It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Git version now requires libtinyxml2 instead of libtinyxml
c83f629 Ported code to use tinyxml2 instead of tinyxml

The patch to add parallel downloads won't apply after the changes. I'll update and probably merge the patch to git later today or tomorrow.

Loenas: Please add support for another language: Bulgarian.
Needed for one of the Sherlock Holmes games.
Thank you!
4c02de5 Add language: Bulgarian

Yet another language code that doesn't use ISO 639-1 ("bl" instead of "bg")
We have language code standards (ISO 639-1, ISO 639‑2/T and ISO 639‑2/B) but everyone needs to invent their own system.
Git version now has support for parallel downloads
https://github.com/Sude-/lgogdownloader/commit/442fad0

Additional dependencies
- binutils (readelf) and grep are required for building (they are used to detect if libcurl is built with openssl/libcrypto)
- libcrypto is required if libcurl is built with OpenSSL
Sude: Git version now has support for parallel downloads
this runs into a cmake bug for cmake < 3.4:

find_package(Threads ...) does not work when only CXX is enabled

can be easily worked around by enabling C
project(... LANGUAGES CXX ..) => project(... LANGUAGES C CXX ...)

or require cmake>= 3.4
though not sure how easily available that is. My distro still gives me 3.3.1 as stable version.
immi101: this runs into a cmake bug for cmake < 3.4:

find_package(Threads ...) does not work when only CXX is enabled

can be easily worked around by enabling C
project(... LANGUAGES CXX ..) => project(... LANGUAGES C CXX ...)

or require cmake>= 3.4
though not sure how easily available that is. My distro still gives me 3.3.1 as stable version.
21699ad CMake: Work around FindThreads bug for CMake < 3.4.0
ff22647 Add support for DLC language packs
and apparently I forgot to make a different commit for the progress text fix so it also fixes a problem with progress text

60fb4db Add DLC language packs to orphan check
Just a little heads up for people wondering how to get rid of old installers of updated games here's my workflow:

lgogdownloader --ignore-dlc-count --game=all --check-orphans > orphans.txt #write orphaned filesnames into text file
vi orphans.txt #check out text file (to make sure it's plausible and avert things going horribly wrong)
xargs rm < orphans.txt #delete all files listed

freed myself 1.3 TB by doing it (never done it before) :) so it's usefull thing to do once in a while ;)
Hello GOG people, I need serious help please, anyone can point out to a video or a walkthrough for LGOGDOWNLOADER, everything I've found so far always gets me to this point:

*** Error in `lgogdownloader': double free or corruption (fasttop): 0x0000000001f53100 ***

I've tried different times and trying to see if there was a mistake in the steps I was following, please help, I really want to play the witcher 2 and grim fandango. XD
AAAlfonz: Hello GOG people, I need serious help please, anyone can point out to a video or a walkthrough for LGOGDOWNLOADER, everything I've found so far always gets me to this point:

*** Error in `lgogdownloader': double free or corruption (fasttop): 0x0000000001f53100 ***

I've tried different times and trying to see if there was a mistake in the steps I was following, please help, I really want to play the witcher 2 and grim fandango. XD
if it's only for these two games, it's probably easier to just click on account/library the game icon and then download the games via the browser.

if you for some reason need lgogdownloader, we probably need more information to help you.
Like what linux distribution do you use, in what version and which version of lgogdownloader did you try to compile, and how?
AAAlfonz: Hello GOG people, I need serious help please, anyone can point out to a video or a walkthrough for LGOGDOWNLOADER, everything I've found so far always gets me to this point:

mchack: if it's only for these two games, it's probably easier to just click on account/library the game icon and then download the games via the browser.

if you for some reason need lgogdownloader, we probably need more information to help you.
Like what linux distribution do you use, in what version and which version of lgogdownloader did you try to compile, and how?
Hi thanks for your reply, well I've tried to download through the browser, but keep getting stuck at some point, things go sour and the download fails, it is asking for some hours for grim fandango and for 27 hrs for the witcher, could do it if I had some way to pause it and restart the download, I will try with chrome, but so far I've used firefox on Ubuntu Studio 14.04.3; I dl from webupd8 lgogdownloader 2.26-1. I followed the steps using the terminal to install as:
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:nilarimogard/webupd8
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install lgogdownloader

it gives me the configuration options, but then it doesn't give me the lists :/. If I sound as too much of a newwbie, it's cuz I am. I've come to the point where only the community can save me. What say you?
AAAlfonz: [snip]...
Ubuntu Studio 14.04.3; I dl from webupd8 lgogdownloader 2.26-1. I followed the steps using the terminal to install as:
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:nilarimogard/webupd8
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install lgogdownloader

it gives me the configuration options, but then it doesn't give me the lists :/. If I sound as too much of a newwbie, it's cuz I am. I've come to the point where only the community can save me. What say you?
ok, when you type in

lgogdownloader --login

in the terminal it should first ask you for your credentials for gog.com (email and password for gog.com) so it can download your games.

To list your games (so you know what they are called when you want to download a specific one) you type:

lgogdownloader --list

To download Grim fandango (linux version) you should type in:

lgogdownloader --download --game grim_fandango_remastered --platform linux

it should create a directory called grim_fanango_remastered in the directory you are currently in and download the linux installer (and the extras) into it.
Hope that helps :)
Since yesterday, I can't use lgogdownloader, it always asks for my email/pass and then says "API: Login failed".
Account refresh times out with the world picture and 'we are overloaded, please try again later'

I guess this is a GOG problem, but just to confirm, does anyone else see this?
Loenas: Since yesterday, I can't use lgogdownloader, it always asks for my email/pass and then says "API: Login failed".
Account refresh times out with the world picture and 'we are overloaded, please try again later'

probably related to this:
https://www.gog.com/forum/general/the_what_did_just_break_thread_20/post119

it's working fine for me now
Loenas: Since yesterday, I can't use lgogdownloader, it always asks for my email/pass and then says "API: Login failed".

immi101: probably related to this:

Hm, still doesn't work for me.
lgogdownloader still asks for login.
And account refresh still says overwhelmed.
immi101: probably related to this:

Loenas: Hm, still doesn't work for me.
As another data point, it was working fine for me a few hours ago when I noticed the addition of Undertale for Linux to my account.
Post edited July 19, 2016 by ssokolow
Loenas: Hm, still doesn't work for me.
ssokolow: As another data point, it was working fine for me a few hours ago when I noticed the addition of Undertale for Linux to my account.
I tried again today, and it still doesn't work for me.
I thought it might possibly be two-factor-auth-related, so I turned that off, but that didn't fix it either.

Is there a way to get more debugging information out of lgogdownloader about this step?
Post edited July 19, 2016 by Loenas