It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

high rated
vidm: snip
elcook: Received a report from Tauto, so here I am. Since the discussion between both of you got beyond of what we call here a friendly atmosphere I need to act.
@vidm, please stop calling names on other users, if this repeats I'll have to ban your account. If Tauto is messaging you via PM and you don't wish to talk to him please block him.
I haven't called names any users on public. Name calling was done via private messages and it was because Tauto had no business sending me one in the first place since he & his buddy comboplayer took their sweet time ganging up on me on the forums, calling me a scammer and what not for no reason known to anyone but them. You're allowing these two (and maybe more) to obnoxiously troll the forums while I get the stick for defending myself. But hey, I guess you missed the last few pages in this thread.

And in the end, if you're going to take your time to make statements about taking action against me publicly, on the forum, then you should at least take the time and have the decency to investigate properly and act against ALL parties involved, not just least deserving one (i.e. me).

Kind regards,
Post edited December 11, 2017 by vidm
RWarehall: Comboplayer was suspected of being a NES alt in the past [...] NES even made the mistake of offering a trade as comboplayer and then posting on a different alt complaining about it not going through. [...]
HypersomniacLive: Could you (or someone having this evidence) post a link to all this?
I remember Comboplayer too and there's an entry in the wiki in the first post:
http://www.gogwiki.com/wiki/Known_Scammers
Alas, no evidence, probably due to the usual silly system that deletes proofs.
RWarehall: Comboplayer was suspected of being a NES alt in the past and NES has also falsely accused people he has scammed of "being the real scammer" with other alts as well. I think this pretty much confirms it. And Tauto is a known scammer sympathizer. Ignore the jerk.
MarkoH01: Tauto might be known as a Troll in the past but afaik he only has a problem in accusing people being scammers without any proof. This does not make him a scammer sympathizer imo. Of course I might be wrong about this but these are the informations I gathered. Don't know if he in fact did sympathise with scammers without me knowing about it. If this should be the case disregard what I said.
Tauto has a long track record of defending NES alts and only NES alts. Not once has he ever used the "don't accuse without proof" argument on anyone who's actually been mistaken for a scammer when they were legit (instead, he's actually berated some of those users). He enjoys trying to cheer for whatever he thinks will try to stir up the most controversy and has shown as much in the past.
MarkoH01: This is confusing me (or was it meant as a joke?). I never did work for GOG.
phaolo: Weren't you one of the people invited to Gog?
I thought that you guys ended up working for them as "community rapresentatives" or something.
I guess I was mistaken O_o
That was just a rumor being spread by people getting paranoid and accusing the 6 people sent to GOG of being shills/secret undercover GOG agents/PR pawns or something.
vidm: *snip*
Even if you're not necessarily the one in the wrong here, Tauto is a known troll and Comboplayer is a known NES alt. Avoiding conversation with both are your best bet. Literally all they're going to do is try to bait you into exactly what's happening here so they can have ammunition to report with and say "Look! HE'S the one you need to go after!" Hang back and let them dig their own graves. GOG is going to do nothing about Comboplayer since they've already publicly stated that they don't get involved in the whole scammer thing, but Tauto, they'll occasionally take action on so long as you don't sling back what he throws at you.
Post edited December 11, 2017 by zeogold
low rated
vidm is implicated in credit card fraud not to mention now he risk a ban here
OUCH !

seems like you guys blame me yet i never traded stuff here
elcook: Received a report from Tauto, so here I am. Since the discussion between both of you got beyond of what we call here a friendly atmosphere I need to act.
@vidm, please stop calling names on other users, if this repeats I'll have to ban your account. If Tauto is messaging you via PM and you don't wish to talk to him please block him.
vidm: I haven't called names any users on public. Name calling was done via private messages and it was because Tauto had no business sending me one in the first place since he & his buddy comboplayer took their sweet time ganging up on me on the forums, calling me a scammer and what not for no reason known to anyone but them. You're allowing these two (and maybe more) to obnoxiously troll the forums while I get the stick for defending myself. But hey, I guess you missed the last few pages in this thread.

And in the end, if you're going to take your time to make statements about taking action against me publicly, on the forum, then you should at least take the time and have the decency to investigate properly and act against ALL parties involved, not just least deserving one (i.e. me).

Kind regards,
As discussed via PM, it's about calling names in this thread. I'd kindly ask all users here to keep the conversation as well-mannered as possible. Sometimes it might just mean not to react to other users' provocations.
This is hysterical,Tauto has been a massive tumor of this forum/community and mods are defending him? Lmao. If you weren't so inept at your job the likes of him should have been banned years ago.
Post edited December 11, 2017 by Mr.Caine
low rated
zeogold: Tauto has a long track record of defending NES alts and only NES alts.
And you have an even bigger record of endlessly defending the most disruptive person here.
low rated
And the ATTACKS continue.Maybe Mr.Caine should be investigated as this person has continually attacked me because I called him out for begging games and using his high rep as a tool.Just check posting history and see for yourself,%90 free game applications.%10 chasing me around the forum and insulting in sessions like this thread.

