It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Cyraxpt: Please don't misunderstand me, if something i was trying to avoid an unnecessary witch-hunt not trying to throw some suspicions upon you,,,,,,*snip*
I agree, we don't need every new user to be subjected to a witch-hunt and quick judgement based on assumptions. We can't let a scammer dictate the way this community treats other folks on the forum. GOG has always been a place that overwhelms people with kindness and generosity which should continue by giving all new members the benefit of the doubt.
Post edited October 26, 2014 by stg83
BlackThorny: Well I only have 5 steam friends, two of them came from Gog and Gala so I wouldn't call that strange if he doesnt play much
For what's it worth I don't think he is here to scum anyone and I up vote him when I see as I want to give him a chance.
Cyraxpt: I already adress that in my previous post.
I know, but I wanted to fortify your point as "I'm a user on good standings here (I think) and I don't have many friends on steam".
Actually, one of the reasons I don't try to get friends on steam is because I rather keep my multiplayer platform be Gog Galaxy :)
high rated
Cyraxpt: Please don't misunderstand me, if something i was trying to avoid an unnecessary witch-hunt not trying to throw some suspicions upon you, the friend comment was in the sense that even with a "solid" Steam account a low friend list count removes part of the credibility (if that was the case). I have more "friends" on my Steam list but i rarely interact with them so it's not a case of "poor social habilities".

Btw, your low rep didn't come from that post from DeepQuickHunter, that post was made after you had the low rep (i noticed that).
No, I do not misunderstood you. I want to thank you for your support. The friends explanation wasto clarify why I have few.
I have low rep (4, maybe 5) yesterday. Then someone low rep one of my posts and I go bed with 3 rep. Today I login and have -3. Now, I have 0. At this pace I will be 50 in a year or two ...
siulebuo: No, I do not misunderstood you. I want to thank you for your support. The friends explanation wasto clarify why I have few.
I have low rep (4, maybe 5) yesterday. Then someone low rep one of my posts and I go bed with 3 rep. Today I login and have -3. Now, I have 0. At this pace I will be 50 in a year or two ...
Well, don't worry too much about the rep, to be honest most of that comes through giveaways or gifting and i know that i have this actual rep because i buy alot of bundles and give the rest here, if anything you should try to participate more on discussions, people will remember you and i know that you're an ok guy/girl.
At least that's how i work, i remember the name/avatar and have some idea of those persons, the only difference it's when i see people with +500 i have that idea that the person it's a "veteran" but that's only confirmed when i see him/her interact with other people in a friendly manner so i know they know each other for a long time (ex. calling the "sacrifice salesman" a mutant).
Cyraxpt: Well, don't worry too much about the rep, to be honest most of that comes through giveaways or gifting and i know that i have this actual rep because i buy alot of bundles and give the rest here, if anything you should try to participate more on discussions, people will remember you and i know that you're an ok guy/girl.
At least that's how i work, i remember the name/avatar and have some idea of those persons, the only difference it's when i see people with +500 i have that idea that the person it's a "veteran" but that's only confirmed when i see him/her interact with other people in a friendly manner so i know they know each other for a long time (ex. calling the "sacrifice salesman" a mutant).
One of those "veterans" was one of the guys that never bought a game here, got everything via gifting and actually uploaded GoG-files to torrent sites on a regular basis (confirmed by himself in the end). Many people here will know who I'm talking about.
So, relying on rep alone can be dangerous.
Post edited October 25, 2014 by Klumpen0815
high rated
Grargar: Once you downrep someone's post, you have an option to report him for spam. If this is done by many people, it will send the post in one of Jigsaw's death traps.
Which shouldn't be done, imho, for two reasons:
- Posts from known/ admitted scammers are not spam, in the traditional meaning, and
- Getting them deleted, does no one any favours, and it's harder for newer members to become aware of the scammers.

So, down-vote them to make them stick out and render the scammer untrustworthy to "trade" or to be gidted, but don't report them as spam because this way they fall off the grid which is doing him a favour essentially.

