It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

low rated
I'd say John_M is a Wakalo alt.

At the same time, I worry about deepquickhunter. Why does he always seem to be online the same time as Wakalo alts? He always seems to be ready to call them out (and anyone else new for that matter). I think he's probably Wakalo messing with us because the only posts I can find are him exposing Wakalo accounts...
RWarehall: I'd say John_M is a Wakalo alt.

At the same time, I worry about deepquickhunter. Why does he always seem to be online the same time as Wakalo alts? He always seems to be ready to call them out (and anyone else new for that matter). I think he's probably Wakalo messing with us because the only posts I can find are him exposing Wakalo accounts...
Pretty much my reaction. He's probably included some of his own alts and some innocent bystanders in his accusations.
Deepquickhunter: Me and Wakalo alt? ......ok guys. I quit this hunting mission. Have fun with Wakalo......
To be honest, why are you so concerned about 'wakalo'? You joined in october right? Why do you know so much about him?

I myself am just learning.
Post edited October 30, 2014 by epixunum
Deepquickhunter: Wakalo alt ......ok guys. I quit this witchhunt. Have fun with me......
fixed it for you.
i saw through you immediately.
Post edited October 30, 2014 by mrmarioanonym
Here's a question - suppose there are no Wakalo alts anymore (don't care why, he may as well have been arrested and in jail atm),
Do we really want more people taking games and NOT doing anything else?
I'm not saying miss-trust anyone new, I don't say always limit giveaways by rep and activity as Everybody was new at some point.
But I do say that if all a new user does is take games and post in threads in order to do so, I'm not sure I want him to be taking advantage of this community. Anybody can do as he wishes, but once spotted, The Least one of the spotted ones should do is reply to the accusation, The best would be to actually participate in any other discussions to prove wrong.
If none of this happens it means he doesn't take part so he shouldn't be allowed to take games either.
And this should be a ground rule no matter what - to discourage those that only want to take and encourage Newcomers that are willing to participate as less (I suppose not everybody will limit and pay attention) will be netted but those that don't.
Deepquickhunter: Wakalo alt ......ok guys. I quit this witchhunt. Have fun with me......
mrmarioanonym: fixed it for you.
i saw through you immediately.
Yeah I don't like pointing fingers at all but it crossed my mind a few times too... Also such a recent join date, lurking in giveaway threads and downrepping and accusing and not much else...Not a good way to enter a community.
Deepquickhunter: Me and Wakalo alt? ......ok guys. I quit this hunting mission. Have fun with Wakalo......
That hurts?
"deepquickhunter"'s posts are gone

he thinks he's smart, but let's see:

deepdig = wakalo

justaquickie = wakalo

hunter= self-explanatory

also he made himself so suspicious, it's obvious he's resorted to pointing fingers at others (he tried it with me on a deleted post a few days ago as justaquickie, i joined way before his earliest known account and have NEVER scammed a person and NEVER would)
This list could be maybe grouped in alert tiers based on proofs and notifications from trustworthy members.

Anyway, I quite feel that this battle is hopeless.
That scammer dude can easily create any number of accounts, uprep himself or just add a random posts each day or downrep and troll everyone else.

Without a real identification method from GoG, we can't do much : (
I think it's pretty obvious, that Deepquickhunter is just an alt of one of the regular members here. It could be that it's a scammer's alt to mess with people, but in my opinion that's unlikely. Not much to gain in pointing at new accounts indulging in giveaways. It's rather a member who got fed up with key scamming due to multi-accounts, but doesn't want to use his main account to speak out. Who resents him doing so? All he can gain is heavy downrepping by the very same multis. The question is, whether pointing fingers is the right thing to do here or does it more harm then good?
It has already hit new members that I don't take for scammer alts, but on the other hand I think he's right on spot with some other accounts. Although I don't like the limitation of giveaways, Sachys and foxworks do have a point in stating that dumping threads feed the trolls. While it's convenient to have a regular place for these things, it makes it very easy for scammers. However, don't forget, that it's also these dumping threads that makes it very easy to spot some of them and that's a good thing.
Post edited October 31, 2014 by DeMignon
DeMignon: I think it's pretty obvious, that Deepquickhunter is just an alt of one of the regular members here. It could be that it's a scammer's alt to mess with people, but in my opinion that's unlikely. Not much to gain in pointing at new accounts indulging in giveaways. It's rather a member who got fed up with key scamming due to multi-accounts, but doesn't want to use his main account to speak out. Who resents him doing so? All he can gain is heavy downrepping by the very same multis. The question is, whether pointing fingers is the right thing to do here or does it more harm then good?
It has already hit new members that I don't take for scammer alts, but on the other hand I think he's right on spot with some other accounts. Although I don't like the limitation of giveaways, Sachys and foxworks do have a point in stating that dumping threads feed the trolls. While it's convenient to have a regular place for these things, it makes it very easy for scammers. However, don't forget, that it's also these dumping threads that makes it very easy to spot some of them and that's a good thing.
IMO it's more likely that it's the scammer's alt. He wants attention and it's easier for him to get attention by "hunting" himself and/or others.

