It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Neobr10: snip
We are actually talking about the need to beg for games on the forum, which i am totally against. Of course there's NOTHING to justify scamming people. Even if that Anasto guy was as poor as he claimed to be (he actually isn't), it still doesn't justify it.
I'm aware of that, those links were to show that there is no need to beg when there are plenty of freebies around
Neobr10: snip
We are actually talking about the need to beg for games on the forum, which i am totally against. Of course there's NOTHING to justify scamming people. Even if that Anasto guy was as poor as he claimed to be (he actually isn't), it still doesn't justify it.
Thunderstone: I'm aware of that, those links were to show that there is no need to beg when there are plenty of freebies around
Can you give me your definition of begging please ? - i have requested a couple of games in the gifting threads, usually because i have not sorted my finances properly lol. eg, I had no idea every1 and his dog had a sale at Halloween, so i got my giveaways at the start of the month.

If he can change his ways, that would be great, but I don't think that will stop the folks here being more wary.
Neobr10: Now back to the original subject we were discussing, i could point quite a few beggars here on the forum who have a big collection and don't really need more games. Of course i will not name them, but if you pay attention to the forum you will notice it. I think that this is really disgusting. Unfortunately, some users here take advantage of this generous community to get beg for stuff that they don't even need. I guess this is the consequence of having such a generous community.
Well.. now I feel really bad for winning Flatout 2 :(
Thunderstone: I'm aware of that, those links were to show that there is no need to beg when there are plenty of freebies around
Ian: Can you give me your definition of begging please ? - i have requested a couple of games in the gifting threads, usually because i have not sorted my finances properly lol. eg, I had no idea every1 and his dog had a sale at Halloween, so i got my giveaways at the start of the month.

If he can change his ways, that would be great, but I don't think that will stop the folks here being more wary.
It is more if you constantly beg for games instead of just posting once or twice in the gift thread. Or scamming people for games. The reasoning that there are no good free games is bs.

I don't think your a begger, I haven't seen you spamming for gifts and joining giveaways isn't begging either. If the individual is offering the game for takes, its fair game to join in if you meet the requirements. ;)

I agree, it would be nice if he was genuine but we'll see.
Ian: Can you give me your definition of begging please ? - i have requested a couple of games in the gifting threads, usually because i have not sorted my finances properly lol.
There are people who insist it's their inalienable right to systematically receive gifts and win giveaways for which they are not qualified, just because they have no money or have not won a game recently, and if you do not provide the game on short notice, you're the enemy of civilization.

Temporarily not having money on your account, or your card processor being down, or your card being blocked because you bought a shitty game on digitalriver are all valid reasons to ask for a gift. (For example, during the first hours of the IR Halloween sale, the whole e-payment segment of SBRF, the largest bank in Russia, decided to take a nap without any warning. I considered asking for a gift to be repaid later, but then realized the price wouldn't go above the music threshold anyway, and the issue would be sorted out when the bundle was live). Also, people post their wishlists in the gifting thread, given the absence of a public wishlist option (not everyone uses gogwiki).

"I haven't won any giveaways recently and I have no money and if you don't gift to me but rather to that other person you're being evil" - that's the mindset that creates people like the recent scammer.
QC: Either way let's just move on for now. If more problems happen it's proof enough not to take him at his word, if there there aren't problems then good, we can stop the witch hunt and relax for a change, and the future's going to depend on how he acts more than what he says, so no amount of discussion from this point on will really change what happens other than the lingering suspicions.
gameon: Speaking to the guy first hand and trying to reason with him is hardly a witch hunt.
No, it isn't, but I'm not talking about last night, I'm talking about the past three weeks where we had users fighting and accusing each other, distrusting anyone with a new name and ready to lynch at any moment.
IronStar: Internet is dirt cheap (at least here), and even if you can't afford it, chances are you can find unlocked wi-fi network or go to library to use it.

______

Oh, and about the beggars, I think it's better to just go and torrent damn thing. Contests? Yes. Ninja thread? Yes. Begging? No.
dr.zli: Dirt cheap? Maybe in the last several months and with select cable providers but going the DSL route will still cost you big time. :(

Totaly agree about begzors - either earn 5$ a month for a random old game, pray to lady luck in many contests or simply ask your parents to buy them for you. If you can't do anything like this don't game. Since you can afford net costs and hardware I think games on sales for 2,5$ are well within your reach.
Well I'm paying mine 1.566rsd/month (SBB, 10Mbps) ADSL is also quite cheap.
Ian: Can you give me your definition of begging please ? - i have requested a couple of games in the gifting threads, usually because i have not sorted my finances properly lol. eg, I had no idea every1 and his dog had a sale at Halloween, so i got my giveaways at the start of the month.

Well, taken that you've gifted like, godzilion $ in games, asking if someone can get something for you is far from begging. And by far I mean FAR.
Post edited November 05, 2012 by IronStar
IronStar: Well I'm paying mine 1.566rsd/month (SBB, 10Mbps) ADSL is also quite cheap.
dunno about SBB, I've got shitty IKOM where I live but Telekom's Click 4 (4096/512) is 20 eur which is a lot for that bandwith
IronStar: Well I'm paying mine 1.566rsd/month (SBB, 10Mbps) ADSL is also quite cheap.
dr.zli: dunno about SBB, I've got shitty IKOM where I live but Telekom's Click 4 (4096/512) is 20 eur which is a lot for that bandwith
My friends said good things about IKOM, Where are you from?
dr.zli: dunno about SBB, I've got shitty IKOM where I live but Telekom's Click 4 (4096/512) is 20 eur which is a lot for that bandwith
IronStar: My friends said good things about IKOM, Where are you from?
sent you a pm so we can discuss that particular issue apart from this thread ;)
xyem: Well.. now I feel really bad for winning Flatout 2 :(
Oh well, i have never seen you begging for games. I don't think that you are a beggar. I don't think there is a problem with asking something once in a while. if you have valid reasons or if someone offered the game i don't think that there is a problem with asking for it. The problem is when someone keeps asking for gifts over and over again, after having received many games already. Unfortunately there are these self-entitled users who keep begging for games constantly, abusing the generosity of this community.
Post edited November 05, 2012 by Neobr10
xyem: Well.. now I feel really bad for winning Flatout 2 :(
Neobr10: Oh well, i have never seen you begging for games. I don't think that you are a beggar. I don't think there is a problem with asking something once in a while.
... specially when the person asking is already known for their generosity.
Both Xyem and Ian have given many many times more to the community than they have taken. No one could possibly call them beggers.
got two scammers for this list:

isaac_clarke
pokederp

see for details:
http://www.gog.com/forum/general/classifieds/post4002
Seconding and adding :

Known Scammers : isaac_clarke, L_Streetfighta_L, NinjaInPijamas
Just had a lovely interaction with pokederp (who most certainly is 'Anasto' by the way).

Part 1
Part 2
Part 3

As always, messages go from bottom to top but the individual "parts" are in chronological order.

The gift page "screenshot".
The Steam profile he linked to. This is one of the ones Anasto used, hi Anasto!
mrmarioanonym: ...
There's a bunch of new names you've not added to the list. gaming_geek is a new one to be suspicious of as well by the way.
Post edited November 16, 2012 by SirPrimalform