It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

high rated
HypersomniacLive: Do you know the secret to that? Or is it one of those "one does not fit all" things?
No, I don't know the secret to it here, but it is one of those "one size does not fit all" things.
high rated
Dischord: No, I don't know the secret to it here, but it is one of those "one size does not fit all" things.
*sigh* Somehow I knew you'd say that. ;-D
high rated
HypersomniacLive: *sigh* Somehow I knew you'd say that. ;-D
How great if it would be that easy.

No dragons, no shit creeks that people are lost on, just sunshine and lollipops.

People are different, the roads are different, and even the goals are different, outside of a general approximation.

The gods of the classical age must have introduced all of these variables, and be smiling more than ever now, over our inability to solve the same things that have perplexed man from the beginning :)

Very easy to say these gods don't exist, they may very well not, but they fit quite well with the host of others things that we have never figured out.

Hell, a little magic and denial is almost called for when you look at our failure to address most of these things over the ages.

<full of shit mode off!>

Edit: I don't think that "full of shit" switch works; I may have to suffer the "on" position forever.
Post edited November 23, 2014 by Dischord
high rated
Dischord: [...]

The gods of the classical age must have introduced all of these variables, and be smiling more than ever now, over our inability to solve the same things that have perplexed man from the beginning :)

Very easy to say these gods don't exist, they may very well not, but they fit quite well with the host of others things that we have never figured out.

Hell, a little magic and denial is almost called for when you look at our failure to address most of these things over the ages.

[...]
Didn't man create the gods of the classical age exactly because they couldn't figure out all this stuff?

Dischord: [...]

<full of shit mode off!>

Edit: I don't think that "full of shit" switch works; I may have to suffer the "on" position forever.
Oh shush! ;-D
high rated
HypersomniacLive: Didn't man create the gods of the classical age exactly because they couldn't figure out all this stuff?
I don't know.

I'm an old fart, but never talked to them :-)
high rated
Dischord: I don't know.

I'm an old fart, but not that old :-)
FTFY! :-D
Tarnicus: I've seen plenty of comments in the thread linked(I didn't read the whole thing, even to this date), including the final post "clearing" the person who I have been instructed not to name publicly by GOG staff, and I have let it be...til now.

Rather than dredge up the past(which is easily accessible from links all over this site), I would like to add something that was never mentioned publicly in all of this.

1/ Further evidence was submitted by me via PM to GOG staff
2/ Since that day, the MemberWhoCannotBeNamed hasn't posted a single thing, although his account still exists.
3/ I have not conducted a single "arsehole hunt" (I like witches :P) since, nor will I again.

I have no idea of the reason for his silence and won't bother with conjecture. If you wish to find further evidence, search for yourselves if it is important to you(hint: research regarding a certain site mentioned on other sites shows far more than what it purports to be). I have let this be and will continue to leave it be with the exception of people's belief that the MemberWhoCannotBeNamed was "cleared".
Good on ya, mate.
Tarnicus: snip
But....but....but I enjoyed the witch hunts! :C
Dischord: Since this is the scammers thread, and I've taken a bit of liberty, I'd like to scam everyone:

System Shock 2: BD1B9-3F1D9-5C2AF-DEC6F

The scam is the code doesn't work. Consider the following as applied to the code above: ddddd-bbbbb-ccccc-aaaaa

Put the aaaaa part first, and the ddddd part last.

Scam over!
Thank you very much! Please add me to the scammer's list, as I grabbed the code and was surprised that it was still up there. I played the hell out of System Shock 1 when I was a teenager (it reminded me of one of my favourite games Xenomorph). Oh and you should definitely add me to the scammer's list, given I bought the game on Steam earlier this year. My apologies for preferring a DRM free version.

/scam oh hang on I'll get with the times #scam :P
HypersomniacLive: Didn't man create the gods of the classical age exactly because they couldn't figure out all this stuff?
Dischord: I don't know.

I'm an old fart, but never talked to them :-)
Dischord! How the heck are you? I see you're still around and about and spouting the wisdom of the ages - nice to know our smarter gog forumites still come around from time to time ;-D
Canadian, amirite?

Vladek1999 is a schoolkid from Novokuznetsk, Russia, here to leech games.

Protip to prospective leechers: before you start leeching and scamming, be sure to socialize a little to figure out who's who so you don't come whining about your bad luck to one of the biggest grammar-stickling giveaway-hating internationalists 'round these parts.
Attachments:
leecher.png (35 Kb)
Starmaker: Canadian, amirite?

Protip to prospective leechers: before you start leeching and scamming, be sure to socialize a little to figure out who's who so you don't come whining about your bad luck to one of the biggest grammar-stickling giveaway-hating internationalists 'round these parts.
Just a wee disclaimer, I use that name in MMO's, so on the very slight chance than anyone has met my character in a MMO (eg. some peeps here used to play Rift), this Vladek is not an alt account of mine.
Post edited November 30, 2014 by F1ach

I don't speak Russian (and Google translation wasn't very helpful). Can you tell me what makes him a scammer?
low rated
just a heads not sure if hes a scammer or not
noticed sulc84 is active again just heads up on this guy . He has a bit of dirt on him be careful , i asked him about this and his reply was not reassuring.
gog forum search shows his posts being low repped probably grabbing more keys asap than others

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?p=61340441

read the first post
Post edited November 30, 2014 by liquidsnakehpks

PaterAlf: I don't speak Russian (and Google translation wasn't very helpful). Can you tell me what makes him a scammer?
http://www.gog.com/forum/general/does_anyone_need
probably this? This guy offends me . Again. Why? I dont know but i only gave away 3 games, they all work. Never took anything from community, only gave away. But everyone hates me and keeps my rep down . I dont see any logic. Im good guy why you do this to me?

And yes im from canada, ottawa. I just know russian very well.

this guy sent you wrong link guys, beware of that.
I asked him why he did that-he blocked me. He did a wrong report. Im not trying to accuse him of being really bad guy. But you must know that he doesnt like for some reason i dont know. His link to mail.ru is wrong. Its not me. I hope you will understand this
Post edited November 30, 2014 by vladek1999