bit software, the path is: software(32bit)--library(32bit)---systemlibrary(glibc,32bit)---64bit kernel
for 64-bit software: software(64bit)--library(64bit)---systemlibrary(glibc,64bit)---64bit kernel

software either sees the package and grabs it, or cant find it and most certainly fails.

the library might be locally installed(1) (pre-shipped) and recides within same directory as binary, or it can be globally installed (2) (inside PATH variable, this variable simply defines standard locations; "echo $PATH" in terminal). the third option, is to override the library with LD_PRELOAD=xxx, which is hardly used in normal circumstances.

In case the library is locally installed, it is usually part of the package. Having library locally installed is actually bad, but this way finds wide application for proprietary applications (because proprietary devs tend to release a version and then forget about support of software).

globally installed libraries, on the other hand, reside in their own package and are marked as dependency for actual package you pick (payload).

In case you have missing sound problems in Windows application run within Wine, try installing dsound (directsound) library via winetricks, or PlayOnLinux. Practically it means copying windows-version of direct sound dlls, and then running winecfg, marking dsound dll as external. I had this problem with Deus Ex Invisible War (CD version).
Ganni1987: Always keep an eye out for the game page when buying Linux games, GOG lists the required libraries in the system requirements area. :-)

velociti123: WOW, I was told by someone to check if there was a list somewhere, but I checked the library download area.
This helps a ton man, because I'm missing sounds when playing. I knew I was still missing something.

---------------------
EDIT:

I checked and had all the packages installed previously. I still have sound issues, the 'sword swinging through air' sound doesn't play, and some other sounds too. Does the fact that I have, say, libasound2-plugins, does this mess up the libasound2-plugins:i386 package? Should I take out the non-i386 package? I'm worried similar packages result in the wrong packages being used for the game.
Took me a while to understand which game you're talking about, it's Mount and Blade Warband, for that particular game I created a small mini patch that includes many required libraries required by the game. Just download the patch from the thread below and extract it in your M&B Warband folder.

http://www.gog.com/forum/mount_blade_series/mount_blade_warband_linux_mint_easy_setup

This patch will not modify your system in any way, even better makes your game more portable :-)
Post edited September 26, 2015 by Ganni1987
velociti123: WOW, I was told by someone to check if there was a list somewhere, but I checked the library download area.

---------------------
EDIT:

Ganni1987: Took me a while to understand which game you're talking about, it's Mount and Blade Warband, for that particular game I created a small mini patch that includes many required libraries required by the game. Just download the patch from the thread below and extract it in your M&B Warband folder.

http://www.gog.com/forum/mount_blade_series/mount_blade_warband_linux_mint_easy_setup

This patch will not modify your system in any way, even better makes your game more portable :-)
So I just extract it and drop the files in the warband games folder?
Checked the sound and I still don't have sounds triggering, no change. Hopefuly I did something wrong with the patch? Not just supposed to move it?
Well, I just removed libc6:i386 for kicks to see what would happen. Turns out that about 100 things were removed, and when I reinstalled it, I still need to install more packages --- the game refuses to run! Sigh...
Ganni1987: Took me a while to understand which game you're talking about, it's Mount and Blade Warband, for that particular game I created a small mini patch that includes many required libraries required by the game. Just download the patch from the thread below and extract it in your M&B Warband folder.

velociti123: So I just extract it and drop the files in the warband games folder?
Checked the sound and I still don't have sounds triggering, no change. Hopefuly I did something wrong with the patch? Not just supposed to move it?
The library files have to be in your "Mount and Blade Warband/game" folder. If the game runs but you don't have sound then it's probably something else.