It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

mcbake: I'm not sure, but it looks like the downloaded file is correct, so something else must be happening. I saw some
other instructions you posted, and although they didn't seem to apply, i tried them anyway, which was using the
checksum=none option. The result of that test was the same error, it just didn't check the integrity.

I know you are busy and the ./playit packages are awesome, but was wondering if you might have any ideas. No
biggie since I'm not playing the game, just configuring and updating things. Thank you for providing ./playit , it is
greatly appreciated.

Sincerely,
mcbake
The innoextract version you're using is outdated & can't handle the newer installer.
mcbake: (…)
adamhm: The innoextract version you're using is outdated & can't handle the newer installer.
Exact ;)
A newer version can be installed on Ubuntu and derivatives with [url=https://launchpad.net/~arx/+archive/ubuntu/release]this PPA[/url].

EDIT: Sorry, broken link, can’t do anything about it unless GOG decides to hire me.
Post edited November 06, 2017 by vv221
vv221: A newer version can be installed on Ubuntu and derivatives with this PPA.
(it doesn't like the tilde / ~ in the URL)

more info
Post edited November 06, 2017 by adamhm
./play.it version 2.3.0 is out, with a couple notable improvements:

* Improve handling of MojoSetup extraction with unzip ending with an error
   code

* Improve handling of user directories

* Add new packages to the list of generic dependencies

* Add a patch allowing to change the default package compression method

* Remove the need to manually clean-up package scripts

* Preserve symbolic links when copying files

A handful of scripts have seen a significant update since last announcement (nearly 90 scripts actually got an update, but I spare you the full list):
A Good Snowman is Hard to Build
Add optional icons pack
Chaos Reborn
Run tha game in a window on first launch, to avoid issues related to fullscreen mode on some configurations
Darkest Dungeon
New GOG installers supported
Deus Ex
New GOG installer supported
Fix a crash related to a missing directory
Invisible Inc.
Renowned Explorers: International Society
Store saved games and settings outside of ./play.it prefix
The Settlers II
New GOG installer supported for German version
Undertale
War for the Overworld
Fix a bug with support of the Humble installer

And of course we have some new supported games with this release:
Brutal Legend
Ghost Master *
I Have No Mouth And I Must Scream *
Jade Empire
Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic II *
Teenagent *
Torchlight II *
* game previously supported by ./play.it 1, that got a new ./play.it 2 script

Let’s game!
I have installed SMAC with your script (https://wiki.dotslashplay.it/en/games/alpha-centauri) and the extraction/installing process went fine. But when I start the script, I get a doubled/mirrored tearing screen at the starting credits (loki and firaxis), the movie stars and then a white screen appears, onl leaving me the option to crtl+alt+backspace to restart the DE. Sadly I can't post screenshots because when I take one ironically everything looks ok and my cellphone cam is terrible. Could you help me? Thanks.
tokisto: (…)
You might be able to switch between fullscreen and windowed mode with Alt+Enter.
Does it help going past your display bug?
vv221: You might be able to switch between fullscreen and windowed mode with Alt+Enter.
Does it help going past your display bug?
Yep, thanks! I feel stupid now...
About the sound, I am getting none. Is there something that can be done? (I just hope is not a simple thing)
Post edited December 09, 2017 by tokisto
tokisto: Yep, thanks! I feel stupid now...
You don’t have to, it took years before I noticed I can do this ;)

tokisto: About the sound, I am getting none. Is there something that can be done? (I just hope is not a simple thing)
Give a try to this script, it might help with your sound issue:
https://github.com/Amadren/play.it/blob/master/Games/Sid-Meier-s-Alpha-Centauri/sound_fix.sh
tokisto: Yep, thanks! I feel stupid now...
vv221: You don’t have to, it took years before I noticed I can do this ;)

tokisto: About the sound, I am getting none. Is there something that can be done? (I just hope is not a simple thing)
vv221: Give a try to this script, it might help with your sound issue:
https://github.com/Amadren/play.it/blob/master/Games/Sid-Meier-s-Alpha-Centauri/sound_fix.sh
Thanks for the link. I have tried installing some alsa libraries, but no success so far.

When I try to install the suggested module I get the following message: modprobe: FATAL: Module snd_pcm_oss not found in directory /lib/modules/4.10.0-38-generic
Post edited December 15, 2017 by tokisto
tokisto: modprobe: FATAL: Module snd_pcm_oss not found in directory /lib/modules/4.10.0-38-generic
What distribution are you trying to run the game on?
tokisto: modprobe: FATAL: Module snd_pcm_oss not found in directory /lib/modules/4.10.0-38-generic
vv221: What distribution are you trying to run the game on?
Mint 18.3
vv221: What distribution are you trying to run the game on?
tokisto: Mint 18.3
It looks like this version uses Ubuntu Zesty linux package, but I can’t find the required module in this one. It was included in the previous kernel (4.4.0 for Ubuntu Xenial), so I guess it has been dropped since then.
Sadly I do not know Mint well enough to tell you how to include this module, maybe you need to rebuild the provided kernel from its source.
tokisto: Mint 18.3
vv221: It looks like this version uses Ubuntu Zesty linux package, but I can’t find the required module in this one. It was included in the previous kernel (4.4.0 for Ubuntu Xenial), so I guess it has been dropped since then.
Sadly I do not know Mint well enough to tell you how to include this module, maybe you need to rebuild the provided kernel from its source.
Thanks for looking deeper and for your efforts in building gaming packages. I thought that installing alsa libraries would do the trick, but I think ou are right about the kernel.
You might want to post about your sound issue there, it might help your question to get a better visibility.

This thread may be a good place too.
Post edited December 16, 2017 by vv221
Work never stops on ./play.it side, not even during new year festivities… That’s why you can enjoy the fresh new 2.4.1 version right now:

* Fix messed up icon path when using get_icon_from_temp_dir

* Add option to load regedit files on WINE prefix initialization

* New function get_icon_from_temp_dir, to get an icon in .png format directly
from the source archive

* Fix launchers broken in 2.3.1

* Use full path to game binary in launchers, to avoid issues when using
non-default install path

* Do not store temporary files outside of prefix

* Drop post-run user directories clean-up, redundant with another function

Quite a lot of individual scripts update, but as usual I handpicked only the ones that might interest a ./play.it user:
Chaos Reborn
Owlboy
New Humble installer supported
Pillars of Eternity
New GOG installers supported for main game and expansion
Add support for Deadfire DLC
War for the Overworld
Add support for Underlord Edition DLC
Fix playing of tutorial video for My Pet Dungeon

As you can see, we have a bunch of great games newly supported, so you won’t suffer from lack of games in early 2018:
Airline Tycoon Deluxe
Anno 1503
Atlantis: The Lost Tales
Dungeon Keeper II *
Epistory - Typing Chronicles
Gomo
Hand Of Fate
Kingdom New Lands
King’s Bounty: The Legend
Pandora: First Contact
Pid
Political Animals
Pony Island
Renowned Explorers: More To Explore
Risk of Rain *
Robin Hood: The Legend of Sherwood
Shadowrun Returns *
Shelter
Steamworld Heist
Terraria *
The Last Tinker: City of Colors
The Silver Case - Demo
Thief 3: Deadly Shadows
Worms Armageddon
* game previously supported by ./play.it 1, that got a new ./play.it 2 script

Have a happy new year, and as always: let’s game!
Post edited January 03, 2018 by vv221