It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

amund: I see very little difference between re-trading a gift and re-trading a game from a trading agreement. In both situations you are assuming the person that gets it will actually use it for themselves unless it has been agreed on in advance that it's ok to give away, trade it for something else etc.

Another problem is that you don't know, regardless if it's a gift or a trade, what the person will do with it. They could take it and then make money by selling keys on other sites which is not allowed on GOG. In my opinion re-trading is not ok for these reasons.

I think people that do this should be in the wiki so that gifters/traders can make their own decision if they want to exclude the person or not. Otherwise, like for myself, there can be some unpleasant surprises.
apehater: amund you are an asshole
I'm sorry to hear you feel that way.
madth3: Ok, I reread that post of yours a couple of times and I'd like to get the vote of more people on this. Re-trading traded games is in general not a crime in my personal opinion.
Maybe Amund offered a fair price and got angry when Apehater re-sold the keys?
He should have immediately checked them and told him, however.

I am not sure what to think about this, probably it's best to avoid reselling.
I'm curious about other people comments and Apehater's opinion too.

EDIT: ninja'd XD
Post edited October 12, 2014 by phaolo
Let's avoid ad hominem posts here, either make your rebuttal constructive or don't reply at all. This doesn't help your case.
low rated
amund: I'm sorry to hear you feel that way.
i will pm soon mad with links and uploaded pics that proofs that all your accusations are just that i traded a game from you and retraded it without inform you about the retrade. and this has nothing to do with scamming or bad behaviour in any way. its not part of the rules in the trading thread and it wasnt even stated as a rule in your offering post!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

this is a fucking witch hunt!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Post edited October 12, 2014 by apehater
Dude chill out... at least you could say why you think he's an asshole.
amund: I was trading games with him, I gave him a GOG game that he re-traded with someone else. It wasn't a gift. Second time was that I traded a few XCOM games with him and then found out he was asking for these same games in a gifting thread just a few days later.
madth3: Ok, I reread that post of yours a couple of times and I'd like to get the vote of more people on this. Re-trading traded games is in general not a crime in my personal opinion. And grabbing the freely given games is not nice but if we want to point this behaviour the list would be much longer than just adding apehater.

Added new names and post by HypersomniacLive to the list.
I don't believe we should be a morality police. I agree some behaviour patterns not are as nice as some of us might want, but I believe we should stick to the really clear cut cases where someone has clearly scammed or has acted against the stated rules of a transaction.

Did Amund require that the games he traded will not be further traded? If not, I don't think I would expect the other person to refrain from trading.
Similarly, I believe that if someone wishes his gift to be for personal use and not for trading, he should state it. Then if someone breaks the rule, he should be listed.

Basically, I see the list as one of scammers and liars, not of morally lacking and greedy people.
apehater: i will pm soon mad with links and uploaded pics that proofs that all your accusations are just that i traded a game from you and retraded it without inform you about the retrade. and this has nothing to do with scamming or bad behaviour in any way. its not part of the rules in the trading thread and it wasnt even stated as a rule in your offering post!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

this is a fucking witch hunt!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Naw dawg, this is a Witch Hunt.
Post edited October 12, 2014 by Ragnarblackmane
amund: I see very little difference between re-trading a gift and re-trading a game from a trading agreement. In both situations you are assuming the person that gets it will actually use it for themselves unless it has been agreed on in advance that it's ok to give away, trade it for something else etc.
You might be assuming that. I personally don't. I assume the opposite, unless some "restriction" has been mentioned, the noew owner can do as he pleases with the game.

I'm not the judge of who should be on the list or not. I've rechecked and after all that discussion last time, in the end mrmarioanonym did not added him to the list. So, unles more people thinks he should be there, it's off.
madth3: Ok, I reread that post of yours a couple of times and I'd like to get the vote of more people on this. Re-trading traded games is in general not a crime in my personal opinion. And grabbing the freely given games is not nice but if we want to point this behaviour the list would be much longer than just adding apehater.

Added new names and post by HypersomniacLive to the list.
mrkgnao: I don't believe we should be a morality police. I agree some behaviour patterns not are as nice as some of us might want, but I believe we should stick to the really clear cut cases where someone has clearly scammed or has acted against the stated rules of a transaction.

Did Amund require that the games he traded will not be further traded? If not, I don't think I would expect the other person to refrain from trading.
Similarly, I believe that if someone wishes his gift to be for personal use and not for trading, he should state it. Then if someone breaks the rule, he should be listed.

Basically, I see the list as one of scammers and liars, not of morally lacking and greedy people.
Agreed - with the exception of the part I've bolded - the fact is the majority of people gifting expect the gift to be redeemed and not used for trading - its not really a gift if given / taken the way you suggest - nothing more than a handout in such cases.

...and this thread is turning a little towards a bitchy witch hunt by the look of it folks.
Post edited October 12, 2014 by Sachys
Sachys: Agreed - with the exception of the fact the majority of people gifting expect the gift to be redeemed and not used for trading - its not really a gift if given / taken the way you suggest - nothing more than a handout in such cases.

...and this thread is turning a little towards a bitchy witch hunt by the look of it folks.
To be honest I'm just disappointed that apehater called someone an asshole who's doing nothing worse than bringing to light a potentially greedy forum member, who claimed he gave a key to his brother and lost his shit the last time his honesty was called into question, trying to distract the issue with his fears over the internet big brother.
Ragnarblackmane: To be honest I'm just disappointed that apehater called someone an asshole who's doing nothing worse than bringing to light a potentially greedy forum member, who claimed he gave a key to his brother and lost his shit the last time his honesty was called into question, trying to distract the issue with his fears over the internet big brother.
Agreed ^ ^
mrkgnao: I don't believe we should be a morality police. I agree some behaviour patterns not are as nice as some of us might want, but I believe we should stick to the really clear cut cases where someone has clearly scammed or has acted against the stated rules of a transaction.

I agree, despite the fact that I don't I like re-trading, and even less gift trading.
Maybe, to avoid these incidents, those few people who want to resell gifts\trades should state it themselves first.
phaolo: Maybe, to avoid these incidents, those few people who want to resell gifts\trades should state it themselves first.
+1
I don't always check to see if the games I offer for my giveaways have been redeemed by the winner, I just trust them, which can backfire.
Post edited October 12, 2014 by Ragnarblackmane
phaolo: Maybe, to avoid these incidents, those few people who want to resell gifts\trades should state it themselves first.
I think it's a very good idea. The problem is how to let those people (most of which are not particularly active forum members) know about it.