It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

babark: Hahah! Was this due to my thread?
Yeah :D
Bump again.

Starkrun: Lazy mans way of chatting

Steps to joining the IRC

Step1: http://webchat.quakenet.org/
Step2: Fill in GOG forum name
Srep3: Fill in #gog for room
Step4: click connect
Step5: Its AUTOMATIC baby... sit back relax and enjoy your complex free chatin' experience.
Or [url=http://cbe005.chat.mibbit.com/?url=irc://irc.quakenet.org/gog]fast connect to the channel via Mibbit[/url] for those heathens without a proper IRC client.
AndrewC: Bump again.

Starkrun: Lazy mans way of chatting

Steps to joining the IRC

Step1: http://webchat.quakenet.org/
Step2: Fill in GOG forum name
Srep3: Fill in #gog for room
Step4: click connect
Step5: Its AUTOMATIC baby... sit back relax and enjoy your complex free chatin' experience.
AndrewC: Or [url=http://cbe005.chat.mibbit.com/?url=irc://irc.quakenet.org/gog]fast connect to the channel via Mibbit[/url] for those heathens without a proper IRC client.
I think many would prefer if Gog implemented their own chatroom functionality.
Niggles: I think many would prefer if Gog implemented their own chatroom functionality.
Can't really say that I see an advantage in that except for having the same account on the forums as on chat.
Forum chat functionality would be easier for a lot more of the unsavvy (especially for those who dont really want to use IRC - no offence but last few times i went in that room there were like half dozen people sitting there)
Given the variety of topics in this forum why exactly would one use IRC for this site?
tinyE: Given the variety of topics in this forum why exactly would one use IRC for this site?
Banter without creating a thread which might never be touched ?
There was also good number of inquiries why gog had no chat facility during the insomnia sale ...
Post edited February 23, 2014 by Niggles
tinyE: Given the variety of topics in this forum why exactly would one use IRC for this site?
Exactly because of the lack of topics; the disccusion there has a different flow and speed, and there's also a large number of people who don't really check the forums anymore.
I don't know, the last time I used IRC I was constantly getting threatened and told off. Nothing that scared me mind you but shit, I can get that hanging out with my parents. I still don't know what an 'egg drop bot' is but it seemed every twenty minutes I was being threatened with one.
So, any offical response from gog regarding chat in browser that is tied to gog.com? (I don't think it would be a huge load on their servers, who knows)
Okay I'm in there now what? :P Do they serve punch & pie in IRC?
tinyE: Okay I'm in there now what? :P Do they serve punch & pie in IRC?
Thats generally what happens to IRC chatrooms which doesn't have a healthy population (not using it so no idea). A few mods sit in channel doing whatever.
gbaz69: So, any offical response from gog regarding chat in browser that is tied to gog.com? (I don't think it would be a huge load on their servers, who knows)
Zero.
Post edited February 23, 2014 by Niggles
tinyE: Okay I'm in there now what? :P Do they serve punch & pie in IRC?
Niggles: Thats generally what happens to IRC chatrooms which doesn't have a healthy population (not using it so no idea). A few mods sit in channel doing whatever.
gbaz69: So, any offical response from gog regarding chat in browser that is tied to gog.com? (I don't think it would be a huge load on their servers, who knows)
Niggles: Zero.
They are talking about how terrible the forums are, I assume this one? I logged off or I think I did. :P
HAHAHAHAHA :P
I haven't touched this thing in so long. Now that I have a new computer I think I'll reinstall, though I assume nobody's on the chat.