It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Sude: b4fd9fc Use regular expressions for getting language and platform option values

Selecting languages with --language and --language-priority
- Whatever code GOG happens to use in their API (mostly ISO 639-1)
- ISO 639-1
- ISO 639-2/T
- ISO 639-2/B
- English name

Selecting platforms with --platform and --platform-priority
- Windows: "w, win, windows"
- Linux: "l, lin, linux"
- Mac: "m, mac, osx"
shmerl: Great. Thanks!
Could you please tell me the difference between

lgogdownloader --platform linux --language french --directory /path/to/my/downloads--download

and

lgogdownloader --platform-priority linux,windows --language-priority french,english --directory /path/to/my/downloads--download

Actually, I'd like to ONLY download windows and English versions if no french/linux versions are found. How can I achieve it ? Tried several combination and couldn't achieve what I want. Any idea ?
Post edited September 17, 2015 by murasame
Hi all .. On my Linux box at the moment and I didn't know about this LGOGDownloader thread until now. I've also "just" discovered LGOG.

I have Ubuntu 14.04.3 64bit (Trusty Tahr) on this machine. I'm thinking about trying LGOG to see how it works.

There is some directions here on how to install and use it on Ubuntu.
(http://www.webupd8.org/2014/08/lgogdownloader-command-line-gogcom-game.html)

I'm going to get the .deb file and use that to install. I downloaded ..

lgogdownloader_2.25-1~webupd8~trusty0_amd64.deb
(14-Sep-2015 10:16 161K)

Sometimes I mess things up using a ppa, so that is why I'm going with the .deb file.

Anyway, I'll be back later with a report on how it went. :)

Edit:

The installation went well and I edited the lgogdownloader config file, logged in and downloaded a game and the extras. Worked good .. No Complaints. :)
Post edited September 19, 2015 by NoAGood
--language-priority and --platform-priority options are now removed in git
This also changes the syntax for --language and --platform options

211aa3a Combine priority handling with --platform and --language options
Use "+" as separator to combine values and "," to set priority

Separating values with "," when using language and platform switches enables a priority-based mode: only the first matching one will be downloaded.

For example, setting language to fr+en means both French and English will be downloaded (if available) for all games. Setting language to fr,en means that the French version (and only that one) will be downloaded if available, and if not, the English version will be downloaded.

You're allowed to "stack" codes in the priority string if needed. If you set language to es+fr,en it means it'll download both Spanish (es) and French (fr) versions if they are available, and the English (en) one only if none of French and Spanish are available.
Post edited October 03, 2015 by Sude
I think you need to add support for another language -- to_the_moon just grew a slovak exe that's not automatically downloaded with lgogdownloader language=all. Thanks.
Loenas: I think you need to add support for another language -- to_the_moon just grew a slovak exe that's not automatically downloaded with lgogdownloader language=all. Thanks.
82aa604 Add language: Slovak
--cover, --no-cover, --no-installers, --no-extras, --no-patches, --no-language-packs and --no-dlc options are removed in git version
--include and --exclude options are used to select what to download/list/repair

3465384 Use include/exclude options to select what to download/list/repair
The default is "--include all --exclude covers"
Sude: --include and --exclude options are used to select what to download/list/repair
A great feature I was waiting for eagerly ;)
Thank you again for your work!
LGOGDownloader 2.26
- Check that stdin is a tty before reading (patch by: Stephen Kitt)
- Added version string and number to cached game details
- Fixed priority handling for DLCs
- Combined priority handling with --platform and --language options
* Use "+" as separator to combine values and "," to set priority
* Syntax for --platform and --language options was changed: see --help or man page for details
- Added support for new language: Slovak
- Use include/exclude options to choose what files to download
* --cover, --no-cover, --no-installers, --no-extras, --no-patches, --no-language-packs and --no-dlc options have been removed
* Default: --include "all" --exclude "covers"
* See --help for available options

https://sites.google.com/site/gogdownloader/lgogdownloader-2.26.tar.gz

sha256: bedcab047a49c0bbe8dbd0dfbfa8bf1b718a0578df5aed4eee96e85f0f616a09
md5: c55507e0f329113d1a221842f56720b5
Hello all,

I've updated the Debian-Wheezy-Repository and also built a new repository for Debian 8 (Jessie).

More information can be found here:

http://playingtux.com/content/debian-repository-linux-gog-downloader?lang=en
Hey, why would have been the "no extra" option remove? So the programm is no more interesting. Can you explain it? I do not download all extras, when I only need the game.

Edit:
Sorry. Now I have understand. There is the new include and exclude option to define it better. Sorry. Everything is fine and I was wrong. THX for your nice program.

