It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

AWG43: I'd be glad to see Kingdoms of Amalur here too. Because the price on Steam for this game is insane:
https://steamdb.info/app/102500/
nightcraw1er.488: If the game came it’s most likely to be more expensive! Not sure where this idea that gog is cheaper came from?
i belief about 50% of the gamingpopulation is equiped with the meaning that games in overal should be cheaper then anything else.
how often i witnessed questions such as "why is this game still 60 euro's " ( rome II for example ) discussion about dlc for dlc and other similar aimed questions....
i'm not sure if this is a question of monkey see monkey does by minors translating elder discussion about a serious topic or a reflection of their own monetairy state which in all honesty is certainly not my business but it does make one wonder ;)
nightcraw1er.488: If the game came it’s most likely to be more expensive! Not sure where this idea that gog is cheaper came from?
AWG43: I could agree with you, but only if other EA games on GOG and Steam would have the same price tag.

For example:
Dead Space on GOG - $13.79
Dead Space on Steam - $26.21 (+31.13% higher than a base price in US).
Took me about a minute to find a cheap key seller for that game. To note it’s on sale at the moment though so exact price matches are not correct, I don’t expect many but full price.
Well, not interested in Dead Space. It was just an example of unfair pricing of EA games. Also this thread is not that old.

OK, I see you guys don't get it. Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning is heavily overpriced in Steam. If you know where to buy it cheaper than $26.30, just share the information.
AWG43: If you know where to buy it cheaper than $26.30, just share the information.
It's probably from there that shall not be named because it's just a stolen key reseller.
AWG43: I could agree with you, but only if other EA games on GOG and Steam would have the same price tag.

For example:
Of course it's 30% higher on Steam...b/c they (EA) are probably compensating for the 30% fee of Steam for those that have to have it there; and/or hoping people will just buy their version on Origin (for 100% of the sale to EA).

UbiSoft is known for pulling stunts like that: over-price Steam version (b/c of Valve's 30% cut) and make other versions cheaper.

Dead Space 1 for the Origin version is currently $2 on Amazon digital store:
https://www.amazon.com/Dead-Space-PC/dp/B0019C4MU2/ref=sr_1_1?dchild=1&keywords=dead+space+pc&qid=1591629573&sr=8-1

That's like rental pricing. Easily worth that.

If you are tolerant of Origin, Steam, and other services - I'd say: "buy" it cheap there on Amazon just to get the Origin version and go play it....and then buy it dirt-cheap on GOG when there's a good sale, if you need/want a DRM-FREE copy of it.

EDIT:
Oh, Dead Space 1 is $5 on GOG right now. That's easily worth that, especially if you need a DRM-FREE copy of that.
Post edited June 08, 2020 by MysterD
rjbuffchix: Really hope this game makes it here, original, new version, either way.
I hope both versions come here to GOG without any DRM.

I always hope for games to hit GOG, so the DRM's pulled and/or any long-standing fixes could be done - i.e. see GOG fixing the Saboteur's map issues on high resolutions so it displays everything properly.

For example:
MysterD: Of course it's 30% higher on Steam...b/c they (EA) are probably compensating for the 30% fee of Steam for those that have to have it there; and/or hoping people will just buy their version on Origin (for 100% of the sale to EA).

UbiSoft is known for pulling stunts like that: over-price Steam version (b/c of Valve's 30% cut) and make other versions cheaper.

https://www.amazon.com/Dead-Space-PC/dp/B0019C4MU2/ref=sr_1_1?dchild=1&keywords=dead+space+pc&qid=1591629573&sr=8-1

If you are tolerant of Origin, Steam, and other services - I'd say: "buy" it cheap there on Amazon just to get the Origin version and go play it....and then buy it dirt-cheap on GOG when there's a good sale, if you need/want a DRM-FREE copy of it.

EDIT:
Oh, Dead Space 1 is $5 on GOG right now. That's easily worth that, especially if you need a DRM-FREE copy of that.
Dude...
AWG43: not interested in Dead Space
There is nothing wrong if the company want to cover the 30% cut, but take a look at this price charts:
and this:
https://steamdb.info/app/102510/

While the base game is +31.58% in price, the Legend of Dead Kel DLC is -36.34% in Ukraine. Come on guys, you don't have to be quantum physicists to see that there is something wrong with prices.
Post edited June 08, 2020 by AWG43
MysterD: Of course it's 30% higher on Steam...b/c they (EA) are probably compensating for the 30% fee of Steam for those that have to have it there; and/or hoping people will just buy their version on Origin (for 100% of the sale to EA).

EDIT:
AWG43: Dude...
AWG43: not interested in Dead Space
AWG43: There is nothing wrong if the company want to cover the 30% cut, but take a look at this price charts:
and this:
https://steamdb.info/app/102510/

While the base game is +31.58% in price, the Legend of Dead Kel DLC is -36.34% in Ukraine. Come on guys, you don't have to be quantum physicists to see that there is something wrong with prices.
That's nothing new w/ EA (or other companies like Bethesda and UbiSoft) over-pricing Steam-versions of games and then also over-pricing DLC's at Premium pricing.

EA has been doing Premium Pricing w/ BioWare Points on games like ME2, ME3, and DA2 - in which BW Points rarely went on sale. They finally got rid of BW Points and now have DLC Packs for those games, but those packs still are pricey.

EA has before used the strategy to cheap-out the base-game (to really low prices), hoping you buy that base-game; get hooked; and then you buy their expensive DLC's, Season Passes, BioWare Points, DLC Packs, or whatever.
Post edited June 08, 2020 by MysterD
I was hoping for at least fair regional pricing. Paying $26.30 in Ukraine compared to U.S. price ($19.99) is way too much.
Post edited June 08, 2020 by AWG43
AWG43: I was hoping for at least fair regional pricing. U.S. price $19.99 compared to $26.30 in Ukraine is way too much.
Heck, I wasn't even thinking of regional pricing!

Besides all of the other mess of pricing issues on DLC's at Premiums costs and Steam-versions getting premium costs - yeah, regional pricing's probably a major factor too.
A release date has been set for Sep 8. They're also working on an expansion to the game. No other details announced for that yet other than a possible release sometime next year..

There's no mention of GOG, but I would be surprised if it didn't come here. Out of curiosity, I checked Nordic's other recent releases on their official sites and noticed no mention of GOG anywhere either for Desperados 3, Destroy All Humans, or SpongeBob. *shrug*
Post edited July 07, 2020 by Mr.Mumbles