It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Eitot: It’s still a nice workaround, although I preferably would not want to install another extension just to inject GreaseMonkey scripts on this website. Moreover, Barefoot seems to be a bit overkill with all those tweaks.
HypersomniacLive: The Barefoot Essentials 2.0 script is a great workaround to GOG's forum shortcomings, and as Tarnicus said, after using it for so long, I don't think I can go back to visiting and interacting with the forum without it.

Fingers crossed that with the site-wide overhaul, GOG will implement at least the strictly forum related features of the script, so that everyone can benefit from them. :-)
BE is well worth the little bit of work to get it, although every time I check someone's "Games Shelf" and see that they tend to have upwards of 100 titles I always feel like a "worse" customer because I only have 44, including the free ones, heh.
Flick_Reaper: I am able to post in existing topics, but I cannot create a new one. What is up with that?
Most likely cause of this is that you are trying to post a link in the new topic you are creating. As an anti-spam measure, GOG doesn't allow users with low rep to post links. Either remove the http:// part of your link (so it's similar to www.gog.com) or participate in the forums a bit more, and try posting your thread again in a week or so.
Flick_Reaper: I am able to post in existing topics, but I cannot create a new one. What is up with that?
JMich: Most likely cause of this is that you are trying to post a link in the new topic you are creating. As an anti-spam measure, GOG doesn't allow users with low rep to post links. Either remove the http:// part of your link (so it's similar to www.gog.com) or participate in the forums a bit more, and try posting your thread again in a week or so.
Yup, that was the issue. Thanks for the quick answer.
high rated
Ragnarblackmane: BE is well worth the little bit of work to get it, although every time I check someone's "Games Shelf" and see that they tend to have upwards of 100 titles I always feel like a "worse" customer because I only have 44, including the free ones, heh.
You're safe from me. ;-)
It might have been posted before, but something I'd like to see is a more consistent and more convenient way how the forum software handles line breaks or more specifically empty lines in combination with quotes. Sometimes the text is displayed just like it was written, but other times all empty lines are deleted, so that there's not enough spacing between different quotes and paragraphs and it becomes more difficult to read. In those cases even editing the posts to try and force the empty lines back often turns out to be futile (in fact editing may mess up the formatting in the first place), and the only way to get more spacing between the last paragraph and the next quote is to add some random characters between them.

Examples:

1. Quoting often looks like this:

Someone is quoted here
I comment on it.

Here's a different quote.
And here's my two cents.

2. If I want it to look like below, I often have to add another character, like in this case the fullstop, before the second quote, because otherwise the software will delete all empty lines:

Someone is quoted here
I comment on it.

Here's a different quote.
And here's my two cents.
Post edited July 12, 2014 by Leroux
Would it be too far-fetched idea to completely renew the forum (along with the website)? Forum softwares such as phpBB and SMF are superior in usability and thus at least in my case would motivate to take part in conversations more actively.
I found one thing this website just doesnt have! To my surprise its the thing its quite needed.

Question: where do you see the link to the forums in the game page?

From dear gog mod i got the answer: you have to buy the game, then from game library you can select the game and then there is a link to the forums.. :D
Attachments:
link.jpg (131 Kb)
When accessing the forum and posting on a thread from a mobile device, sometimes the "post my messsage" button doesn't appear.

Sometimes, the popup for entering a new message disappears after clicking "post my message" but no message is posted (usually on PC)
Do we really need to keep the moldy and decomposing skeleton of reputation points in gog's closet?

If we keep just "uprepping" it turns out to be some kind of estrogen-driven, Facebookish "Me likey likey" thing.
Not that estrogen-driven is a bad thing, just saying as a disclaimer here...

Well,
people can read I suppose.
Some of us have been around for quite some time here, so they probably know which commentators are best to avoid while other comments can be a delight to be savoured with a bottle of semi-dry Italian red wine.
Which brings me to the point where we could have been able to filter some these messages and people out of our view. That would help, I would even go so far and have some kind highlight buttons for people I know, who write good stuff.

A kind of friends-list that highlights favourable posters and hides unfavourable ones.
That would be "rad"

Other than that:
Polls, man I love polls... Poles are good too, though. But one is easier to implement that the other I presume...
Easier way to scroll through posta please.

Automatically to have your own threads, posts reachable without having to search through the whole discussion section.

Improved search options with filters.

Option to erase your own post.

Separated sections for different topics:
- upcoming games,
- voting threads,
- etc.

And do please increase the size of pictures for upload to 1MB at least. I always get over 500 kB sized pictures of the desktop when doing print screen and have to convert it all the time.

Thinking about it you should get rid of the rep system. Im seeing this happening on all the possible forums since rep system can be easily manipulated and can make antipathy against some people grow and it basically breeds and promotes intolerance and hate speech.
Post edited August 15, 2014 by Matruchus
When I tick/untick the 'This is my favourite topic' box I would prefer that the page doesn't automatically reload and go to the top.
Not sure if it has been mentionned already, but something that I'd find very precious are "least favorite topics".

Like we have the ability to sticky some selected threads, it would be nice to tick some other selected threads as not-for-us, and send them away, instead of having them perpetually pop up to our nose at every bump.
Khadgar42: *snip*
Other than that:
Polls, man I love polls... Poles are good too, though. But one is easier to implement that the other I presume...
Poll on whether GOG should have poles :P

I'd love to see a block list so I can ignore idiots (and they can ignore me). Oh whoops, I've already said that one :P
Telika: Not sure if it has been mentionned already, but something that I'd find very precious are "least favorite topics".

Like we have the ability to sticky some selected threads, it would be nice to tick some other selected threads as not-for-us, and send them away, instead of having them perpetually pop up to our nose at every bump.
WOW 1000 Rep exactly. Time to throw a round.
Attachments:
we need a dedicated non-gaming forum. maybe with subforum for giveaways. I had said that years ago already. Since then GOG grew considerably and with that the amount of posting. A forum is not useable when the last thread on second page is only 15 hours old.
good threads and inquires get burried.

also in the beinning when someone replied to your post in a thread, that thread went into your favourite category for easy find. that option was removed years ago for some reason.