It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Sage103082: I had this issue with a pm I sent yesterday. I typed a pm up yesterday afternoon and it looked to have sent fine. Last night I checked my message and the PM was gone.
Grargar: I've had this happen quite a few times, especially when writing a long PM. My solution to this is simple; write your message, copy it, send it and then refresh. If your PM is not available, paste it, send it again, refresh and now it should be available. Normally, it shouldn't take more than one retry, but you never know.
^This 100%. I always hit refresh after every PM to enure its delivery. But the copy/paste has saved my bacon a number of times ;-)
foxworks: ^This 100%. I always hit refresh after every PM to enure its delivery. But the copy/paste has saved my bacon a number of times ;-)
Bacon from fox? Hmm, must be delicious. :p
foxworks: ^This 100%. I always hit refresh after every PM to enure its delivery. But the copy/paste has saved my bacon a number of times ;-)
triock: Bacon from fox? Hmm, must be delicious. :p
Saved, yes. But where did I put it last? Hmmmm....
Grargar: I've had this happen quite a few times, especially when writing a long PM. My solution to this is simple; write your message, copy it, send it and then refresh. If your PM is not available, paste it, send it again, refresh and now it should be available. Normally, it shouldn't take more than one retry, but you never know.
I recommend opening the PM page on another browser tab just to make sure. Doing this will make sure your message is still preserved.

In my experience though, when a PM disappears, it's usually indicative that GOG is detecting something wrong with the message you are writing. Most of my vanishing PMs are caused by messages that were too long, either caused by overly lengthy URLs and the like. GOG seems to have an internal filter and drops several "bad" messages, even if there's actually nothing bad about them!
I haven't had any trouble with the PM system yet. Just occasional trouble with posts, especially long ones.
low rated
JudasIscariot: werds
Yo, is the off topic section coming this week or next?
ChrisSZ: Well, a forum overhaul is one of the three things which were promised by the GOG team for 2014 and we are still waiting for (the others are payment in different currencies and GOG Galaxy. Linux support was the fourth and has gone live already).

There is nothing wrong with giveaway threads, it's just sometimes about 2/3 or even more of the threads on the first page are giveaways. Nobody advocates the ban of certain topics like giveaways, just some more structure is desired, like separate forums for "Game talk", "Non-gaming computer topics", "Giveaways" and "Offtopic" would be nice. The forums are very frequented. A better structure would mean less clutter.
And it is something that we might be waiting a little longer for. Here is part of a reply I received from GOG support regarding the block feature and forums:

"Hello, we are aware of such flaw, unfortunately we are currently unable to repair it, as the forum needs a fundamental remodeling, for which we currently don't have time and manpower."
low rated
Tarnicus: "...we currently don't have time and manpower."
In that case they need to shut this place down for the time being...
TheJoe: In that case they need to shut this place down for the time being...
Or alternatively find peace within until you can return to this place and not feel that way :) Given the issues I've had with these forums, choosing to take breaks and focus on figuring out why I can be so angry, upset and reactive to words on a screen has provided me with far more lasting change than asking others to change to suit my needs. Just a thought :)
It is great to see devs making posts on these forums, like this one: http://www.gog.com/forum/general/preorder_the_vanishing_of_ethan_carter_special_edition/post95

However, their posts can be missed because their accounts/profiles look the same than regular users. I think they should get a label and different text color, like the ones from GOG staff.
Now that the site has been updated, can't we get a forum overhaul?
Tarnicus: And it is something that we might be waiting a little longer for. Here is part of a reply I received from GOG support regarding the block feature and forums:

"Hello, we are aware of such flaw, unfortunately we are currently unable to repair it, as the forum needs a fundamental remodeling, for which we currently don't have time and manpower."
And now I see why GOG has no resources to work on the forums :( Good luck with your latest gamble GOG, unfortunately the changes to the site you have made have buggered the one thing that made the forums functional, Barefoot Essentials. Fortunately Barefoot Monkey is continuing to work on it :)
Alexrd: Now that the site has been updated, can't we get a forum overhaul?
This, please. The site looks gorgeous. I would love a matching forum theme.
opticq: This, please. The site looks gorgeous. I would love a matching forum theme.
Not just themes, but functions. No pop-up reply boxes, text and code editor, multi quote, slightly bigger avatars, ability to link images in posts instead of showing as attachments, etc...
Post edited August 27, 2014 by Alexrd
This new change, the top area seems abit better then before and under the last post on threads there is a huge space below it, kinda needs a fix on that & on the front page i saw dungeon keeper gold with price tag and didn't see "owned" tag, when i looked in my account/game list, all games r still there though.