It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

sanscript: The Ice Road (2021)

Yep, Neflix delivered another one.
It might be on Netflix, but I don't think it was made by Netflix. Depending on where you are it's also being distributed by Amazon Prime.

Anyway, it's a pity it it's really bad, but I'll have to check it out for myself once it's on DVD. I don't miss Neeson's action/ thriller movies, and while there are some duds (Run All Night), they mostly turn out well, sometimes even very well. Non-Stop was a ton of fun, Cold Pursuit is a great movie by any measure, even The Commuter was good and tense, flaws notwithstanding.
Breja: It might be on Netflix, but I don't think it was made by Netflix. Depending on where you are it's also being distributed by Amazon Prime.
Ok. I don't have Netflix or AP, but I might have remembered or read something wrong on the IMDB page... [EDIT: Neflix "bought" the movie for 18mil which is just as bad :)]

But yes, even though I'm much more skeptical to new movies these days (in most cases I just don't bother to try because I know, just like many developers, they're pretty lazy when it comes to the scripts/writing), I was pretty disappointed again. At some point he's just doing like Cage just to grab hold on something when they're stuck. Not that I trust IMDB's rating much, still, had hoped for more at 5.5. Haven't watched anything with him since Taken 3, which, ironically I was a little taken by.
Post edited July 06, 2021 by sanscript
sanscript: Not that I trust IMDB's rating much, still, had hoped for more at 5.5
I don't either, but 5.5 is sure is gonna be a terrible movie.

To me, the lowest _suggested_ note is 7.0. Yeah... I have missed several good movies ranked 6.0+ but not so many compared to the bunch universe of bad movies happily avoided :)

Bye the way, could you suggest please some notable movies/series from Norway? Thanks in advance
sanscript: Not that I trust IMDB's rating much, still, had hoped for more at 5.5
cryware: I don't either, but 5.5 is sure is gonna be a terrible movie.

To me, the lowest _suggested_ note is 7.0. Yeah... I have missed several good movies ranked 6.0+ but not so many compared to the bunch universe of bad movies happily avoided :)
If you really choose what to watch based on IMDB's rating, you're doing the whole "watching movies" thing wrong. There's lot's of great stuff below their 7, there's lots of terrible crap above.
cryware: Bye the way, could you suggest please some notable movies from Norway?
Elling (2001, trailer: https://youtu.be/btjxo-JbqOU?t=15)

Kraftidioten (2014, trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J1-Fm3xx6gw)
(English title: "In Order Of Disappearance" - the same director shot a remake for the US in 2019, starring Liam Neeson, called "Hard Powder")

En ganske snill mann (2010, trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OqPnwCQi0VM)
(English title: "A Somewhat Gentle Man")

Død snø (2009, trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MoIyWsK9k4Q)
(English title: "Dead Snow")
Breja: If you really choose what to watch based on IMDB's rating, you're doing the whole "watching movies" thing wrong. There's lot's of great stuff below their 7, there's lots of terrible crap above.
Offer as many examples as possible please (about the great stuff of course, the junk can remain forgotten)
BreOl72: ...
Note taken. Thank you BreOl72
Post edited July 07, 2021 by cryware
A couple of bad apples (to me), both on N:

-Armed to the Teeth (2018)
Did not finish it. 25 minutes talking and talking about the private lifes of 2 honor students did not create empathy but honest boredom. Add to the mix the slow rythm and the useless shots. My guess: they did not have enough/interesting info about the case.

-Series - Iron Man: Armored Adventures
Aborted on S1E4: This trend to transfer stories to the teen age (maybe to attract the young people living that exact period?) is not my thing nor my age. Maybe I need to reformulate my picks and start looking for stories on the decline age (well... The Kominsky Method wasnt my thing either!)
Breja: If you really choose what to watch based on IMDB's rating, you're doing the whole "watching movies" thing wrong. There's lot's of great stuff below their 7, there's lots of terrible crap above.
cryware: Offer as many examples as possible please (about the great stuff of course, the junk can remain forgotten)
Just off the top of my head

The Keep (5.7) - on of my favorite films ever. Directed by Michael Mann (of The Heat and Last of the Mohicans fame) and starring Ian McKellen, Jurgen Prochnow and Gabriel Byrne and with fantastic soundtrack by the band Tangerine Dream, this is a wonderfully eerie, moody, dreamlike dark fantasy film about nazi soldiers occupying an ancient haunted castle-like structure. It has some B-movie vibes, but to me it's a genuinely magical film. It actually takes what could have been a B-movie and makes it into a movie with something to say.

Mio in the Land of Faraway (6.4) - a wonderful, touching, beautifully sad fantasy film, an adaptation of one of great novels by Astrid Lindgren.

The Postman (6.1) - some hate it, I love. It's Kevin Costner's great, long post-apocalyptic epic. It's not a perfect film, but it's sheer scope and ambition are impressive, and it stands tall as one of the few unapologetically optimistic post-apocalyptic films out there.

The Kid Who Would Be King (6.0) - if anyone likes the kid adventure films of the 80s, the Goonies and Explorers and the like, this is a must. Much more clever than Harry Potter and its various clones, it's a great little adventure with fantastic music, lots of heart, minor but crucial performance from Patric Stewart, and in one scene it expresses perhaps my favorite take on the King Arthur legend ever.

