It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Find what you're looking for faster, easier, and with style.

As some of you have already noticed, today we launched an overhauled navigation system for GOG.com. The goal is simple: to make it faster, simpler, and better for you to explore our store and find what you're looking for.

Browsing our catalog has never been easier: mouse over the Store tab for a neat dropdown menu that contains ongoing sales, a detailed breakdown of our games categories, and several top-tier suggestions.
To bring our games closer to you, we've also made several improvements to our search engine, so locating the title you're after should be much more straightforward now. Those accessing our store through mobile will notice that these changes have dramatically improved their experience, as well.

But that's not all! If you want to reach Support, interact with the Community, or manage your Account, you'll find that the intuitive dropdown menus make for a much more fluid experience, saving you time that could be spent playing your favorite games!

Your account name and avatar are now clearly visible on top at all times, so you can tell at a glance if you're logged in and on which account. Last but not least, redeeming gift codes and switching between languages or currencies is now more readily available with no need to scroll to the bottom of the page.

Enjoy!
almabrds: Hahah, the first time that I saw that stripe, I moved my mouse cursor over it, because I though it was one of these sliding boxes that show text/image, that some websites have.
Kinda similar to the dropdown menus of the new bar, know what I mean?
What small font you talking about? The font is still the same, to me (or I need a new pair of glasses ._.).
Tannath: The font seems smaller to me, idk.
As for the stripe, you know what it reminds me of? Galaxy's "try me" bar. Same shade purple as far as I recall (blocked it looong ago).
Mwahahah, I eliminated that Galaxy ad, too. =P
But it seems they have removed it, in the forum visual update. I didn't find it.
I'm glad. ^^
BKGaming: Store -> browse all games -> Linux or MAC
Klumpen0815: This was possible before too but the dedicated links in the floating task bar are indeed gone. :(
You mean from the floating menu? Nah they are dedicated links you just have to hover with the mouse... see pic.
Attachments:
capture5.jpg (113 Kb)
Klumpen0815: This was possible before too but the dedicated links in the floating task bar are indeed gone. :(
BKGaming: You mean from the floating menu? Nah they are dedicated links you just have to hover with the mouse... see pic.
Oh, now it opens up.
That's nice, I take it back.
I just cannot find out how to search among GOGmixes :-( Also, there should be a date visible when the mix was last time edited.
Post edited April 28, 2017 by Themken
bhrigu: Just noticed that GOGDownloader still has notifications. :)
fishbaits: You mean galaxy?
No, the old pre-Galaxy download manager. I mentioned earlier that I found a reply to one of my posts whilst using it. :-) I don't know if you can still get it as they no longer support it.
tinyE: So does that mean you aren't getting any fucking notifications either? :P
Jemolk: Strangely, every single one of your posts on this thread, which seem rather innocuous and reasonable to me, are low-rated, while the post of the arse who told you to shut up for little discernable reason is high-rated. Odd. I've done my part to help correct several of these errors.
I noticed that too and have also been trying to compensate. I trust whoever is abusing the votes or running the script will be dealt with under the new forum rules?
Post edited April 28, 2017 by LynetteC
Themken: I just cannot find out how to search among GOGmixes :-( Also, there should be a date visible when the mix was last time edited.
As for searching, go to your favourite search engine (DuckDuckGo, Bing, Yahoo, and Google tested) and use one of the following:
"<username> says" site:gog.com/mix to find a mix created by said user
"<(part of or full) game/mix title>" site:gog.com/mix to find a mix with that tile, or a mix with that game
Post edited April 28, 2017 by Maighstir
Themken: I just cannot find out how to search among GOGmixes :-( Also, there should be a date visible when the mix was last time edited.
Maighstir: As for searching, go to your favourite search engine (DuckDuckGo, Bing, Yahoo, and Google tested) and use one of the following:
"<username> says" site:gog.com/mix to find a mix created by said user
"<(part of or full) game/mix title>" site:gog.com/mix to find a mix with that tile, or a mix with that game
Thank you! Will save that latter string. It matters not to me who made a mix but when it was last updated would be really useful.
Qrchack: ... yet still no option to order by price. I don't care about when you added a game or which games are bestselling, but I do care about great deals which are studentwallet-friendly
skeletonbow: ...

What I always wonder on stores that lack a "sort by price" feature, is if it is just an oversight their developers haven't gotten to implementing yet because they have limited resources and higher priorities, or whether it is intentional that they don't have "sort by price" because they think that psychologically people are more likely to buy higher priced games if you force them to dig through a pile of 900 games if they want to find the best deals.

