It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Matruchus: If its ever going to be possible I would be very much interested in a script for Frostpunk.
vv221: This one has been in my wishlist for quite a long time now, it’s looking really nice ;)
And from what I’ve seen, it should work quite well as long as the WINE version used is not too old.

But there’s no way I’m putting the price they’re asking for a Windows-only game, especially when the same studio used to release native Linux versions of their games. (well, more accurately *broken* native Linux version)
I added it to our list of requested games in case another contributor already owns it.
I sent you the code for Frostpunk. Since its now on sale I picked it up.
Post edited October 23, 2019 by Matruchus
Matruchus: I sent you the code for Frostpunk. Since its now on sale I picked it up.
Got it, that’s very nice of you ;)
I should have some time to work on it during the coming days, feel free to remind me if I didn’t post anything about it before the week-end.
Post edited October 23, 2019 by vv221
Matruchus: (…)
I’ve been tinkering a bit with Frostpunk, WINE and dxvk…
It looks like it will be easier than I expected to write a ./play.it script for this one, I should have something available for testing tomorrow. Or earlier if I cut a bit on my sleeping time ;)

-----

EDIT

Here it is, ready for testing: WIP: New game: Frostpunk
I’ll open a thread with usage instructions later, in the game dedicated sub-forum.
Post edited October 24, 2019 by vv221
The usage instructions for the Frostpunk installation script are now available: [./play.it] Install Frostpunk on Linux
vv221: I’ve been tinkering a bit with Frostpunk, WINE and dxvk…
It looks like it will be easier than I expected to write a ./play.it script for this one, I should have something available for testing tomorrow. Or earlier if I cut a bit on my sleeping time ;)

-----

EDIT

Here it is, ready for testing: WIP: New game: Frostpunk
I’ll open a thread with usage instructions later, in the game dedicated sub-forum.
Didn't have much time to get to it. I installed it but it laggs horribly in the menu and it can't load up the game - basically A new home scenario.
Could you describe your setup in the thread I opened in the game subforum? Especially GPU model and driver version, as well as WINE version.
The console output you get after running `frostpunk` in a terminal might help too.

Maybe I have a machine available here I could use to try and reproduce your issue.
Or maybe another ./play.it contributor would be able to reproduce it and look for a fix.

My main system is a Debian Sid with a Radeon R9 380X GPU, using the free Mesa driver (amdgpu), and on this one I do not have any performance issue and I’m already several hours into A New Home. Using WINE 4.18, with dxvk 0.96 that I then upgraded to dxvk 1.4.3.
Matruchus: Didn't have much time to get to it. I installed it but it laggs horribly in the menu and it can't load up the game - basically A new home scenario.
You could try seeing how it runs using GOGWrap?
adamhm: (…)
It took me some time to find the download link for GOGWrap, so here is a link to the post that should have infos about the current version.
Matruchus: Didn't have much time to get to it. I installed it but it laggs horribly in the menu and it can't load up the game - basically A new home scenario.
adamhm: You could try seeing how it runs using GOGWrap?
Saddly I don't quite understand how to use the generic wrapper. I downloaded the wrapper. Launched the script but have no clue what to do after that.
adamhm: You could try seeing how it runs using GOGWrap?
Matruchus: Saddly I don't quite understand how to use the generic wrapper. I downloaded the wrapper. Launched the script but have no clue what to do after that.
The readme explains how to use and configure it, but basically just do:

./gogwrap.sh "<installer>"

If there are multiple installers just put them one after the other in the order you want them installed, e.g.: ./gogwrap.sh "<installer>" "<dlc/patch installer 1>" "<dlc/patch installer 2>" etc
Post edited October 29, 2019 by adamhm
high rated
Hello World!

After almost one full year without update (the most recent release, 2.11.2, if from late April 2019), I finally did what I had to: I left my job, so I’m once again able to dedicate to ./play.it the time this project deserves.

The last weeks have been spent turning the collection of fixes that were sitting idly in patch proposals into a 2.11.3 version, that just got released!

The original changelog can be found on our forge, here is a copy:

• Fix cdrom type (file or directory) detection for DOSBox games
• Use -eq instead of = for arithmetic comparisons
• Update link to issues tracker
• Improve handling of 7z archives extraction
• Improve error messages shown when a required script dependency is missing
• Spawn a terminal when calling winetricks, so its actions are no longer hidden from users not running their games from a terminal
• Use convmv when available for converting file names to lower case, as it has better performances than our custom-made function
• Fix argument usage for check_option_validity, and move it outside of play.it-2/src/99_init.sh
Arch Linux: Advertise ./play.it in the generated packages metadata
Arch Linux: Fix builddate entry in the generated packages metadata
Arch Linux: Improve support for libarchive implementation of tar ("bsdtar") when building packages
Debian: Improve handling of WINE dependency, thanks to Jens Reyer for the help on debian-wine mailing list
Gentoo: Fix default compression method for generated packages
Gentoo: Drop abi_x86_32 USE flag for app-emulation/winetricks dependency
I won’t list all the games that got some form of support added since last time, and I definitely won’t list the ones that have had their support updated… It would take far too much time ;)

Anyway, ./play.it is still alive and kicking, and work on the future 2.12 release is ongoing, so next update should come with a bunch of new features.
Post edited March 01, 2020 by vv221
Do not try to live on instant noodles only!
Themken: (…)
No need to worry about this: I like to cook, and I know how to make tasty meals from cheap ingredients ;)
A new bugfix release, 2.11.4, is ready to be widely tested before its public release.
The changelog can be found here, and the testing instructions are there.

The more eyes we get on it before its release, the more issues we will identify and squash instead of letting them run wild, so we would be thankful for any help on this front ;)
Post edited April 05, 2020 by vv221
A presentation of ./play.it can now be found on Arch Linux wiki.