It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

high rated
Quite a quiet week for ./play.it, with most of our time going towards thinking about future evolutions… You can read more about this there (framagit.org).

But still some library updates were needed to crush some 2.6.0 bugs:

* Fix an inverted test in archive_get_infos that broke the MD5 integrity
    check

* Fix postinst_icons_linking not working on more than one single app

* Rework most archive-related code for easier understanding and maintenance

Two scripts got notable updates:
Dex
Game renamed from 'dex' to 'dex-game' to avoid collisions with DesktopEntry eXecution
The Last Tinker: City of Colors
New Windows installer supported
New Linux installer supported

And we have three new games for your enjoyment:
Dreaming Sarah
Pyre
Syberia

Let’s game!
Few news about ./play.it recently, as we were really busy preparing our talk at the Journees du Logiciel Libre (Lyon, France).

But we still managed to get out the 2.7 version of ./play.it:

* Fix an inverted test in archive_get_infos that broke the MD5 integrity
    check again, the 2.6.2 fix having been accidentally reverted on 2.7.0
    release

* Fix variable leak during multi-parts archive automatic handling

* InnoSetup archives: Check ability of available innoextract version to
    extract the target archive before trying to proceed with extraction

* Try to guess the value of ARCHIVES_LIST if it is not set by the script

* Use 'APP_ICON' as a fallback value for APP_ICONS_LIST if it is not set

* Add automatic detection of multi-parts archives

* New function get_package_version allowing a reliable way to use different
    version values for multiple packages generated from a single archive

No really interesting script updates, and no new games to show you this time…
But don’t panic, we should be back to full speed in a couple days ;)

Let’s game!
high rated
As predicted, activity on ./play.it side is back to cruise speed, and quite a lot of things happened this week.

Let’s start with the updates to the library, all of them fixes for 2.7 version:

* Fix write_bin_winecfg breaking init_prefix_dirs in winecfg launcher

* archive_extraction_innosetup: Fix InnoSetup version test

* Fix archives_get_list not detecting archives named ARCHIVE_(…)_OLD

* Fix error message displayed by write_metadata when called on an unknown
    package

A couple scripts got updates:

Oddworld: Abe's Oddysee
New supported GOG installer
Republique
The Dark Eye: Memoria
Improved saved games managament
The Night of the Rabbit
Work around a bug in icotool
Install DirectX 9 on first launch, to fix an issue with some movies playing no sound
Theme Hospital
Add ability to run the game through CorsixTH

And of course, a big bunch of new games just in case you used up your full stock in the last weeks:

A New Beginning
Akalabeth: World of Doom
Alan Wake's American Nightmare
Beneath a Steel Sky
Darkest Dungeon: The Shieldbreaker
Dustforce DX
Gobliins 2: The Prince Buffoon
Hot Tin Roof: The Cat That Wore a Fedora
Monkey Island 3: The Curse of Monkey Island
Renowned Explorers: The Emperor’s Challenge
Shadow Tactics: Blades of the Shogun
Super Meat Boy
Yono and the Celestial Elephants

Let’s game!
vv221: A couple scripts got updates:

Oddworld: Abe's Oddysee
Republique
The Dark Eye: Memoria
The Night of the Rabbit
I just want to double-check this to be clear. I have not downloaded any updated installer nor bought any game listed with an updated installer on GOG since we found they are breaking adamhm's WINE wrappers and ./play.it. Are you indicating that this list of games have the newly updated GOG installers and that they now will work with ./play.it? (Very hopeful here.)
bjgamer: (…)
Of course, the updates listed there are compatible with ./play.it ;)
Right now, the only game with an installer incompatible with ./play.it is Arcanum. We still support the previous installer.

In case of doubt, ask here like you just did, and I’ll check the compatibility of the latest installer for your game with ./play.it / Adamhm’s wrappers.

-----

Just to be clear: the games listed here do not use the new GOG installer format.
Post edited April 04, 2018 by vv221
vv221: Right now, the only game with an installer incompatible with ./play.it is Arcanum. We still support the previous installer.

In case of doubt, ask here like you just did, and I’ll check the compatibility of the latest installer for your game with ./play.it / Adamhm’s wrappers.

-----

Just to be clear: the games listed here do not use the new GOG installer format.
Thank you for the swift answer. I mistook "New supported GOG installer" to mean you had gotten some of the new GOG installer-only updated installers (new format) to work with ./play.it. I have a couple of the games listed which are flagged as updated and did not want to download the new installers if they would not work. Thank you for confirming they do not have the new installer format and do indeed work with ./play.it. Thank you also for this thread and keeping us updated. :)
bjgamer: (…)
There is some ongoing work by a couple smart tinkerers here on GOG forums, and a fork of Innoextract already exists that can extract the new installers.
But we’re still hoping GOG will do the smart move of going back to the previous format, much easier to work with.