If it was a regular member, it wouldn't make much sense for him to be using an alt. Yeah, he could get derep'd.. but I don't think that's enough of a reason to make an alt just for that.
Post edited October 31, 2014 by spoderman
I know I nearly got scammed on steam too!
spoderman: If it was a regular member, it wouldn't make much sense for him to be using an alt. Yeah, he could get derep'd.. but I don't think that's enough of a reason to make an alt just for that.
I agree. Especially since rep is quite meaningless for the regulars. If one is active in the forum it accumulates on it's own over time. Sure, some malicious downrepping campaign can decrease rep a bit, but who cares? 100 rep more or less don't make any difference.
RWarehall: Kinda the same thing with advancedhero

Thread here where he is given Witcher 1 talking about how much he will love to play it (June 17)
http://www.gog.com/forum/general/dungeon_keeper_and_the_witcher_giveaway

Posts here claiming "a friend gave him another copy" and he has one for trade (June 20)
http://www.gog.com/forum/general/gogs_general_trading_thread/post253
http://www.gog.com/forum/general/trading_for_a_copy_of_bg_2

Post same day claiming its "GONE" (June 20)
http://www.gog.com/forum/general/gogs_general_trading_thread/post264

Post trying to trade Witcher 1 again (July 14)
http://www.gog.com/forum/general/a_humble_trade

For someone who didn't know it was given for free, how does he run across so many copies?
I'm assembling the list of scammers in my LAGTAG thread and saw advancedhero here, who I had no idea was on the list. I just reviewed all of these posts and do not see any indication of scamming.

He won a game. Yay!
A friend gave him a game, so he want to trade it.
He trades the game.
He gets another copy of The Witcher from someone (which is easy, they're everywhere).
Then he tries to trade it again.

I see no indication of scamming at all. Can anyone enlighten me?

EDIT: To clarify, advancedhero participated in my NWN treasure hunt, turned down several games so others would have a chance at them (including a copy of The Witcher :D), played very nicely and I had no problems with him whatsoever. He should have no been allowed in b/c he was on this list, but upon my review of the list, I didn't see him no it.

EDIT 2: I see in the time stamp that 3 days later after winning The Witcher in a giveaway, he was attempting to trade a copy of The Witcher. I doubt anyone can confirm it was the same copy, but I see where the suspicion lies. I'll add him to my list, but I hope he can get a second chance. He seems to be a decent guy, but I understand to be leery. I though lugum was a nice guy, too, after all!
Post edited October 31, 2014 by Tallima
low rated
Ohkay... I really don't want to do this, but I guess I'll finally come out of my dark lair. Hopefully we can talk like regular people.

When it came to the Witcher, I was being 100% honest. I think I may have re-traded a few games, but I was never told otherwise. Now, the ugly part. I think it was in May when I made up a lie to try to get a game I wanted. I said that someone stole the key without returning it, and was hoping someone would gift it to me in pity. I think that is so stupid. I mean, you have to believe me, I was so greedy, but I have abstained! I stopped all of my shenanigans since late Sept.
My intention WAS NEVER to steal any money from anyone. I would never sell codes or anything like that. I know this is no excuse, but I am only a highschooler, and I do a lot of irrational things, but I learn! I was really happy for myself, because I at least thought I changed the way I acted in the forums. I just want everyone to know that I made some mistakes, but I was never trying to be on the level of justaquickie, or anyone else! I wasn't trying to hurt others. Sure, yes, I was using my freed at other's expence to try o get a game, but I never got that game! I have stopped, and tried to help others, and I know it will take time to convert you all, but I am trying to be a good person. I hope that I can talk with all of you, and not just get scorned behind me. I just want to learn. And thank you Tallima, and many others for helping me, and understanding. I hope your efforts are not in vain, and I can uphold your regards.