It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Find what you're looking for faster, easier, and with style.

As some of you have already noticed, today we launched an overhauled navigation system for GOG.com. The goal is simple: to make it faster, simpler, and better for you to explore our store and find what you're looking for.

Browsing our catalog has never been easier: mouse over the Store tab for a neat dropdown menu that contains ongoing sales, a detailed breakdown of our games categories, and several top-tier suggestions.
To bring our games closer to you, we've also made several improvements to our search engine, so locating the title you're after should be much more straightforward now. Those accessing our store through mobile will notice that these changes have dramatically improved their experience, as well.

But that's not all! If you want to reach Support, interact with the Community, or manage your Account, you'll find that the intuitive dropdown menus make for a much more fluid experience, saving you time that could be spent playing your favorite games!

Your account name and avatar are now clearly visible on top at all times, so you can tell at a glance if you're logged in and on which account. Last but not least, redeeming gift codes and switching between languages or currencies is now more readily available with no need to scroll to the bottom of the page.

Enjoy!
BKGaming: I advocate for "borrowing" the forum software used by the gwent forum, and porting it over to here. Not that it is issue free, but it's more modern than this forum. :P
That's vBulletin 5. It comes with a hefty price tag. So much so that even EA stopped upgrading their installs after v3.
drmike: That's vBulletin 5. It comes with a hefty price tag. So much so that even EA stopped upgrading their installs after v3.
$250 (according to their website) is hefty for a company that profits millions?

I didn't know what they were running, never really checked... but there is always phpBB I guess if GOG is cheap. :P
Post edited August 10, 2017 by BKGaming
BKGaming: $250 (according to their website) is hefty for a company that profits millions?
Is for EA. :)

Kind you not. They really are still on v3.

You also have the addons like mobile support, tech support, etc. It's not just an initial outlay of $250.

The library here has their website blocked so I can't go digging for numbers. Have something running in the background so firing up the vpn isn't an option right now.
drmike: You also have the addons like mobile support, tech support, etc. It's not just an initial outlay of $250.
Yea I realize you can get addons, but GOG's website is barely usable as is on mobile, and they don't have a mobile app (though I hope that changes soon). They can probably get by with the basic package at least for now.
adaliabooks: Forum replies seem to work, though there was a slight delay (I saw the thread with the reply icon before the notification actually pinged in the menu bar)
elcook: Thanks for the feedback, and keep it coming.
No problem.
If you get a reply in a Gog news thread the bold tags aren't parsed. They should either be stripped or parsed properly to bold the text, leaving them in as tags doesn't look great.
Otherwise I really like the look of it, I'm looking forward to getting a game update to see what that looks like.
BKGaming: I advocate for "borrowing" the forum software used by the gwent forum, and porting it over to here. Not that it is issue free, but it's more modern than this forum. :P
drmike: That's vBulletin 5. It comes with a hefty price tag. So much so that even EA stopped upgrading their installs after v3.
The problem with vB isn't the price tag, it's the fact that Jelsoft sold it to a company that has it's head up it's arse.
elcook: Thanks for your patience, and if you're using GOG Galaxy, please let us know if new notifications work fine.
Sorry I clicked on it to soon before I realized the error so I couldn't grab a picture, but it looked like when I got a forum reply the notification spit out raw html numeric code for I guess the symbols that were in the title of the forum thread. It didn't properly display them as the symbol rather it displayed the raw html code.

It was this thread here: https://www.gog.com/forum/general/where_the_hell_is_thursdays_new_game
I've got two notifications from Barefoot Essentials in the browser for updated games but nothing is showing in Galaxy... is that intended?
elcook: Thanks for your patience, and if you're using GOG Galaxy, please let us know if new notifications work fine.
I got to say, getting a notification that I have wishlisted items on sale is pretty cool. I hope this is just the beginning and even more info will be added based on things happening within Galaxy and on GOG.com. :)
adaliabooks: I've got two notifications from Barefoot Essentials in the browser for updated games but nothing is showing in Galaxy... is that intended?
Yes, it is intended.
richlind33: The problem with vB isn't the price tag, it's the fact that Jelsoft sold it to a company that has it's head up it's arse.
I just go with my own personal experiences and the feedback and experiences of my clients. For them, it's price. *shrug*

We're getting off topic though....
adaliabooks: I've got two notifications from Barefoot Essentials in the browser for updated games but nothing is showing in Galaxy... is that intended?
Destro: Yes, it is intended.
Presumably we will get update notifications on the website for games though?
richlind33: The problem with vB isn't the price tag, it's the fact that Jelsoft sold it to a company that has it's head up it's arse.
drmike: I just go with my own personal experiences and the feedback and experiences of my clients. For them, it's price. *shrug*

We're getting off topic though....
I don't think people would mind the price very much if the product and support weren't so awful.
Destro: Yes, it is intended.
Not sure I understand the reasoning - is it because of the auto-update feature? But what about those that have it disabled?

And clarifying if notifications for game updates will be provided on the website would be appreciated.

Are you saying no option to get those exists on GOG Galaxy?
HypersomniacLive: Not sure I understand the reasoning - is it because of the auto-update feature? But what about those that have it disabled?
On Galaxy we get a different notification for games with disabled updates. When a game has an update, we get a blue dot next to the games name in the game list. This signifies an update is available for the game. It will remain until we manually update.

Though I think the new notification system could also be used and could provide more relevant information like the size of a pending update. For instance I don't mind downloading a 100 MB update, but something that is 5GB or something I would put off to later. It would be nice to get a notification containing this information.

HypersomniacLive: Are you saying no option to get those exists on GOG Galaxy?
I imagine they will keep it like it was with the old notifications. Standalone installer updates you will only get via the browser notifications and Galaxy updates will either show the blue dot if disabled or auto-download.