It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

dtgreene: I wish that the concept of a deity had never arisen at any point in history; hence there would be no believers in any deities, at all.
Granted, but now everyone's more self-centered than ever before, to the point where there can be no communication with anyone else. Congratulations, you just broke humanity.

I wish people weren't self-centered at all, to the point where we skipped all the in-betweens and went straight to being a hive mind.
TheDudeLebowski: I wish people weren't self-centered at all, to the point where we skipped all the in-betweens and went straight to being a hive mind.
Granted, people no longer take care of themselves. As a result of the lack of self-care, people start to die due to not keeping in good physical health, and other people suffer from mental health bad enough for them to commit suicide. Congratulations, you just wiped out humanity!

I wish that the atomic bombs that had been dropped on those two Japanese cities in 1945 had rebuilt the cities instead of destroying them.
Granted - Nagasaki and Hiroshima weren't atrociously devastated, but were instead rebuilt - as enormous human testing facilities run by automatous mechanical superbeings. The World War, reinvigorated by this new faction, continues for many decades. Eventually the forces of destructive hatred control the globe.

I'm depressed now.

I wish I had a library with a secret passage behind one of the bookshelves.
JoeSapphire: I wish I had a library with a secret passage behind one of the bookshelves.
Granted: The library is on the 20th floor of a gigantic tower; getting there is not easy, and puts you through some rather harrowing experiences. Once you finally get there, you notice that the books have the names of the adventurers who have climbed the tower, as well as the floor they've reached. The last book has your name on it; the place where the floor you've reached is blank.

(Can you tell what video game I am talking about here? (Hint: The text at this part of the game was completely re-written when the game was translated into English.)

I wish for a remake of the game I am referring to, in the same style that its two sequels got remade for, and on the same platform they got remade on (even if that platform is considered obsolete).
Oh no. Sorry, ignore this. Few minutes late. I was typing in other chat room and GOG's rather unresponsive atm.
I don't know about dtgreene game, so I can't talk about it now.

JoeSapphire: I wish I had a library with a secret passage behind one of the bookshelves.
Granted, but you can't see it and most likely you can't enter it. Can you hear an astronaut inside the bookshelf calling "Murphy! Murphy!". I guess he can get out of the bookshelf himself. Do you know Morse code? Pay attention to your watch for signs in Morse code. If you can't go there to prove if the passage exists, I guess you can't say it's really there.

I wish I had a lot of friends.
Post edited July 14, 2019 by le_chevalier
dtgreene: I wish for a remake of the game I am referring to, in the same style that its two sequels got remade for, and on the same platform they got remade on (even if that platform is considered obsolete).
Granted, however, being for an obsolete platform and a very niche market, there is not really much QA control to speak of, and the game goes published without anyone checking on the daltonic, but cost-effective, artist who single-handedly drew all the characters, backgrounds and objects. Also, for some reason all the text in the game is written in what seems to be a very flowery Turkish, except for the characters, who speak Thai all the way.

I wish that future Marvel films become more like the first Spiderman trilogy by Sam Raimi (as in more fun, less silly).
Post edited July 14, 2019 by Carradice
Since Carradice didn't actually make a wish, I guess I'll answer this one.

le_chevalier: I wish I had a lot of friends.
All right, but now you're constantly low on money because of all the parties you go to and birthday presents you have to buy.

I wish I had a chewing gum whose flavor lasted all day.
Granted. Your friend, who has this wicked sense of humour, seizes the opportunity to tie you up while you were taking a nap in the middle of the wonderful Yellowstone park. You wake up feeling sticky, to discover you are covered in honey. So apparently bears and ants want to be your friends now. You are so sweet.

But do not worry, your friend surely will come back. Probably.
TwoHandedSword: I wish I had a chewing gum whose flavor lasted all day.
Granted. Yummy! This tastes great! The only problem is, this gum is really, really sticky. You are never able to really remove it all from your teeth. Now no matter what you eat, be it chicken or aubergines, everything tastes like bubble gum. But you eat it slowly, as it becomes harder and harder to separate your mandibles for each chew.

My wish remains the same:

I wish that future Marvel films become more like the first Spiderman trilogy by Sam Raimi (as in more fun, less silly).
Post edited July 14, 2019 by Carradice
Carradice: Granted. Your friend, who has this wicked sense of humour, seizes the opportunity to tie you up while you were taking a nap in the middle of the wonderful Yellowstone park. You wake up feeling sticky, to discover you are covered in honey. So apparently bears and ants want to be your friends now. You are so sweet.

But do not worry, your friend surely will come back. Probably.
TwoHandedSword: I wish I had a chewing gum whose flavor lasted all day.
Carradice: Granted. Yummy! This tastes great! The only problem is, this gum is really, really sticky. You are never able to really remove it all from your teeth. Now no matter what you eat, be it chicken or aubergines, everything tastes like bubble gum. But you eat it slowly, as it becomes harder and harder to separate your mandibles for each chew.

My wish remains the same:

Wish granted. All future Marvel films will come with dated visuals.

I wish for a remake of Babylon 5.
Okay-dokey-Loki, every hero is a disabled melanin-heavy gender-clown with a fetish involving children and the villains are all Trump clones in full Notzi uniforms.

If this is the thread we're sticking with, I wish for it to have the name I chose.
StarChan: I wish for a remake of Babylon 5.
Granted, but they seem to have dropped the Babylon part, and only remade the fifth natural number.

I wish for a correct proof of the Goldbach Conjecture, or for a counter-example to said conjecture.
StarChan: I wish for a remake of Babylon 5.
dtgreene: Granted, but they seem to have dropped the Babylon part, and only remade the fifth natural number.

I wish for a correct proof of the Goldbach Conjecture, or for a counter-example to said conjecture.
Wish granted. I can now produce irrefutable proof of the Goldberg Conjecture, but being paranoid and suspicious, I hide it in a drawer.

I wish that all umbrellas had voice assistants telling people to watch their steps.
StarChan: I wish that all umbrellas had voice assistants telling people to watch their steps.
Granted, but the voice assistants don't work while it's raining.

I wish for the P=NP problem of computer science to be solved, and for the solution to be given to me.
StarChan: I wish that all umbrellas had voice assistants telling people to watch their steps.
dtgreene: Granted, but the voice assistants don't work while it's raining.

I wish for the P=NP problem of computer science to be solved, and for the solution to be given to me.
Granted. I solve it and give it to you, but being paranoid and suspicious, I hide you in a drawer.

I wish hangovers only ever lasted 20 minutes max.
JoeSapphire: I wish hangovers only ever lasted 20 minutes max.
Granted: Anyone whose hangover reaches the 20th minute immediately dies, ending the hangover.

I wish for a bar.

StarChan: Wish granted. I can now produce irrefutable proof of the Goldberg Conjecture, but being paranoid and suspicious, I hide it in a drawer.
One thought about the wish:

Here is how *I* would have handled it:

Wish granted. I have provided both a proof of the conjecture (showing that it is, in fact, true) and a counter-example (showing that it is, indeed, false). Now that I have done this, I can now use the contradiction to prove literally everything, including the fact that this wish was never made in the first place, and that I am more powerful than every all-powerful being in the universe, including myself.

Guess math is now useless.
Post edited August 19, 2020 by dtgreene