It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Sude: Does this fix the issue?
8780b9c Possible fix for crash after login
Yes it does, thank you!
Post edited November 19, 2015 by itchanddino
itchanddino: I'm getting the following error after logging in (I'm using the latest git version):

API: Login successful
*** Error in `lgogdownloader': double free or corruption (fasttop): 0x00000000009ed230 ***
Aborted
Sude: Does this fix the issue?
8780b9c Possible fix for crash after login
itchanddino: Yes it does, thank you!
I am also getting this error but I don't know how to apply the fix...
I recently bought some DLC for two games (Hand of Fate and The Escapists), but couldn't find either to download with lgogdownloader. Had to go to my shelf, click on the game, and it appeared under the game in a DLC content section and was able to manually download it. Doesn't seem to show up in --list-details, at least not right now.

Just wanted to make you aware of this and request support for downloading these files if possible?

Thanks!
I somehow forgot to report back on this probably because of my vacations.

eiii: Since a few days I have to re-login every time I use lgogdownloader (error messge: "Line 1, Column 1 Syntax error: value, object or array expected.").
hedwards: Have you updated to the current release? I was having that problem with 2.2, but the current release seems to have made that go away.
Yes, I already had used the latest git version at that time.

Sude:
vv221: Since the 2.24 upgrade I no longer need to login each time I want to use lgogdownloader, well done ;)
This version fixed the login issues for me too. I never had to re-login since the upgrade. :)

Thanks again for the great work, Sude!
Post edited December 18, 2015 by eiii
Sude: (...)
scottjl: I recently bought some DLC for two games (Hand of Fate and The Escapists), but couldn't find either to download with lgogdownloader. Had to go to my shelf, click on the game, and it appeared under the game in a DLC content section and was able to manually download it. Doesn't seem to show up in --list-details, at least not right now.
I get the same problem here with some extra content for a couple games.
An example would be Wasteland 2 DC, here is what I get with lgogdownloader:
gamename: wasteland_2_directors_cut
title: Wasteland 2 Director's Cut
icon: http://static.gog.com/upload/images/2015/10/30eb4c50cf25e304e1f792bdfb5c9f07a49ac477.jpg
installers:
id: en3installer1
name: Linux Installer, English
path: /wasteland_2_directors_cut/linux/gog_wasteland_2_director_s_cut_2.2.0.4.sh
size: 9960
updated: True
language: English

extras:
id: 61243
name: Director's Cut manual
path: /wasteland_2_directors_cut/extras/wasteland_2_directors_cut_manual.zip
size:

patches:
id: en3patch1
name: Patch 1 (gog-3)
path: /wasteland_2_directors_cut/linux/patch/patch_wasteland_2_director_s_cut_2.0.1.3.sh
size: 122
updated: False

id: en3patch2
name: Hotfix 1
path: /wasteland_2_directors_cut/linux/patch/patch_wasteland_2_director_s_cut_2.1.2.4.sh
size: 47
updated: False
If you check the picture attached, you’ll see I have a set of bonus content missing.
I can still download the extra content via lgogdownloader by using the URL found via my web browser and the option --download-file

A notable difference between the content listed by lgogodownloader and the one that isn’t is their respective URL.
Listed files are all found under www.gog.com/downlink/wasteland_2_directors_cut/some_id or www.gog.com/downlink/file/wasteland_2_directors_cut/some_id while the other ones are found under www.gog.com/downlink/file/wasteland_2_digital_classic_edition_upgrade/some_id
Attachments:
gog-wl2dc.jpg (112 Kb)
As GOG downloads are very slow at the moment is it safe to run multiple instances of lgogdownloader in parallel (e.g. one downloader per game) or do they interfere with each other and it will lead to problems?
eiii: As GOG downloads are very slow at the moment is it safe to run multiple instances of lgogdownloader in parallel (e.g. one downloader per game) or do they interfere with each other and it will lead to problems?
I've done this lot's and never run into a problem. It should be fine.
eiii: As GOG downloads are very slow at the moment is it safe to run multiple instances of lgogdownloader in parallel (e.g. one downloader per game) or do they interfere with each other and it will lead to problems?
hummer010: I've done this lot's and never run into a problem. It should be fine.
The download speed from GOG is back to normal, but it's still good to know for the next time. And knowing this I also can download new games while my update and verify script over all games is running. Thanks!
vv221: I get the same problem here with some extra content for a couple games.
An example would be Wasteland 2 DC, here is what I get with lgogdownloader:

vv221: If you check the picture attached, you’ll see I have a set of bonus content missing.
I can still download the extra content via lgogdownloader by using the URL found via my web browser and the option --download-file

