It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Watch out for edgar1

Got a code from me and emob for the same game. Admitted it as well in the Big Fall Sale Clearinghouse thread.

https://www.gog.com/forum/general/big_fall_sale_clearinghouse_thread/page37

May not be a scammer but definately a leacher.

https://www.gog.com/forum/general/big_fall_sale_clearinghouse_thread?search=edgar1

Best to avoid him I think.
MarkoH01: Thank you for searching. The reputations may also be from other accounts. I read that some people are opening multiple accounts and then upvote themseves and downvoting others. Which is why rep was not a criteria in my giveaway. However I have decided that the rules were clearly stated and in future giveaways I won't even answer posts from people on the scammer list.
PaterAlf: Quite often it's hard to proove that someone is a scammer. So when I do giveaways I normally use a rule like "I want to see some forum activity outside of the giveaway and gifting threads". That keeps most of the leechers, scammers and alt-accounts away.
I always used a rep count rule for the giveaways and checked the scammer lists.
Attachments:
pic.png (23 Kb)
pic2.png (61 Kb)
Post edited November 15, 2015 by ScotchMonkey
ScotchMonkey: I always used a rep count rule for the giveaways and checked the scammer lists.
Unfortunately rep count does not say much if users are making multiple accounts just to upvote them and downvote others.
ScotchMonkey: I always used a rep count rule for the giveaways and checked the scammer lists.
MarkoH01: Unfortunately rep count does not say much if users are making multiple accounts just to upvote them and downvote others.
True true. I trusted the scammer lists to weed most of them out.

I might be doing another giveaway next month.

What sort of protocol would you recommend?
Post edited November 15, 2015 by ScotchMonkey
ScotchMonkey: What sort of protocol would you recommend?
_ Add the following rule: Some forum participation required, outside of code grabbing.
_ If you don't recognize the winner, do a quick username search.
_ If you're still not sure, ask winner to show you some of his/her posts (he/she could be active in game subforums for example). Also, ask around here, scammers/leechers can be easily pointed out by someone who had some interaction with them.
SirRobbie: HUMMER0I0 is a scammer. I lost 8 games to this asshole! Ban this guy for life!
Tauto: Never heard of ''once bitten twice shy''?
I lost those 8 games in one trade. I'm just too naive I guess.
Tauto: Never heard of ''once bitten twice shy''?
SirRobbie: I lost those 8 games in one trade. I'm just too naive I guess.
Don't mind him.

Dig your avatar BTW.
bela555: HUMMER0I0 - impersonator
I just received the same message as you!
Perhaps you all should just... stop trading?
KneeTheCap: Perhaps you all should just... stop trading?
Dawn breaks! XD
ScotchMonkey: What sort of protocol would you recommend?
ZFR: _ Add the following rule: Some forum participation required, outside of code grabbing.
_ If you don't recognize the winner, do a quick username search.
_ If you're still not sure, ask winner to show you some of his/her posts (he/she could be active in game subforums for example). Also, ask around here, scammers/leechers can be easily pointed out by someone who had some interaction with them.
You know if you type this: site:gog.com "ZFR:" into most search engines you'll get all the posts by a given user in any subforum, right?
New scammer alert :

@HUMMER0I0
thats amusing paladin the scammer is "giving away games"
koima57: New scammer alert :

@HUMMER0I0
He was in here this morning, probably because of all the talk about him.
Hi guys. I can't find HERTOGLAN in any list. This guy ask me for a trade but quotes a trade post made by HertogJan.
Tell me if I need attach some screenshot.
nicohvc: Hi guys. I can't find HERTOGLAN in any list. This guy ask me for a trade but quotes a trade post made by HertogJan.
Tell me if I need attach some screenshot.
If the two names don't match then it's likely a bogus account soliciting the trade. If you decide to go through with it, best let them send their codes first...