It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

I just found out about this and it's awesome.
Thanks for doing this :)
Poulscath: (…)
You’re welcome ;)
hummer010: Do you take requests? I would love to see these three upgraded to playit2 (so they support Arch!):
Knights of the Old Republic
Temple of Elemental Evil
Vampire: the Masquerade
I was just browsing the play.it website, and I'm very pleased to see that Temple of Elemental Evil and Vampire: The Masquerade have been updated to play.it version 2 - they now work on Arch!

Thanks vv221 and all the other play.it folks!
hummer010: (…)
The list of scripts still on ./play.it 1 is getting quite small:
https://framagit.org/vv221/play.it/issues/9

I should get back to it as soon as I’m done with the couple outdated scripts remaining:
https://framagit.org/vv221/play.it-games/issues/40

By the way, both tasks are quite easy to pick up, even by someone with no prior knowledge of shell programming.
So if someone is interested in helping us on these fronts, just tell me and I’ll help you to help us ;)
high rated
Wow, it's been a while since last time, sorry for that!
Last annoucement was for 2.8.2 release, and we're now at 2.11.1. As you can guess it means a couple things have changed ;)

This time I won't post the full changelog as it would be really big, but you can find it here.

Still let's list some of the most insteresting news that happened since last time:

Installation of ./play.it improved, by adding a manpage and allowing to chose the installation path.

New supported archive type "iso", bringing us one step closer to CD/DVD support.

You can now use ./play.it to install games of Gentoo ;)

Support for Java games has been improved, using system-provided Java VM when possible.

-----

On another front, it's now much easier to install ./play.it on your system, thanks to its inclusion in the repositories of multiple distributions, including:
Arch Linux AUR
Debian Buster (10)
Ubuntu Cosmic (18.10)

You can get the list of all repositories including ./play.it on Repology.

-----

As usual, here goes the list of games added since last announcement.
Of course, we're not going to list scripts that got an update since last time, you can assume most of them have ;)

6180 The Moon
AER: Memories of Old
L'Amerzone
Armikrog
Asura
Battle Chef Brigade
Blocks that matter
The Book of Unwritten Tales: The Critter Chronicles
The Book of Unwritten Tales 2
Broforce
Broken Sword: Shadow of the Templars
Broken Sword II: The Smoking Mirror
Broken Sword II: The Smoking Mirror - Remastered
The Cat Machine
Cornerstone: The Song of Tyrim
Costume Quest
Cryptark
Cultist Simulator
Darkest Dungeon: Musketeer
Darkest Dungeon: The Color of Madness
Deadbolt
Deltarune - Chapter 1
The Dig
Distance
Dropsy
D: The Game
Enigmatis: The Ghosts of Maple Creek
Enigmatis 2: The Mists of Ravenwood
Enigmatis 3: The Shadow of Karkhala
Everspace
Everything
Evoland 2, A Slight Case of Spacetime Continuum Disorder
Fallout
Fallout 2
Farabel
Fox and Flock
The Girl and the Robot
Gobliiins
Goblins Quest 3
Gone Home
Graveyard Keeper
Grim Legends : The Forsaken Bride
Grim Legends 2 : Song of the Dark Swan
Grim Legends 3 : The Dark City
Habitat
Hacknet
Her Majesty's SPIFFING
Heroes of Might and Magic II: The Price of Loyalty
Hiveswap: Act 1
Human Resource Machine
Inner Space
Post edited March 23, 2019 by vv221
Kero Blaster
La Mulana
Lilly Looking Through
LIMBO
Little Big Adventure
Little Inferno
Loom
Lyne
MechaNika
Momodora: Reverie Under the Moonlight
Monster Prom
Moon Hunters
Morphopolis
Neverwinter Nights
Niche
Nightmares From the Deep: The Cursed Heart
Nightmares From the Deep 2: The Siren's Call
Nightmares From the Deep 3: Davy Jones
Opus Magnum
Orwell: Ignorance is Strength
Paper Sorcerer
Papo and Yo
Pink Heaven
Pink Hour
Proteus
Pulse
Rogue legacy
Ryan North's To Be or Not To Be
Secrets of Raetikon
Silence
Starship Traveller
State of Mind
Surviving Mars
Surviving Mars: Digital Deluxe Upgrade
Surviving Mars: Mysteries Resupply Pack
Surviving Mars: Stellaris Dome Set
Tag: The Power of Paint
The Temple of Elemental Evil
This War Of Mine
Tidalis
The Tiny Bang Story
TIS-100
Torchlight
Touhou Kishinjou ~ Double Dealing Character - Demo
Tyranny
Under Leaves
unEpic
Unreal Tournament
Vampire the Masquerade: Bloodlines
Wonder Boy: The Dragon's Trap
World to the West

-----

Don't forget that you can follow the project activity here.
Bug reports as well as requests are welcome here.
Could you update Arcanum and Daggerfall?
Post edited March 26, 2019 by Fereos847
Fereos847: (…)
Arcanum already is on our list of scripts to update, thanks for reporting that Daggerfall is outdated too, we actually missed this one.
The latest Arcanum GOG installer can now be used, by going through some tricks:
https://www.gog.com/forum/arcanum_of_steamworks_and_magick_obscura/playit_install_arcanum_on_linux/post4

At a later date it's going to be usable without any trick, I'll update the Arcanum ./play.it thread when it's ready.
The latest installer for Daggerfall can now be used, with the same method than the one used for Arcanum:
https://www.gog.com/forum/elder_scrolls_series/playit_install_the_elder_scrolls_games_on_linux/post5
Out of curiosity, is there ever going to be one of these for Unreal Gold?
TheBigCore: Out of curiosity, is there ever going to be one of these for Unreal Gold?
Well, now that there is a request for it, its chances to join our collection increased greatly ;)

We track request for new games on our forge, feel free to ask for Unreal Gold there so all our developers know there is some interest in it: ./play.it - Supported games - New games
Post edited August 13, 2019 by vv221
TheBigCore: Out of curiosity, is there ever going to be one of these for Unreal Gold?
vv221: Well, now that there is a request for it, its chances to join our collection increased greatly ;)

We track request for new games on our forge, feel free to ask for Unreal Gold there so all our developers know there is some interest in it: ./play.it - Supported games - New games
New Issue opened for Unreal Gold GOG release:

https://forge.dotslashplay.it/play.it/games/issues/129

Also for "Rise of the Triad - Dark War":

https://forge.dotslashplay.it/play.it/games/issues/130
Post edited August 14, 2019 by TheBigCore
Just wanted to say thanks for the Divinity: Original Sin script. It worked wonders and the game is now working on my Manjaro with AMD graphcis card.

If its ever going to be possible I would be very much interested in a script for Frostpunk.
Matruchus: If its ever going to be possible I would be very much interested in a script for Frostpunk.
This one has been in my wishlist for quite a long time now, it’s looking really nice ;)
And from what I’ve seen, it should work quite well as long as the WINE version used is not too old.

But there’s no way I’m putting the price they’re asking for a Windows-only game, especially when the same studio used to release native Linux versions of their games. (well, more accurately *broken* native Linux version)
I added it to our list of requested games in case another contributor already owns it.