Slaughterhouse Rulez (5.3) - if you likes horror-comedy films like Evild Dead, this one's for them. Michael Sheen, Simon Pegg, Nick Frost, Margot Robbie (though she literally phones in her performance) and most of all Asa Butterfield, who is absolutely superb here. Overall, the movie is by no means deep or revolutionary, but its a ton of fun, and it knows exactly when to be heartfelt and when to be dumb.

Sahara (6.0) - a pure adventure film, with no ambition beyond that, but it's by far one of the best if not the best "Indiana Jones wannabe" I know. Great action, good cast, very good pacing, editing and direction, it's just tremendous fun.

Lifeforce (6.2) - a fascinatingly weird film. It's total B-grade shlock - a film about sexy naked vampire alien invasion - but everything about it is like a top-notch serious sci-fi film. The music by Henry Mancini is fantastic. The special effects still hold up as genuinely great. Everyone plays their roles totaly straight. I don't know if you'd call it a genuinely good film, but it's really unlike anything else.

And there's plenty more, I just have to actually go to sleep some time :D

Now sure, you may not like some of those films. Or any of them. But I'm sure you'd find plenty with 6 and 5 ratings you do like. Some you'd even love. It's important to take a chance at the less acclaimed stuff and make up your own mind.
Breja: Just off the top of my head
Of couse I will take a look of them (except the Postman I did not like it)
To me personal recommendations are always above any rating number elsewhere :)
Thank you and have a good one
When I first saw the movie Rocky, I fell in love with boxing. I didn't miss a single fight. I loved all parts of this movie, and I think it's a great movie about sports, motivation, and life values. And the last movie I watched was on 123 movies , it's called "Creed: The Legacy of Rocky" a great sequel to the Rocky movies.
cryware: Bye the way, could you suggest please some notable movies/series from Norway? Thanks in advance
Well, frankly, there are zero series from Norway that are noteworthy... they're simply too few and too crappy. I'd suggest picking something from Germany, Sweden or UK, they know how to make good series'.

However, on the movie side (and adding to BreOl72 list) these are some of the better ones from Norway:

Trollhunter (2010)
Shipwrecked (1990)
Flåklypa Grand Prix - The Pinchcliffe Grand Prix (1975)
Kon-Tiki (2012)
Villmark (2003)
Max Manus: Man of War (2008)
Fools in the Mountains (1957)
De dødes tjern / Lake of the Dead (1958)
Telegrafisten (1993)
Døden på Oslo S (1990)
Pathfinder (1987)
Post edited July 11, 2021 by sanscript
I've watched some shows since the last film but the last film I watched was the live action Ghost in the Shell starring Scarlett Johansson. Trailer here.

Maybe it's because I'm not a huge anime fan (been really enjoying the Ghost in the Shell series as a whole, but not a whole lot other than that) but I actually really enjoyed it. It wasn't as good as Alita: Battle Angel or Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex but it was still quite a lot of fun and I found the plot a LOT easier to follow than the original animated film's plot. I mean, I enjoyed the original film (I watched it after seeing an episode of SAC_2045, which piqued my interest in the series) but I found myself quite lost in terms of the story. That wasn't the case in this film.

I also thought Scarlett did a great job as Major. The visuals were also exceptional. As a huge fan of Cyberpunk 2077, I really do believe that this film was the closest we'll get to a film set in R. Talsorian's Cyberpunk series until we get the anime and possible live-action show on Netflix down the road. I mean, the visuals literally felt like the game and this film both took place in Night City, that's how similar the visuals and vibes were.

So yeah, another great film that's expanding my love for the cyberpunk genre. Honestly speaking, I've found myself disagreeing with a LOT of anime fans lately, especially in regards to some aspects of the Ghost in the Shell series... but again, I'm not a huge fan of anime, I've just been enjoying a few of them lately so maybe that's it.

So, numeric rating... I'd say it was a solid 8.5/10. As I said, it wasn't as good as the original Stand Alone Complex show is, nor does it top Alita as my favorite anime-related film, but it was a lot better than I was led to believe.
Post edited July 11, 2021 by JakobFel
JakobFel: So yeah, another great film that's expanding my love for the cyberpunk genre.
Huh. One man's food is another man's poison and all that, I guess. Becaue I really hated it.
JakobFel: So yeah, another great film that's expanding my love for the cyberpunk genre.
Breja: Huh. One man's food is another man's poison and all that, I guess. Becaue I really hated it.
Meh, I guess part of it is the fact that I'm easily satisfied for the most part. I can be critical at times but I try my best to just find ways to enjoy most anything. That said, I realize that not everyone views things the same way so, as you put it, "one man's food is another man's poison."
Caveat
Well not bad... but shd have been better if they showed that ghost(women) more...
Story is.. a man(who lost his memory after an accident) got an offer from his old friend/owner to stay with his niece(mental girl) in a abandoned house on an island... but he'll slowly get to know that he's involved in her fathers death... she'll try to kill him but at the end he'll escape out of that house realizing that he actually tried to save her father and leaving his owner inside that base with a nice ghost.