It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Using the technology of tomorrow to bring you the excitement of the yesteryear!

GOG.com proudly presents the next step in DRM-free retro-gaming: [url=http://www.gog.com/retromator4000]Retromator 4000, a universal nostalgifier for PC & Mac. Our software engineers are very close to producing a stable version, and we're very excited to finally be able to tell you about this revolutionary piece of software. Even more so, because very soon we'll be able to invite you to take part in public alpha testing of the app! (That is as soon as we get the 0.97a version up and running.*) We're glad that GOG.com users will be the first to take part in our next revolution. Or rather: re-evolution ;-)

Ok, but what's Retromator 4000, you might ask, and what does it do exactly? Without going into technical specifics of quantum-level digital retro engineering, let's just put it as simply as possible: it takes your modern current-gen games and turns them into retrotastic, beautifully pixelated classics or even text-based adventures from back in the time when graphics were an option, not a must. All because we know what GOG.com customers are all about--nostalgic gaming!

We've prepared a little [url=http://www.gog.com/retromator4000]preview[/url] of our fantastic app working its magic on three modern age classics: The Witcher, Alan Wake, and Dreamfall: The Longest Journey, so you can easily see the effect Retromator 4000 has on current-gen adventures, RPGs, and action games.

As we said, there's a public alpha version of the software coming towards you as soon as it's done, but there's still plenty of room for your suggestions and input. We would love to know how would you retromate your favorite game, so please--feel free to leave a mock-up screenshot or a piece of text-adventure in the comments below. There are 5 free games waiting for the authors of the best entries! One thing though, the Retromator 4000 will only be usable with DRM-free GOG.com games, so please limit your efforts to retromating only those.

Again, we're extremely happy to be able to introduce this new and exciting GOG.com feature. Please take a moment to see the preview, and maybe stay for the contest mentioned above!

*The estimated time of completion of the public alpha version is based heavily on fuzzy logic and quantum mechanics. In other words--we think that it might be done soon, but it just as well might take much, much longer. Also, in n-1 parallel universes, the Retromator 4000 is already available. The contest deadline is much more specific: Thursday, April 4, at 12:00 GMT.
Love the concept, let's see if I'll be able to make a suggestion for it :P
Man, this is hilarious hahahaha.
Have to be on a lookout today. :D
Man, what a day, what a day !

:D :D
LOL nice xD
Finally, I've been waiting for this moment my whole life! :D
lol xD
Anyway, it would be really cool if it were true.
hahahaahaha. nice one
Wonder what todays date is ;)
That's how life looks through my old eyes :D
This sounds too great, I would love to see the Sam & Max seasons with Hit the Road graphics : D

EDIT: D'oh, Aprils Fool LOL
Post edited April 01, 2013 by AmarKing
park_84: lol xD
Anyway, it would be really cool if it were true.
And there I was getting my card out ready to buy it.

Oh well :-)
I would love to put a CoD through this. I bet it just implodes from lack of content.

PS: Did April just damage the kitty? I thought those were immortal through their godly evasion stat.
Post edited April 01, 2013 by P1na
This sounds so good! I really can't wait for it! <3 and I will leave aside what current date today is because the date is just a date and this is a Retromator 4000! (The 4000 obviously shows it's fantastic!)
Warning: Do NOT use on old games, you might break the internet.