Azrael360: Funny, that justaquickie wrote this but it was deleted immediately while posting my reply (:P): I copied that before posting it (GOG always had a bad history of messages not posted or PMs never sent for me, so I always do the copy [CONTROL]+[C] to all my messages):

(quote_1499)
Keep downrepping me and i'll keep scamming people. Pure and simple. Your choice
(/quote)

Since when you cared about REP? You always lose it —like everyone else— when they do something "not nice" in the forums. And to be honest, you have done terrible things here for years. Stop doing that and you'll get your precious REP back...
Because he's interested in maintaining some decent rep for special occasions. ;-)
low rated
Best thing to do for rep is to frequent the game specific forums of games you have played extensively. Frequently people have questions and answering them quickly and accurately gives you something like 5 rep for being marked as the solution.
Klumpen0815: One of those "veterans" was one of the guys that never bought a game here, got everything via gifting and uploaded GoG-files to torrent sites actually (confirmed by himself in the end). Many people here will know who I'm talking about.
So relying on rep alone can be dangerous.
Uhm, you're agreeing with me right? It's hard to say on forums, but was actually my point with build trust with posts/discussions. And yes, i'm relatively new here but i remember that case.
RWarehall: Best thing to do for rep is to frequent the game specific forums of games you have played extensively. Frequently people have questions and answering them quickly and accurately gives you something like 5 rep for being marked as the solution.
Never worked for me. Sometimes people mark posts like "no, there is no solution" as the solution and if you post the real one afterwards, you get nothing.
Last time many people posted the solution, I was the first one, but didn't get it either.

I actually got most downreps by speaking out against regional pricing and misandric feminism and negatively critizing games others seem to like a lot. Without those I'd be at approximately 350.

Cyraxpt: Uhm, you're agreeing with me right?
Yep.
Post edited October 25, 2014 by Klumpen0815
Even if you don't get marked as the solution, it's a good way to get uprepped as opposed to just making random posts.
Grargar: Once you downrep someone's post, you have an option to report him for spam. If this is done by many people, it will send the post in one of Jigsaw's death traps.
HypersomniacLive: Which shouldn't be done, imho, for two reasons:
- Posts from known/ admitted scammers are not spam, in the traditional meaning, and
- Getting them deleted, does no one any favours, and it's harder for newer members to become aware of the scammers.

So, down-vote them to make them stick out and render the scammer untrustworthy to "trade" or to be gidted, but don't report them as spam because this way they fall off the grid which is doing him a favour essentially.

Azrael360: snip
(quote_1499)
Keep downrepping me and i'll keep scamming people. Pure and simple. Your choice
(/quote)
snip
HypersomniacLive: Because he's interested in maintaining some decent rep for special occasions. ;-)
I assume that when the post gets deleted it also takes away the rep points ever gained from posting it - thus down repping then reporting as spam reduces more rep faster iirc. But I could be wrong.

BTW, the game forums work the same in terms of rep or do they have a separate rep system?
RWarehall: Best thing to do for rep is to frequent the game specific forums of games you have played extensively. Frequently people have questions and answering them quickly and accurately gives you something like 5 rep for being marked as the solution.
edit: I guess that one answered my question :)
Post edited October 25, 2014 by BlackThorny
low rated
phaolo: Hey but couldn't GOG do something like this:
1- users with at least N non-free purchases get a "verified" icon (or something, like bronze-silver-gold-platinum status).
2- GOG stores the credit card name+codepart as an unique encrypted ID to identify each person (possible?).
3- we trade (and do GAs) only with verified users and, if they're scammers, GoG bans all accounts that use such IDs (+ legal action?).

This would make fake account creation for scamming purposes a bit harder too.
I don't know if this is possible at all, but it was an idea on the fly that I wanted to share lol.
I'll bump this idea, even if it would need GoG modifications.
The first point wouldn't be that difficult to implement, though (maybe it could simply show the purchased games number).
Post edited October 25, 2014 by phaolo
The problem is with stored financial data. I don't think GoG will ever do that. It opens up a lot of liability. I do think non-free game count could have meaning. Exposes alt accounts.

On the other hand, a lot of this isn't even GoG's problem. Most of it is Valve/Steam and how you can't verify who redeemed your codes with the exception of a small handful of Steam code distributors such as IndieGala.

Now, if only Steam would allow you to turn an extra code into a Steam Gift, one could use the existing in-Steam trading system to ensure a fair transaction.

Edit: Corrected...
Post edited October 26, 2014 by RWarehall
RWarehall: ...such as Humble Bundle.
Don't you mean IndieGala? - Don't rememeber Humble having an option to see who redeemed a link or code.
low rated
RWarehall: ...such as Humble Bundle.
Sachys: Don't you mean IndieGala? - Don't rememeber Humble having an option to see who redeemed a link or code.
Think you are right, humble you can only check if it's already redeemed which is partially useful.