It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

BlackThorny: how did i end up in there? o.O
Spinorial posted a link to this thread here - http://www.gog.com/forum/general/gaming_deals_thread/post54427
Time to jump in and give my penny's worth of thoughts.
I wasn't fully aware of AcidFlux's present dominance in this thread until now, and I have actually just traded with him on Thursday/Friday.
I traded my Hitman: Absolution & Terraria for "his" Overlord II and Naval War: Arctic Circle.
Now, I don't mind or care what he does with the games I traded to him - he can redeem them, trade them, sell them, print out covers for them, cover them in jam and stroke them lovingly - they're his games.
But, I do mind if the games I received in turn has bad blood attached to them, so to speak.
If AcidFlux did trade with you for the aforementioned games and you're not happy with me being the ultimate receiver of the games, please PM me, and I'll try to work something out with you.

My thoughts on trading - always be up front about the reasons you want a game if it's not for yourself. FULL DISCLOSURE. If I trade with someone, and I'm trading for a game that someone else wants in exchange for a game I do want, I'll tell the first person I trade with, so that they can make an informed decision and refuse to trade if they wish. The world will not end if they do refuse! I'd also inform the second person where that game came from and that I have permission to trade it on.
I tend not to do this as it's hard work, running around PM'ing all and sundry. ;)

But, to trade a game you got in a GA is a definite no-no. You enter a GA for a game you want for yourself or not at all. You do not trade someone's gift away. It's disrespectful and rude. :(

With all of that said, I don't quite regard AcidFlux as a scammer. He just plays a little too fast and loose with the netiquette of trading.
I would trade with AcidFlux again if he was up front and honest about the provenance of the games he had to trade, and that he had the informed consent of people if he did trade for them. Otherwise, no.
i traded with Acidflux about a week or two back. Everything went smoothly.
While trading games won in giveaways is a bit questionable, it is not enough to warrant constant discussion or a normal place on this list. Maybe a notation, but not a full-blown place on the list.
Post edited February 04, 2015 by mrmarioanonym
BlackThorny: how did i end up in there? o.O
triock: Spinorial posted a link to this thread here - http://www.gog.com/forum/general/gaming_deals_thread/post54427
How does that make him a scammer?

I thought a scammer was someone who well.. scammed someone. from what I read he was looking for a swap.

This is a scam

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/11390318/eBay-buyer-scammed-into-paying-300-for-photo-of-Apple-MacBook.html

All the best
Cavenagh: How does that make him a scammer?
BlackThorny asked how did he end up in this thread - https://www.gog.com/forum/general/thanks_for_the_giveaways_giveaway/post41, not how did he end up on the scammer list. ;)
Getcomposted: Time to jump in and give my penny's worth of thoughts.
I wasn't fully aware of AcidFlux's present dominance in this thread until now, and I have actually just traded with him on Thursday/Friday.
I traded my Hitman: Absolution & Terraria for "his" Overlord II and Naval War: Arctic Circle.
Now, I don't mind or care what he does with the games I traded to him - he can redeem them, trade them, sell them, print out covers for them, cover them in jam and stroke them lovingly - they're his games.
But, I do mind if the games I received in turn has bad blood attached to them, so to speak.
If AcidFlux did trade with you for the aforementioned games and you're not happy with me being the ultimate receiver of the games, please PM me, and I'll try to work something out with you.

My thoughts on trading - always be up front about the reasons you want a game if it's not for yourself. FULL DISCLOSURE. If I trade with someone, and I'm trading for a game that someone else wants in exchange for a game I do want, I'll tell the first person I trade with, so that they can make an informed decision and refuse to trade if they wish. The world will not end if they do refuse! I'd also inform the second person where that game came from and that I have permission to trade it on.
I tend not to do this as it's hard work, running around PM'ing all and sundry. ;)

But, to trade a game you got in a GA is a definite no-no. You enter a GA for a game you want for yourself or not at all. You do not trade someone's gift away. It's disrespectful and rude. :(

With all of that said, I don't quite regard AcidFlux as a scammer. He just plays a little too fast and loose with the netiquette of trading.
I would trade with AcidFlux again if he was up front and honest about the provenance of the games he had to trade, and that he had the informed consent of people if he did trade for them. Otherwise, no.
The whole reason I brought up AcidFlux in the scammer thread is because he was lying and trying to get over on someone. If I gift you a game I don't care if you trade it away, it's a gift do with it what you want. But, when someone takes a game that has been gifted and tries to trade it as one they bought themselves at full price to get a better trade how is that not scamming someone? It's not that he tried to trade the game but that he tried to trade it as a game he bought at full price. Liars and cheats should be avoided, and if you enable them they will just continue being a liar and a cheat.
Cavenagh: How does that make him a scammer?
triock: BlackThorny asked how did he end up in this thread - https://www.gog.com/forum/general/thanks_for_the_giveaways_giveaway/post41, not how did he end up on the scammer list. ;)
Sorry I'm getting old [well that's my excuse anyway!]

all the best
trentonlf: snip
But, when someone takes a game that has been gifted and tries to trade it as one they bought themselves at full price to get a better trade...
How is this even possible? Anybody can see a game was gifted by someone else, unless they are totally blind redeeming (in which case they wouldn't be contacting anyone so it's a victimless crime), and if not blind, I can't find any reason to believe someone claiming something like,
"Yeah, I know I didn't actually buy this, but I payed the one that did buy, full price for it".
Why bother "paying full price"(whatever that may be? the worth in Steam games?) for a game he is trading? Not like one couldn't wait for a sale.
Post edited February 05, 2015 by BlackThorny
BlackThorny: How is this even possible? Anybody can see a game was gifted by someone else, unless they are totally blind redeeming (in which case they wouldn't be contacting anyone so it's a victimless crime), and if not blind, I can't find any reason to believe someone claiming something like,
"Yeah, I know I didn't actually buy this, but I payed the one that did buy, full price for it".
Why bother "paying full price"(whatever that may be? the worth in Steam games?) for a game he is trading? Not like one couldn't wait for a sale.
I have no idea why AcidFlux thought it was a good idea to try and pass it off as a game he bought himself, all I know is he did. Believe it or not it's up to you, all I care is that people are aware of his actions in case they want to trade with him.
mrmarioanonym: While trading games won in giveaways is a bit questionable, it is not enough to warrant constant discussion or a normal place on this list. Maybe a notation, but not a full-blown place on the list.
If that's the case, should craig_ethan_123 be on the list?
I am not a scammer
mrmarioanonym: While trading games won in giveaways is a bit questionable, it is not enough to warrant constant discussion or a normal place on this list. Maybe a notation, but not a full-blown place on the list.
madth3: If that's the case, should craig_ethan_123 be on the list?
it's been a while, what did he do?
mrmarioanonym: it's been a while, what did he do?
I'd swear I had answered this, sorry.

http://www.gog.com/forum/general/known_scammers/post1271
I think people became a lot more lenient with scammers lately.
Wait a minute. So craig_ethan_123 did it once and for that he has been in the list for months, but AcidFlux did it multiple times and he's not? o_O

Yeah, totally fair... :P /sarcasm
Post edited February 11, 2015 by Azrael360