It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Find what you're looking for faster, easier, and with style.

As some of you have already noticed, today we launched an overhauled navigation system for GOG.com. The goal is simple: to make it faster, simpler, and better for you to explore our store and find what you're looking for.

Browsing our catalog has never been easier: mouse over the Store tab for a neat dropdown menu that contains ongoing sales, a detailed breakdown of our games categories, and several top-tier suggestions.
To bring our games closer to you, we've also made several improvements to our search engine, so locating the title you're after should be much more straightforward now. Those accessing our store through mobile will notice that these changes have dramatically improved their experience, as well.

But that's not all! If you want to reach Support, interact with the Community, or manage your Account, you'll find that the intuitive dropdown menus make for a much more fluid experience, saving you time that could be spent playing your favorite games!

Your account name and avatar are now clearly visible on top at all times, so you can tell at a glance if you're logged in and on which account. Last but not least, redeeming gift codes and switching between languages or currencies is now more readily available with no need to scroll to the bottom of the page.

Enjoy!
We're rolling out the new system step by step. Once everything is done, we'll let you know.
Heh...I got a notification ...and a bell :-P
tburger: Heh...I got a notification ...and a bell :-P
Yes, I see 41 notifications, and the tab title keeps flashing 41 on and off like a traffic light.

GOG: Will this actually include ALL updates, as the current system did not flag at least Dying Light update nor the Shadow Warrior one, don't know if there were others.
Post edited September 05, 2017 by nightcraw1er.488
is the bell still being installed because it's not working. :P

It tells me I have 50 notifications and it stays at 50.

EDIT, found the the clear all.

EDIT, and when I click clear all, it took it from 50 to 32. :P What does "all" mean?

And I just noticed something
EVERY ONE of these changes are taken directly from Discord. Even the icons are the same. The new PM, that's what Discord looks like, with the list and the empty circle with the avatar in it. Same.
Post edited September 05, 2017 by tinyE
HypersomniacLive: And clarifying if notifications for game updates will be provided on the website would be appreciated.
zakmckracken: As someone who relies on the web notifications for standalone installers and doesn't use Galaxy, I would like to show support for the continuation of this feature as well.

Changes are good and progress is inevitable, but please, GOG, don't forget about your original customer base - those of us who helped GOG move forward. Many people chose your service because we prefer DRM-free games that don't require a client or an internet connection to play.

It is apparent that a number of us are uncomfortable with the state of things and the direction GOG might be headed. I wouldn't bring this up were I not such a big fan of what GOG is and has been in the past. I don't want to see the company leave half of its patrons behind in favor of another market or business model that is incompatible with their/our needs.

Please retain the option for users to keep track of updates via the website. Please also continue to offer us standalone installers without GOG Galaxy packed into them. And please don't neglect updates for the standalone installers by focusing exclusively on Galaxy updates.

Thank you for allowing me a moment to express some concerns.
This. And that. And well, pretty much all of the above.
zakmckracken: [...] the company leave half of its patrons behind in favor of another market or business model that is incompatible with their/our needs. [...]
HypersomniacLive: The cynic in me says that, unfortunately, this is already underway.
The realist in me suspects, that GOG's new customers -- the people who don't mind DRM, web clients or in-app purchases -- probably far outnumber GOG's old, more traditional customer base. Or else they wouldn't go through with all these changes. Or maybe these new customers are simply more interesting ( as in: easier to please/ greater profit potential ) from a business perspective.

Either that, or this vehicle is heading straight for a cliff, and they're completely oblivious to it.
Post edited September 05, 2017 by CharlesGrey
Venom: We're rolling out the new system step by step. Once everything is done, we'll let you know.
I really hope one of the very next steps is making each individual notification have a href to the post it points to, so I can use basic browser features like middle-clicking the link. Right now, because of the fancy angular shizzle, that doesn't work.
Notifications, neat. Took a while, but cheers!
Venom: We're rolling out the new system step by step. Once everything is done, we'll let you know.
gogtrial34987: I really hope one of the very next steps is making each individual notification have a href to the post it points to, so I can use basic browser features like middle-clicking the link. Right now, because of the fancy angular shizzle, that doesn't work.
This, please!
It's only fair to acknowledge the team for keeping their word and bringing notifications back. I was among those who complained about the lack of notifications and requested their return, so now it's my turn to thank GOG.
I finally can use the forums properly again. Yay!
nightcraw1er.488: Yes, I see 41 notifications, and the tab title keeps flashing 41 on and off like a traffic light.

GOG: Will this actually include ALL updates, as the current system did not flag at least Dying Light update nor the Shadow Warrior one, don't know if there were others.
Nope, only "social" notifications.
For games we're still shit out of luck.
Please make the single announcements clickable (middle mouse button to open in new tab currently does not work) and removable from the list instead of just "Remove all". Then add notifications for game updates and everything is perfect :-P
tinyE: is the bell still being installed because it's not working. :P

EDIT, and when I click clear all, it took it from 50 to 32. :P What does "all" mean?

EVERY ONE of these changes are taken directly from Discord. Even the icons are the same. The new PM, that's what Discord looks like, with the list and the empty circle with the avatar in it. Same.
All means 18. :)

Apparently you can only show 50 notifications at a time. Clear all clears all visible notifications, and loads up the queue. You had over 80 notifications if I'm guessing correctly.

paladin181: Apparently you can only show 50 notifications at a time. Clear all clears all visible notifications, and loads up the queue. You had over 80 notifications if I'm guessing correctly.
Yeah, 80. 79 of which were threats. :P JOKE