It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Playing classic gems is about to get even more enjoyable! Today 5 KONAMI titles listed below have received an important update regarding their support for modern controllers:

Konami Collector's Series: Castlevania & Contra
METAL GEAR
METAL GEAR SOLID
METAL GEAR SOLID 2 SUBSTANCE
Silent Hill 4: The Room

As of now, these titles will not only enjoy full support for popular modern controllers such as Sony DualSense, Sony DualShock 4, Microsoft Xbox One X/S, and Nintendo Switch Pro but also receive optimized default key bindings and a few smaller fixes regarding the controller compatibility.
high rated
If you also could add Metal Gear Solid's excellent German localisation and fix the missing hauntings in Silent Hill 4, that'd be great.
high rated
Awesome and bizarre given their reputation for Konami to show GOG such love.
high rated
Great to hear, will we be seeing more titles from Konami in the near future?
ShadowWulfe: Awesome and bizarre given their reputation for Konami to show GOG such love.
No joke. I'm surprised this update didn't turn the games into virtual pachinko machines or keno machines with MTX required to play.
Great story. We want more games.
Swedrami: Metal Gear Solid's excellent German localisation
That is a bad joke, right? It's a prime example of a horrible german localisation. Dreadful and awkward.
Post edited August 27, 2021 by seppelfred
Swedrami: Metal Gear Solid's excellent German localisation
seppelfred: That is a bad joke, right? It's a prime example of a horrible german localisation. Dreadful and awkward.
Your mileage may vary of course, but in my book it's definitely one of those "so bad it's good" localisations.
Very nice. Updates to classics are appreciated, and it makes sense to prioritize the bestselling ones.
Post edited August 27, 2021 by tfishell
The thing that kept me from buying the collector's edition so far were the reviews that mentioned that it was an inferior offering to a similar collection on Steam (not just fewer games, but lesser quality ports as well).

Otherwise, I'd buy it in a heartbeat for the Castlevania games alone.
Post edited August 27, 2021 by Magnitus
GOG.com: KONAMI games on GOG.COM receive a controller support update
Trying to download the updated offline installer (MG) results in a 404.
Post edited August 27, 2021 by BreOl72
GOG.com: KONAMI games on GOG.COM receive a controller support update
BreOl72: Trying to download the updated offline installer (MG) results in a 404.
Same, except for the Castlevania & Contra collection.
Sigh....still region locked for me. I really don't like buying off Steam. If the Yakuza series ever shows up on GoG, i imagine it'll be the same situation.
404 when try to download
Great news!

Still, by "optimized default key bindings" I'm not sure I understand what you mean. The default key bindings for both Metal Gear Solid titles is pretty awkward, though it can easily be sorted in Metal Gear Solid, and with a bit more effort (not using the unofficial fan patch) in Metal Gear Solid 2. In Silent Hill 4, though, the key bindings are... fine? Not sure what the optimized default key bindings for that game would be.

Anyway, my guess is that this only affects those with controllers, which is not my case. Awesome news for all of those who want more options in their games, so, a good day for all of us.