It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

ashwald: All he needs to do is buy a bunch of SIM cards.
langurmonkey: If someone is a scammer, they obviously hate buying stuff. Is he really going to spend money just to steal games?
(good lord) A scammer will say anything to convince you. They get you to give them your code first, and then they leave. You get nothing, apart from the feeling of frustration.
Darthprymus: darthkagus, on right now
ashwald: http://steamcommunity.com/id/darthkagus doesn't exist.
Wierd i'm on it right now downloading empire:total war, either my account name or steam profile name are coming up with anything
langurmonkey: What if, you have to give GOG a mobile phone number and GOG texts you a code. You have to enter this code in order to finish creating an account.
SirPrimalform: That's discriminatory to people who don't have mobiles!

Also, I didn't know Americans used the term mobile phone, I thought it was always cell phone over there.
You are right Not everyone has a mobile phone. I used to call mobile phones cell phones but then I lived in Europe for some time, and people thought it was really weird to call mobile phones cell phones so I stopped.
langurmonkey: If someone is a scammer, they obviously hate buying stuff.
ashwald: By that logic he can't possibly own a computer or go to a net cafe because that stuff costs money.
He can scam people for a computer and secretly be using his neighbors wireless internet.
Post edited October 24, 2012 by langurmonkey
Darthprymus: Wierd i'm on it right now downloading empire:total war, either my account name or steam profile name are coming up with anything
Then post a proper link yourself. Should be easy to do since you're logged in.
Darthprymus: darthkagus, on right now
ashwald: http://steamcommunity.com/id/darthkagus doesn't exist.
Doh my fault, i didnt set up the custom url in my profile settings -.-
langurmonkey: GOG needs to make it so in order to make an account, you have to give up a credit card number or something like that. The problem is it is too easy for people to make an account here.
Awesome. It should be even easier. There's always room for improvement. Maybe allow to fill the cart without an account and force account creation on checkout only.
You know, i think the scammer is getting exactly what he (?) wanted, with all the paranoia and fighting going on.
langurmonkey: GOG needs to make it so in order to make an account, you have to give up a credit card number or something like that. The problem is it is too easy for people to make an account here.
Starmaker: Awesome. It should be even easier. There's always room for improvement. Maybe allow to fill the cart without an account and force account creation on checkout only.
Couldn't this trick be "tricked" by ordering one of the free games?

mrmarioanonym: You know, i think the scammer is getting exactly what he (?) wanted, with all the paranoia and fighting going on.
Yup, pretty much...
Post edited October 24, 2012 by retsuseiba
low rated
langurmonkey: If someone is a scammer, they obviously hate buying stuff. Is he really going to spend money just to steal games?
gameon: (good lord) A scammer will say anything to convince you. They get you to give them your code first, and then they leave. You get nothing, apart from the feeling of frustration.
Yeah because the alternative is spending money. So obviously, the guy is against spending his money.
Darthprymus: Doh my fault, i didnt set up the custom url in my profile settings -.-
......................isn't that something that you do while creating the profile?
Hahaha, I just got a hilarious "evil genius" PM from Anasto.
Attachments:
icecube1.png (10 Kb)
Post edited October 24, 2012 by SirPrimalform
Darthprymus: Doh my fault, i didnt set up the custom url in my profile settings -.-
ashwald: ......................isn't that something that you do while creating the profile?
Maybe now, but not when i joined steam. "headscratch" Did create one however later on.
ashwald: ......................isn't that something that you do while creating the profile?
You would think lol, made it a year ago and it was only to activate a game then so i breezed through it, should be working now though
Starmaker: Awesome. It should be even easier. There's always room for improvement. Maybe allow to fill the cart without an account and force account creation on checkout only.
retsuseiba: Couldn't this trick be "tricked" by ordering one of the free games?
There's no trick. Currently, when you're logged out and want to buy something, the login/register window immediately pops up. I say it may be better for sales if anonymous users could add more stuff into their cart, then create an account at checkout. Anything that makes it more demanding to create an account (such as CC data, phone numbers, powerword IRL, address) is right out because it hurts sales. E-mail, password, age, agreement with TOS and PP = done.

edit:
SirPrimalform: Hahaha, I just got a hilarious "evil genius" PM from Anasto.
POST IT.
Post edited October 24, 2012 by Starmaker
Starmaker: POST IT.
I DID.