Also zeogold needs to be told to butt out permanently and stop trying to troll.
Post edited December 12, 2017 by Tauto
GOG's policy of inaction against hostile accounts like the Tauto account probably violates Canadian law; just so you know.

I guess the fact that you're not governed by a British style law makes the non-action policy easy though?

Anyways... reference is here:

http://www.rcmp-grc.gc.ca/cycp-cpcj/bull-inti/index-eng.htm
ignore Tauto, people. i think he enjoys the attention.
mrmarioanonym: ignore Tauto, people. i think he enjoys the attention.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ki0KCQAC5Wg
mrmarioanonym: ignore Tauto, people. i think he enjoys the attention.
tinyE: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ki0KCQAC5Wg
people don't learn. this is why he returns i think. i get the impression it has become less about scamming for that person and more about trolling. i could be wrong of course, but that's the way it seems to me.
mrmarioanonym: people don't learn. this is why he returns i think. i get the impression it has become less about scamming for that person and more about trolling. i could be wrong of course, but that's the way it seems to me.
I never thought for a second he was a scammer. He talks about being friends with people like NES because he knows it pisses people off. Look at his title. He obviously refuses to use JerkMuter but he has that tag because he knows I abhor it. Same for the political spin. If I came in here tomorrow and did a 180 on my opinions, so would he.
Post edited December 12, 2017 by tinyE
JunglePredator: GOG's policy of inaction against hostile accounts like the Tauto account probably violates Canadian law; just so you know.

I guess the fact that you're not governed by a British style law makes the non-action policy easy though?

Anyways... reference is here:

http://www.rcmp-grc.gc.ca/cycp-cpcj/bull-inti/index-eng.htm
I guess we all agree that cyber bullying or bullying of any kind is a bad thing and it is forbidden. However I wonder if the hoster of a forum can also be held responsible for not preventing it or not punishing those who are doing it (I am speaking in general here of course). I read your article and looked up some others and so far the only thing I could see was one sepcial law in Canada regarding a school.

"Alberta’s law is notable because it requires students to report cyberbullying if they witness it, with penalties including suspension and expulsion possible for those who do not."

If you have more specific sources I would be interested to read them as well. As I said: cyber bullying is a crime and should be treated as such so I really wonder if this can be treated like "failure to provide assistance" (I google translated this so I hope it's the right legal term).

In general I have to say that I personally don't understand why people actually start to insult each other in a forum about video games at all. Every conversation can be held in a civil matter and if you don't agree - then don't agree. No reason to call names or get emotional about anything here imo. The average user in this forum probably is a bit older (given that this once was "good old games") and so we all should know that there are actual things in the world and around us worth getting angry or worried about and I doubt those should be a few video games. And no, I don't like scammers but I also know that whenever I try to trade something here on GOG with somebody I don't know anything about I am doing this at my own risk because - as we all know - GOG simply does not have an actual trading platform. Could they improve on this? Of course they could but imo this is first and foremost a digital store and nothing more. GOG never said that people should trade any games here. We should feel lucky that GOG is not forbidding us to do so because they could. In general GOG is also allowing many discussions here that would have been censored or locked pretty fast in a forum like steam (i.e. talking about piracy in general). So they are giving us freedom because they trust us. It is really unfortunate for me that some of those given the freedom to not be censored and speaking freely are using it to destroy civill conversations. I really appreciate the fact that GOG is giving us this freedom and I really think that it is not too much of them to ask us to keep conversations civil in return. That was all elcook was asking for in his last post.

These are just my own thoughts that I wanted to express and I am aware that some might think different. I don't want to take any sides here - I just wanted to point out how grateful we should be to have this freedom. Wouldn't it be better if this could be a nice place to communicate and relax instead of the warezone this sometimes has become? Or am I just naive and such civil discussions are just not possible between grown up people in a forum about video games?
OH AND SPEAKING OF TROLLING and yes this isn't the right thread, but we are on the subject. A shout out to all my fellow dorks and Padawans out there, be wary of spoilers this week. I can guarantee all of you that doronnorod will be in here giving away everything, and he probably won't be alone.

Of course they will claim they didn't do anything wrong and they had no clue people would be upset by it, but you can fertilize the lawn with that.
Post edited December 12, 2017 by tinyE