It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

By the way, it would be interesting to try building lgogdownloader with other C++ compilers, for example with clang. It also supports C++11 by now and is usually available in modern distros. I'll give it a try a bit later.
Post edited August 12, 2013 by shmerl
FYI: I just built lgogdownlader with clang 3.3. It builds fine without any patching.

Run make like this:

make CXX=clang++ LD=clang++

clang 3.3 is available in Gentoo, so you can use it instead of gcc 4.7 / 4.8.
Post edited August 13, 2013 by shmerl
That's good to know, but I don't use clang. GCC mostly for my C compiling. :)
Listing/downloading free games using "--game free" is now fixed in git

I also made a patch to get details about extras from account page.
https://sites.google.com/site/gogdownloader/get_extras.diff
This was kind of a PITA on Linux Mint Maya. I had to uninstall libcurl4-openssl-dev to install libcurl4-nss in order to get liboauth-dev to install. And after applying that second patch, I was able to get it to compile and run.

I think I'm going to give up. I can't get the client to authenticate the server and most of the options I'm trying for language and directory aren't being recognized.

I wish, Mr. Gog would get over the NIH and just allow us to use a proper FTP client.
Post edited September 10, 2013 by hedwards
hedwards: This was kind of a PITA on Linux Mint Maya. I had to uninstall libcurl4-openssl-dev to install libcurl4-nss in order to get liboauth-dev to install. And after applying that second patch, I was able to get it to compile and run.

I think I'm going to give up. I can't get the client to authenticate the server and most of the options I'm trying for language and directory aren't being recognized.

I wish, Mr. Gog would get over the NIH and just allow us to use a proper FTP client.
...or go one step further and do as the Humble Bundle guys do and offer torrents backed by HTTP web seeds. Private torrent trackers have already proven that it's not difficult to prevent unauthorized downloaders. (Generate the torrent file dynamically so each user's torrent client can announce itself using a token analogous to the cookie they currently use for HTTP downloads and set the "private" bit so torrent clients only find peers via the GOG tracker. Then, tell users that sharing their torrent file will be punished according to the same rules as sharing their login info.)

Not only would that give efficient chunk-level checksumming and resume/redownload for free while still giving them the ability to block attempts to share the download links with the world, it'd allow them to save bandwidth whenever more than one person is grabbing the same game at the same time and it'd provide a natural way to handle choosing whether or not to download extras on a piece-by-piece basis.

(Seriously. What modern torrent client doesn't have the option to let you pick files within a torrent before it starts downloading?)
hey sude,

i've come to realise that since a lot of games have had updates my downloads now include older versions that i don't need, i've been going through them manually to try and identify what files have been updated and can now be deleted but if lgogdownloader could help here that would be great, perhaps just check the current exes and assume the extras don't change maybe. lgogdownloader could perhaps give a list of files that aren't available for download in an output format that could then be fed to a delete script?

whatever you think about this thanks for the program i have used it a lot ;)

diziet
Thank you for this program.

Note:
Running 32-bit Linux Mint Debian Edition, UP7. (Edit - also applies to Debian Wheezy - stable, 64bit)

I had to change util.h, line 16 to read:

#include </usr/include/rhash/rhash.h>

For some reason the default entry was not finding the system's rhash.h file on its own.

I hope that helps. Thank you again for doing this.
Post edited October 12, 2013 by denyasis
You could change it to rhash/rhash.h
rhash changed include location in the recent version. Current Debian testing already uses /usr/include/rhash.h, so there won't be a need to change it in the next release of stable.
Post edited October 12, 2013 by shmerl
Git version is now updated
I merged a patch (with minor changes) to get details about extras from account page
Some API changes:
- Added preliminary support for "silent" flag in the API (I'm guessing this is used for silent updates)
- "#updated" flag is replaced by "notificated" flag

diziet_sma: hey sude,

i've come to realise that since a lot of games have had updates my downloads now include older versions that i don't need, i've been going through them manually to try and identify what files have been updated and can now be deleted but if lgogdownloader could help here that would be great, perhaps just check the current exes and assume the extras don't change maybe. lgogdownloader could perhaps give a list of files that aren't available for download in an output format that could then be fed to a delete script?

whatever you think about this thanks for the program i have used it a lot ;)

diziet
I'll try to implement something like this when I've got the update check working and tested again. There were some API changes that broke the update check and I haven't been able to test if --update-check works now.
Post edited October 13, 2013 by Sude
diziet_sma: ...
The git version now has new option "--check-orphans" that checks for orphaned files (files found on local filesystem that are not found on GOG servers) and prints their path
diziet_sma: ...
Sude: The git version now has new option "--check-orphans" that checks for orphaned files (files found on local filesystem that are not found on GOG servers) and prints their path
works a treat, output to a file, remove the lines about 'checking .....' and feed to a 'rm' script, thankyou very much sude,

diziet
LGOGDownloader 2.9
- Show download rate in MB/s when it exceeds 1 MB/s
- Allow automatic xml creation during --repair --download
- Fix downloading free games with "--game free"
- Get details about extras from account page if they are not returned via API
- Added --check-orphans option to check for orphaned files
- API changes:
* "#updated" flag is replaced by "notificated" flag
* Added preliminary support for "silent" flag

http://sites.google.com/site/gogdownloader/lgogdownloader-2.9.tar.gz

sha256: 0efaacc7fabcb4a934e7845037c3fcac9f345011ef48ebd2b3edc4d6a1553bfb
md5: d7e124fc73139a372ba29c1206d22b82
Awesome, it's already updated in the AUR.
silviucc: Awesome, it's already updated in the AUR.
Now if only they'd make me a TU so I can dump it in the real repository.