Edit2:
But I have a problem, perhap you could help me? I want to download Sacred 2 Gold, so I use this code:

lgogdownloader --download sacred_2_gold --language german --platform windows --include i

But he wants to download 1954_alcatraz. Can you explain it?

Edit3:

Now I have tried this

lgogdownloader --download sacred_3_gold --language german --platform windows --include i

And the downloader download alcatraz again. I think the downloader does not check, if there is no game and start with the first one in the libary.

Edit 4:
Sorry...today is not my day. The code I have use is wrong- I forget the --game option :facepalm: sorry. Please forget the whole post from me. Here is the correct code:

lgogdownloader --download --game sacred_2_gold --language german --platform windows --include i
Post edited October 24, 2015 by Patsche85
Sude: --language-priority and --platform-priority options are now removed in git
This also changes the syntax for --language and --platform options

211aa3a Combine priority handling with --platform and --language options
Use "+" as separator to combine values and "," to set priority

Separating values with "," when using language and platform switches enables a priority-based mode: only the first matching one will be downloaded.

For example, setting language to fr+en means both French and English will be downloaded (if available) for all games. Setting language to fr,en means that the French version (and only that one) will be downloaded if available, and if not, the English version will be downloaded.

You're allowed to "stack" codes in the priority string if needed. If you set language to es+fr,en it means it'll download both Spanish (es) and French (fr) versions if they are available, and the English (en) one only if none of French and Spanish are available.
Many thanks ! but actually doesn't work for me.

lgogdownloader --platform linux,windows --language fr,en --download

keeps downloading windows versions although I already have the linux binaries on my computer.
Post edited October 30, 2015 by murasame
I'm trying to dowload KHOLAT which I recently bought.

I tried lgogdownloader --platform windows --language fr --download-file gogdownloader://kholat

and

lgogdownloader --platform windows --language fr --download-file kholat

All I get for both command line is :

Invalid file id kholat: could not find separator "/"

Any idea ?
murasame: I'm trying to dowload KHOLAT which I recently bought.

I tried lgogdownloader --platform windows --language fr --download-file gogdownloader://kholat

and

lgogdownloader --platform windows --language fr --download-file kholat

All I get for both command line is :

Invalid file id kholat: could not find separator "/"

Any idea ?
I don't have KHOLAT, but I can already tell that you're almost certainly using --download-file incorrectly.

If you look under More > GOG Downloader Links, you'll probably find that you need to use something like `--download-file gogdownloader://kholat/installer_win_fr`

As for your second attempt, it'd more correctly look like this:

lgogdownloader --platform windows --language fr --download --game ^kholat$

(--download-file takes GOGDownloader URIs while --download --game takes regular expressions)

Without additional filter flags, the latter one will download the game plus all extras.
Post edited November 02, 2015 by ssokolow
ssokolow: I don't have KHOLAT, but I can already tell that you're almost certainly using --download-file incorrectly.

> Obviously, I'm doing something wrong. Strangely, as wrong as it may be, I've always downloaded my games using the above syntax and it worked fine until very recently.

If you look under More > GOG Downloader Links, you'll probably find that you need to use something like `--download-file gogdownloader://kholat/installer_win_fr`

> This does not work at all. It gives me a 404 error. I also tried --download-file gogdownloader://kholat/installer_win_en and got the same error.

(--download-file takes GOGDownloader URIs while --download --game takes regular expressions)

> I wasn't aware of the difference as I've always used --download-file with regular expressions. I assume I've been lucky till now. The recent changes are probably far less forgiving then.

Without additional filter flags, the latter one will download the game plus all extras.
Many thanks for taking the time to answer me and for your explanations.

lgogdownloader --platform windows --language fr --download --game ^kholat$ actually works as well as lgogdownloader --platform windows --language fr --download --game kholat
Post edited November 02, 2015 by murasame
ssokolow: I don't have KHOLAT, but I can already tell that you're almost certainly using --download-file incorrectly.

> Obviously, I'm doing something wrong. Strangely, as wrong as it may be, I've always downloaded my games using the above syntax and it worked fine until very recently.

> This does not work at all. It gives me a 404 error. I also tried --download-file gogdownloader://kholat/installer_win_en and got the same error.

> I wasn't aware of the difference as I've always used --download-file with regular expressions. I assume I've been lucky till now. The recent changes are probably far less forgiving then.

murasame: Many thanks for taking the time to answer me and for your explanations.

lgogdownloader --platform windows --language fr --download --game ^kholat$ actually works as well as lgogdownloader --platform windows --language fr --download --game kholat
Yes, but it expects a regular expression, so if you use "kholat" without the ^ (beginning of string) and $ (end of string) metacharacters, you're doing a substring match.

(eg. If you own two or three games in the Age of Wonders series and ask for "age_of_wonders", don't be surprised when it downloads more than one game)