It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Breja: Spider-Man 2- crap, though with some very cool scenes
StingingVelvet: Wha...? Still the best superhero movie if you ask me.
I really can't stand Maguire and Dunst, both are terribly miscast in my opinion. And I thought this movie also got Dock Ock all wrong. I mean, what even is this shit with the tentacles being self-aware and in control?

I think Raimi, who has made some fantastic movies across many genres before, really went to shit once he started working with huge budgets.
Breja: I really can't stand Maguire and Dunst, both are terribly miscast in my opinion. And I thought this movie also got Dock Ock all wrong. I mean, what even is this shit with the tentacles being self-aware and in control?
Hmm, sounds like loyalty to the comics stuff, which I couldn't care less about. As movies I think Spider-Man 2 and Burton/Nolan's Batman films are easily the best stuff in the genre. That's the opinion of a guy who never read a comic book in his life though. I did watch the 90's X-Men and Batman cartoons though!
Breja: But do we actually disagree about most of Marvel adaptations that are not from Marvel Studios? I ask, because I legit don't know. Just out of curiosity, let's do a very quick rundown (if you don't mind)
Sorry for the delay. I'm just copy/pasting your list with my thoughts bolded behind yours for comparison:

X-Men- very good meh
X2- freaking great meh
X-Men 3- garbage agreed
First Class- just meh never saw it
Days of Future Past- very, very good, though not flawless - agreed
Apocalypse- a huge letdown - thought it was okay
Wolverine Origins- highly entertaining garbage - I can go with that
Wolverine - ok I guess, but mostly just "meh" - agreed
Logan - truly great agreed
Fantastic Four - bad, but not quite terrible - terrible
Fantastic Four 2- bad, worse, and seriously how do you waste Galactus like this - agreed
Ang Lee's Hulk- I actually really like it - never saw it
Ghostrider - bad and boring - never saw it
Ghostrider 2 - horrible, but kinda hilarious - never saw it
Spider-Man- ok-ish, but I don't like the cast, and the Goblin's suit is horrible - I liked this one
Spider-Man 2- crap, though with some very cool scenes - liked this one as well, although not as good as the first
Spider-Man 3- oh god, why - agreed
Amazing Spider-Man- not great, but ok and my favourite Spidey movie - I liked it
Amazing Spider-Man 2- total, idiotic, moronic mess of plot-holes, cartoonish characters and aborted plot threads - basically agree, but for some reason enjoyed it nonetheless
Fant4stick- idiotic, wrong and just so boooooring - never saw it

So looks like we agree on more than we disagree here, with two or three that are 'sort of' agree/disagree'. Far more in agreement than with the Marvel Studios movies though, I think.
GR00T: So looks like we agree on more than we disagree here, with two or three that are 'sort of' agree/disagree'. Far more in agreement than with the Marvel Studios movies though, I think.
Definately. The first two X-Men seem to be the only ones where we seem to disagree strongly. I'd be curious to see what you think of the Ang Lee Hulk movie, since it seems to be a polarising one, but to be honest I'd probably have to rewatch it to be able to realy have a conversation about it. I remember liking it more than I remember the movie itself.
Post edited May 23, 2018 by Breja
Breja: Definately. The first two X-Men seem to be the only ones where we seem to disagree strongly. I'd be curious to see what you think of the Ang Lee Hulk movie, since it seems to be a polarising one, but to be honest I'd probably have to rewatch it to be able to realy have a conversation about it. I remember liking it more than I remember the movie itself.
At some point I should give it a look. I do like the Hulk as a character, and I'm doubly curious since you liked it.
Breja: Spider-Man- ok-ish, but I don't like the cast, and the Goblin's suit is horrible
Spider-Man 2- crap, though with some very cool scenes
Spider-Man 3- oh god, why
GR00T: Spider-Man- ok-ish, but I don't like the cast, and the Goblin's suit is horrible - I liked this one
Spider-Man 2- crap, though with some very cool scenes - liked this one as well, although not as good as the first
Spider-Man 3- oh god, why - agreed
I loved all three
*runs*
Been on a bit of a Fincher kick, catching up on a few of his films that I have yet to see...

Gone Girl
So much to enjoy about this one: the score is pretty great, the story was brilliantly twisted (with an ending that made me yell at the scream), and the fact that it was filmed a few hours from me certainly earns it some bonus points. But Rosamund Pike practically makes this movie. As much as I enjoyed the performances of Affleck and the rest of the cast, Pike's performance is pitch perfect for the character and especially jarring after really only seeing her in The World's End.

Zodiac
I'm honestly surprised this one isn't talked about more. Well realized in terms of the setting, brilliant performances from the leads (especially Gyllenhaal, whose character reminded me a bit of his role in Nightcrawler), and some really memorable scenes. I might consider this one better than Seven in some cases, and equal in others. Certainly an underrated film.

The Social Network
In all honesty, this one has been in my thoughts way more than I thought it would be. A great script, fantastic directing, a hypnotic score, brilliant scenes, and engrossing performances. As odd as it might sound, The Social Network might actually be my favorite Fincher film. Still need some time to think about that, but it is certainly up there.
Post edited May 25, 2018 by ljyoun
IT'S OFFICIAL!

TOP GUN 2! :D
tinyE: IT'S OFFICIAL!

It's been official for a while. And I'm so going to be there day 1 for it, although I don't really believe it will live upt ot the original. I jsut need to buy a "Because I was inverted" T-shirt first.

I'm not kidding here. I freaking love that movie. I'm a sucker for that 80s style it just radiates, and the music is fantastic.
Post edited June 01, 2018 by Breja
tinyE: IT'S OFFICIAL!

Breja: It's been official for a while. And I'm so going to be there day 1 for it, although I don't really believe it will live upt ot the original. I jsut need to buy a "Because I was inverted" T-shirt first.

I'm not kidding here. I freaking love that movie. I'm a sucker for that 80s style it just radiates, and the music fantastic.
I heard they were planning it for a while but I guess today Tom actually announced a director and production start date.
tinyE: I heard they were planning it for a while but I guess today Tom actually announced a director and production start date.
And that date is... today!
tinyE: I heard they were planning it for a while but I guess today Tom actually announced a director and production start date.
Breja: And that date is... today!
I just hope his ego doesn't start writing checks that his body can't cash!
Saw Deadpool 2, and I enjoyed it. Of course, it has an R rating for a reason (lots of violence, references to sex), but it does manage to be good, albeit a little strange.

There is, for example, a cute lesbian who seems to serve no purpose except to be cute. There's also jokes about other movies and some websites, and other things, but no joke I would find offensive; nice clean humor that isn't at the expense of anyone or any group.

So, I actually enjoyed this movie.
dtgreene: There is, for example, a cute lesbian who seems to serve no purpose except to be cute.
Are you talking about Negasonic Teenage Warhead?

What makes you think she's a lesbian?
dtgreene: There is, for example, a cute lesbian who seems to serve no purpose except to be cute.
tinyE: Are you talking about Negasonic Teenage Warhead?

What makes you think she's a lesbian?
The fact she's got a girlfriend in the second movie :D And I presume dtgreene was referring to that girlfriend as the the cute one who serves no purpose... which is pretty acurate, honestly.
Post edited June 01, 2018 by Breja