If in the coming weeks this new format seems to become the new standard, I’ll start thinking of new ways to deal with this. It might be by providing to ./play.it users the Innoextract fork allowing the extraction of the new installers, or by stopping to support GOG-provided Windows games, or anything in between ;)
The latest version of Myst installer is no longer compatible with ./play.it, check the dedicated thread for details.
Post edited April 06, 2018 by vv221
The latest version of System Shock 2 installer is no longer compatible with ./play.it, check the dedicated thread for details.
No news last week, as some of us were meeting the Khaganat team, a bunch of dreamers using video games as a way to build universes…
But we’re back now and still working hard so you can anjoy playing more and more games on your favourite operating system ;)

On the library side, once again we have only bug fixes:

* Fix sort_icons behaviour when icon extraction produced a single file

* meta-script: Fix broken support for ./play.it 1 scripts
If some of you start to think the relatively slow pace of the library evolutions during the last weeks is hiding something big, you might not be totally wrong ;)

As ususal we have some interesting updates to existing scripts:
Faster Than Light
Work-around a game bug breaking the animations on some systems since game version 1.6.x
Kingdom Rush
Fix icon handling
Race The Sun
Fix library autoloading
The Westport Independent
Add an optional downloadable icons pack

And of course a small bucnh of new games for those who already played all ./play.it supported gamesL
The Bridge
Escape Goat
Escape Goat 2
Halcyon 6
Keep Talking and Nobody Explodes
Mini Metro
Rakuen
Trine 2
Tropico 2: Pirate Cove

Let’s game!
vv221: No news last week, as some of us were meeting the Khaganat team, a bunch of dreamers using video games as a way to build universes…
But we’re back now and still working hard so you can anjoy playing more and more games on your favourite operating system ;)

On the library side, once again we have only bug fixes:

* Fix sort_icons behaviour when icon extraction produced a single file

* meta-script: Fix broken support for ./play.it 1 scripts
vv221: If some of you start to think the relatively slow pace of the library evolutions during the last weeks is hiding something big, you might not be totally wrong ;)

As ususal we have some interesting updates to existing scripts:
Faster Than Light
Work-around a game bug breaking the animations on some systems since game version 1.6.x
Kingdom Rush
Fix icon handling
Race The Sun
Fix library autoloading
The Westport Independent
Add an optional downloadable icons pack

And of course a small bucnh of new games for those who already played all ./play.it supported gamesL
The Bridge
Escape Goat
Escape Goat 2
Halcyon 6
Keep Talking and Nobody Explodes
Mini Metro
Rakuen
Trine 2
Tropico 2: Pirate Cove

Let’s game!
You have any plans on adding Carmageddon Max Pack to the list? I've had trouble running it under Wine on Linux Mint 18.3. It has vertical black lines and even worse, it asks for a CD. However, it's possible that you have yet to get your hands on it for testing.
vidsgame: You have any plans on adding Carmageddon Max Pack to the list? I've had trouble running it under Wine on Linux Mint 18.3. It has vertical black lines and even worse, it asks for a CD. However, it's possible that you have yet to get your hands on it for testing.
Carmageddon from GOG is the DOS version, thus one need to to use DOSBox.
vidsgame: You have any plans on adding Carmageddon Max Pack to the list? I've had trouble running it under Wine on Linux Mint 18.3. It has vertical black lines and even worse, it asks for a CD. However, it's possible that you have yet to get your hands on it for testing.
te_lanus: Carmageddon from GOG is the DOS version, thus one need to to use DOSBox.
I've tried that. Like I said, the issues are the same using DOSBox. Game asks for a CD and still displays vertical black lines.

Insert CD:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1pYDSCnl-B5TVv_gmBAMuvAMzXa6ANWrj

Vertical Lines:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=12M0k1cANaQr0_m5ZQ7HKI0RjbuYhHdnK
vidsgame: I've tried that. Like I said, the issues are the same using DOSBox. Game asks for a CD and still displays vertical black lines.

Insert CD:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1pYDSCnl-B5TVv_gmBAMuvAMzXa6ANWrj

Vertical Lines:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=12M0k1cANaQr0_m5ZQ7HKI0RjbuYhHdnK
Here is my Config file that I use: https://mega.nz/#!q9cDmJbQ!EEOGncZ7WLZVgCqRoegWDCncwVmvDug6T55xsbknWVM
vidsgame: You have any plans on adding Carmageddon Max Pack to the list?
I do not own this game, but I opened a feature request on the projet issues tracker, so if a ./play.it contributor does own it they will know someone is waiting for this game to join our list of supported games.
Post edited April 18, 2018 by vv221