A notable difference between the content listed by lgogodownloader and the one that isn’t is their respective URL.
Listed files are all found under www.gog.com/downlink/wasteland_2_directors_cut/some_id or www.gog.com/downlink/file/wasteland_2_directors_cut/some_id while the other ones are found under www.gog.com/downlink/file/wasteland_2_digital_classic_edition_upgrade/some_id
I'm guessing that GOG doesn't report the DLC count properly for it. Try --ignore-dlc-count to see if it helps.
If that helps you could add ~/.config/lgogdownloader/gamespecific/wasteland_2_directors_cut.conf with

{
"ignore-dlc-count": true
}
to make Wasteland 2 DC ignore dlc count information

Since a5cc950 git version now uses CMake

For release build you can do
mkdir build
cd build
cmake ..
make

For debug build you can use
cmake .. -DCMAKE_BUILD_TYPE=Debug

Also here's an experimental patch to make lgogdownloader use libaria2 for downloading files instead of libcurl.
https://sites.google.com/site/gogdownloader/use_aria2.diff

wget https://sites.google.com/site/gogdownloader/use_aria2.diff
patch -p1 < use_aria2.diff
mkdir build
cd build
cmake .. -DWITH_ARIA2=1
make

*WARNING* this is the first working version and it is not thoroughly tested. There's a high chance that it crashes, doesn't work at all for you or does something unexpected.

By default it tries to use 10 connections to download the file.
You can change the behavior by changing the values for "max-connection-per-server", "min-split-size" and "split" options in src/downloader.cpp

I'm not sure if I will spend any more time on aria2 support. It would be more useful with a complete rewrite of the download logic but I'm not sure if I have enough time to work on it.
Post edited January 17, 2016 by Sude
vv221: (…)
Wasteland 2 DLC not correctly detected
Sude: I'm guessing that GOG doesn't report the DLC count properly for it. Try --ignore-dlc-count to see if it helps.
That did the trick, thank you!

scottjl: (…)
scottjl, you might want to try the same option for your apparently missing DLC for Hand of Fate & The Escapists.
Post edited January 17, 2016 by vv221
hi sude

this is a feature request:
i notice that my wallace and gromit adventures episodes are downloaded as separate games, if the gamespecific config could specify the download sub directory i could keep them and any other games that download like that in a single directory

this is a question:
is there a way to get "--create-xml automatic" in the config?

great programme thanks very much :)

diziet
diziet_sma: hi sude

this is a feature request:
i notice that my wallace and gromit adventures episodes are downloaded as separate games, if the gamespecific config could specify the download sub directory i could keep them and any other games that download like that in a single directory
Good idea. I'll try to work on this when I have some free time.
Does anyone know if this happens with all episodic games on GOG?

diziet_sma: this is a question:
is there a way to get "--create-xml automatic" in the config?
There is now :)
fc88679 Add option to set automatic XML creation in config file
Just run "lgogdownloader --automatic-xml-creation --save-config" to enable it in your config file
Sude: Good idea. I'll try to work on this when I have some free time.
Does anyone know if this happens with all episodic games on GOG?
hmm, my sam and max and back to the future games are all combined into one executable for each series

Sude: There is now :)
fc88679 Add option to set automatic XML creation in config file
Just run "lgogdownloader --automatic-xml-creation --save-config" to enable it in your config file
awesome, thankyou!

diziet
oh dear

trying to compile the latest version i'm running into the following problems
1. mageia5 doesn't have a new enough version of cmake, so i edited CMakeLists.txt to reflect the version i have.
2. the FindJsoncpp.cmake seems to be failing but i can't work out why. i definitely have /usr/include/jsoncpp/json/features.h and though i know nothing about cmake when i compare the structure of FindJsoncpp.cmake tp FindHtmlcxx.cmake everything looks ok since i don't get any errors about htmlcxx

is it possible that a newer version of cmake is needed even though only one of the required packages is not found (even though it is there)?
for info the last version 2.26 i compiled using the old make system went fine.

diziet
diziet_sma: oh dear

trying to compile the latest version i'm running into the following problems
1. mageia5 doesn't have a new enough version of cmake, so i edited CMakeLists.txt to reflect the version i have.
2. the FindJsoncpp.cmake seems to be failing but i can't work out why. i definitely have /usr/include/jsoncpp/json/features.h and though i know nothing about cmake when i compare the structure of FindJsoncpp.cmake tp FindHtmlcxx.cmake everything looks ok since i don't get any errors about htmlcxx

is it possible that a newer version of cmake is needed even though only one of the required packages is not found (even though it is there)?
for info the last version 2.26 i compiled using the old make system went fine.

diziet
It looks like the Mageia package for jsoncpp doesn't include pkg-config module.
http://sophie.zarb.org/rpms/bd101116f928b2ceb5c9a929b33f1ee3/files
And "pkg_check_modules" in FindJsoncpp.cmake is set to require it.

Try changing
pkg_check_modules(PC_JSONCPP REQUIRED jsoncpp)
in cmake/FindJsoncpp.cmake to
pkg_check_modules(PC_JSONCPP jsoncpp)
Does this fix the issue?