I've wondered that in the past, but by now I'm quite sure it's intentional. Steam offers sorting but no filtering, GOG doesn't even bother with the sorting, and we know adding those, once you have a sorting and filtering mechanism by other criteria, should be trivial. A few lines of code. Or maybe not, I don't know, maybe they have such a mess of legacy code that adding new sorting criteria is a delicate task, but even in this case I'm sure they would implement it (actually, it would be a priority!) if somebody up the ranks decided that sorting and filtering by price would get them a few extra dollars.

It must be that for every 9 people like you and me, walking away because we can't be bothered finding all the 75% off / 2.49$ games (or whatever your price range is) during a sale, there's somebody clicking on a 25% off / 30$ "featured" game at the top of everything making the system more profitable for the store. Surely there are smart guys studying all the data and making the decisions.
Im still looking for filtering out games that i own (they will not show).. in game browser, at special discounts etc. Also i'm looking for a filter to ban games, that i really don't want to buy..
The new system is a nightmare on mobile phones. It is impossible to scroll on the main page because it selects the first advertised elements always as soon as you try to scroll.
Tomatko: Im still looking for filtering out games that i own (they will not show).. in game browser, at special discounts etc. Also i'm looking for a filter to ban games, that i really don't want to buy..
Barefoot Essentials adds a feature to hide games you own.

As for filtering out games you just don't want to see... you could either write your own userscript for that (and please share it, I have no doubt that others would want that as well), or ask Barefoot_Monkey or adaliabooks that either of them adds such a feature to their respective script.
GOG.com: Find what you're looking for faster, easier, and with style.

As some of you have already noticed, today we launched an overhauled navigation system for GOG.com. The goal is simple: to make it faster, simpler, and better for you to explore our store and find what you're looking for.

Browsing our catalog has never been easier: mouse over the Store tab for a neat dropdown menu that contains ongoing sales, a detailed breakdown of our games categories, and several top-tier suggestions.
To bring our games closer to you, we've also made several improvements to our search engine, so locating the title you're after should be much more straightforward now. Those accessing our store through mobile will notice that these changes have dramatically improved their experience, as well.

But that's not all! If you want to reach Support, interact with the Community, or manage your Account, you'll find that the intuitive dropdown menus make for a much more fluid experience, saving you time that could be spent playing your favorite games!

Your account name and avatar are now clearly visible on top at all times, so you can tell at a glance if you're logged in and on which account. Last but not least, redeeming gift codes and switching between languages or currencies is now more readily available with no need to scroll to the bottom of the page.

Enjoy!
For crying out loud please add a filter to remove games I already own
mattymuc: The new system is a nightmare on mobile phones. It is impossible to scroll on the main page because it selects the first advertised elements always as soon as you try to scroll.
A lot of mobile phones have motion sensors, I think they're called accelerometers. They can detect the various directions of tilting the phone and even bumping the phone against something. The application programming interfaces (APIs) are available to application developers, which in turn makes them available to website developers by means of a web browser (which itself is an application).

As such, have you tried tilting your phone or turning it upside-down when viewing the webpages to get them to scroll? Maybe give it good shake, too. What about bumping the top of your phone against the palm of you hand? So like, turn the phone top-side down and bump it against the palm of you hand. I mean when you are viewing a webpage. Does any of that work to get the page to slip upward some without having to touch the screen? When I said top-side down I didn't mean the screen, I meant the top edge of the phone when held upright… does that make sense?

Or maybe hold it horizontally with the screen facing upward, then do a kind of sliding motion with the phone in mid-air. I don't mean touch the screen, don't do that because you said that doesn't work well. Instead move the phone itself in the intended direction for getting the webpage to move, like when trying to get something to slide around inside of a box, in this case the webpage your viewing.

I'm just thinking maybe interacting with the accelerometers might work, but that depends on the phone manufacturer (and operating system developers), the web browser developers, and the website developers. That's a lot of unknowns. Finding out whether it works with your phone for you would be more certain and a lot quicker if you try it out yourself with your phone, so maybe give that a try?

You might also ask someone else to try it for you if you can't get any of that to work yourself. They might stumble upon the correct set of motions to get the webpage to scroll without having to touch the screen.
One regression - the number that indicated that there are updated games is no longer showing in the top-bar.

May have been mentioned already, I'm not reading through this entire thread :(
Tomatko: Im still looking for filtering out games that i own (they will not show).. in game browser, at special discounts etc. Also i'm looking for a filter to ban games, that i really don't want to buy..
Maighstir: Barefoot Essentials adds a feature to hide games you own.

As for filtering out games you just don't want to see... you could either write your own userscript for that (and please share it, I have no doubt that others would want that as well), or ask Barefoot_Monkey or adaliabooks that either of them adds such a feature to their respective script.
Thats is all great, but i don't want to have third party addons, if it is an easy solution just to make a tick to filter games that you allready have. I do want this future, because there are games that i already know, but they still show as i don't own it.. just for example: fallout (as it was re-added, then omerta, last federation and so on...