It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

It’s time to look at things from a different perspective. The latest Weekend Sale on GOG.COM features engaging isometric games. Get titles like Geneforge 1 - Mutagen (-30%), Divinity: Original Sin 2 - Definitive Edition (-60%), Lumo (-90%), and more with discounts up to 90% off.

We also invite you to check the Bethesda Publisher Weekend sale with deals for amazing action games like Prey (-60%), Dishonored: Complete Collection (-70%), The Evil Within 2 (-70%), Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus (-80%), and more.

Both sales run until 26th July 2021, 1 PM UTC.

Share our love for games? Subscribe to our newsletter for news, releases, and exclusive discounts. Visit the “Privacy & settings” section of your GOG account to join now!
high rated
MeowCanuck: If Bethesda hasn't shown interest in selling Skyrim on here and you assume game.theory assumptions, the reason why it's not on here is because they're still seeing an acceptable profit on Steam and their other platforms.
Unfortunately even if endlessly re-releasing new versions (Legendary, Special, VR) stopped being profitable, locking the game into Steam workshop / Creation Club "exclusive" integration has had a significant negative effect on portability with other stores.
Post edited July 25, 2021 by AB2012
MeowCanuck: If Bethesda hasn't shown interest in selling Skyrim on here and you assume game.theory assumptions, the reason why it's not on here is because they're still seeing an acceptable profit on Steam and their other platforms.
AB2012: Unfortunately even if endlessly re-releasing new versions (Legendary, Special, VR) stopped being profitable, locking the game into Steam workshop / Creation Club "exclusive" integration has had a significant negative effect on portability with other stores.
This is completely false... They have had their final patch levels hit and content is easily collected and sold as DLC if desired, the files work like any other mod. There are already unlockers and full mod packs for all "Creation Club" content on all games from Beth. In fact the cracked version of both Fallout 4 and Skyrim run supremely well and come with all content optionally during install. Outside of that once installed on legit copies no internet is required to work, not even a single auth or call home beyond downloading the files. There is even a switch in the game files to remove all the options from the menu so it looks like online functionality was never even part of the game.

The VR version of Skyrim especially would work wonderfully here as it officially does not support mods... which it actually does once you pack port the unofficial patch and the SKSE launcher ;)
Post edited July 25, 2021 by Starkrun
Starkrun: This is completely false... They have had their final patch levels hit and content is easily collected and sold as DLC if desired, the files work like any other mod. There are already unlockers and full mod packs for all "Creation Club" content on all games from Beth. In fact the cracked version of both Fallout 4 and Skyrim run supremely well and come with all content optionally during install.
The cracked version of many DRM-exclusive games 'run supremely well' but the fact they have to be cracked is exactly why they aren't sold on GOG. It's also hardly fair to compare pirated versions of games that bundle 100x unofficial mod packs with paid versions when Morrowind, Oblivion, FO3 & FO:NV sold here (or any store for that fact) don't come bundled with Unofficial Bug Fixes, DarnifiedUI, OBSE, OBMM, MGE XE, FOSE, etc, all pre-included.

The question isn't what effort pirate groups are willing to put in to 'repack' Steam paywalled mods, it's what Bethesda are willing to put in to formulate special curated "Steam Workshop DLC" just for GOG users, and if they were willing to put that much effort into their games in general then those "unofficial bug fixes" would be official patches in the first place... PCGW Entry for Skyrim SE = "All versions require Steam DRM" = someone wake me up when Bethesda (not pirate groups) remove that DRM themselves which is exactly what's required to sell on a DRM-Free store...
Post edited July 25, 2021 by AB2012
Almost exclusively new games ...... Just lol at these sales.
Ancient-Red-Dragon: That doesn't work in this particular situation, because most of the people who want those old Bethesda games on GOG have already bought them long ago, in the past, during one of the many other times that they have also been on sale.
These frequent sales help spread out my game purchases and better align me with my budget spending. I like knowing the general cost with the discounts when these promotions have their turn up and Gog and Bethesda likely target shoppers like myself. I'd like Prey and Wolf II, but wouldn't feel right buying both at the same time during this promotion. Fortunately, I know there will be future frequent sales and have a general idea of the discounted cost when those sales do resurface.

What I am sure Gog hopes for is a situation like I have in which I'd buy Quake IV for a discounted price, even though I have no interest or nostalgia for the title. I'd only like it since I have the others and don't mind throwing Gog a few dollars for their cut.
Ancient-Red-Dragon: That doesn't work in this particular situation, because most of the people who want those old Bethesda games on GOG have already bought them long ago, in the past, during one of the many other times that they have also been on sale.
seinmind: These frequent sales help spread out my game purchases and better align me with my budget spending.
I agree here, there's plenty of games I'd want but I can't buy them all at the same time, both for money - even if they are cheap, if I'd buy more of them the cost will add up - and backlog reasons - I prefer to try to play the games I have gotten in the Summer sales or earlier before getting more unless the new game would be a priority.
My problem with these sales, beside no new games is the uninspiring prices, when this money is not even going to the devs but to some CEO and shareholders.
Also, the last added game, the C. Keen collection, that some might have missed, is not on sale. Last time the Heretic/Hexen collection was not on sale. Is Bethesda experimenting with sales frequency to see how it moves customers to buy on the good occasion, not relying on the fact that the title will often be available at the discounted price, in order to push for the purchase? Or they are just lazy and don't bother to cure GOG sales?
Post edited July 26, 2021 by Dogmaus
fortune_p_dawg: SKYRIM!!2
NuffCatnip: Don't forget Fallout 4! :)
It's a shitty RPG, but mods make up for the lack of good writing. :D
i would be totally happy with fallout 4, even sans mods!
Dogmaus: Also, the last added game, the C. Keen collection, that some might have missed, is not on sale. Last time the Heretic/Hexen collection was not on sale. Is Bethesda experimenting with sales frequency to see how it moves customers to buy on the good occasion, not relying on the fact that the title will often be available at the discounted price, in order to push for the purchase? Or they are just lazy and don't bother to cure GOG sales?
I would like to think its strategic business marketing from both companies. Commander Keen and Hexen were somewhat recent additions to the catalog and it may be a request by the publisher and gog to see if they can still obtain higher revenue on these desirable additions. My wishful fantasy thinking is that there will be a commander Keen discount in celebration of Aliens Ate My Baby Sitter being released. Maybe Doom 2016 being released here will trigger an ID software celebration discount that will included Heretic/Hexen. Fun to dream and I respect Gog taking whatever financial steps needed in order to ensure their continued survival.
NuffCatnip: Don't forget Fallout 4! :)
It's a shitty RPG, but mods make up for the lack of good writing. :D
fortune_p_dawg: i would be totally happy with fallout 4, even sans mods!
That's fair. I enjoyed my first playthrough of Fallout 3 while exploring the world, I'll probably do the same in 4 and ignore the main quest. :)
Now all it has to do is release on gog. :P
fortune_p_dawg: i would be totally happy with fallout 4, even sans mods!
NuffCatnip: That's fair. I enjoyed my first playthrough of Fallout 3 while exploring the world, I'll probably do the same in 4 and ignore the main quest. :)
Now all it has to do is release on gog. :P
i wish