It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

*sighs* To think it's 1 a.m. on the 25th December here and already Christmas.
No trace of festive spirit in these new posts. :(

Anyhow, this is still my thread and partly my responsibility.
And I won't let it become a toxic thread if I can help it.

So here's the deal.

The option I'm hoping for, but is seems unlikely:
You are free to discuss issues related to autism if AND ONLY IF, you can keep it civil.

Unforutatelly, the more likely option:
If you only want to post and abuse the thread as a way to argue/fight with each other, then I've no choice, but to request this thread to be closed/locked ASAP. :(

Note: The "you" is generic and applies to all posters and not any specific individual.

P.S. Merry Christmas.
wpegg: Please stop. This thread worried me when it started that it would devolve into stereotyping and hate, but it pleased me to see that we managed to have a mostly positive conversation with few if any "trolling" posts.

I don't care who started it, please don't continue it here. Start a new thread if you're so concerned with saying something.
Thank you, my sentiments exactly.
Post edited December 25, 2018 by Wolfy777
Wolfy777: *sighs* To think it's 1 a.m. on the 25th December here and already Christmas.

So here's the deal.

You are free to discuss issues related to autism if AND ONLY IF, you can keep it civil.

If you only want to post and abuse the thread as a way to argue/fight with each other, then I've no choice, but to request this thread to be closed/locked ASAP. :(

Note: The "you" is generic and applies to all posters and not any specific individual.

P.S. Merry Christmas.
wpegg: Please stop. This thread worried me when it started that it would devolve into stereotyping and hate, but it pleased me to see that we managed to have a mostly positive conversation with few if any "trolling" posts.

I don't care who started it, please don't continue it here. Start a new thread if you're so concerned with saying something.
Wolfy777: Thank you, my sentiments exactly.
If i may recommend, there are places that are more academic than gog, but just as open as GOG (actually moreso). If you PM me, i'll help you into Athens, which can be toxic, but you'll still find more academic people than the usual you find on GOG. Also, there are places like freedomain, as well.

My understanding is that ADHD has been added and removed from the spectrum, or maybe i was mislead by articles that i was once able to find, but no longer am able to. As such, as someone diagnosed with ADHD, I have my own perspectives on the issue, but, frankly, GOG itself is just way too toxic for such discussion, largely due to a tendency for the appeal to authority fallacy.

EDIT: To clarify why this is a problem, science has, with paywalls, "curation," and article front-ends, become largely occultism, by a (admittedly loose to avoid the inherent contradiction with wikipedia) definition: knowledge that is secret and hidden, but expected to be assumed true without question. This shows us why "eggs are good for your health" as well as "eggs are bad for your health." As a result, the less than scientific method of anecdotes, which are terrible, is becoming similarly, if not more, reliable. The usual appeal to authority arguments on GOG easily distract from the proper conversation that would indeed include them.
Post edited December 25, 2018 by kohlrak
Wolfy777:
Could you let me into your chat? I'd like to talk with you.
Wolfy777: *sighs* To think it's 1 a.m. on the 25th December here and already Christmas.

So here's the deal.

P.S. Merry Christmas.

Wolfy777: Thank you, my sentiments exactly.
I stand by it as well. I do not wish to lock this thread so please keep it civil and follow the forums guidelines. If you are unable to engage in a discussion and have nothing to add to it, don't write.