It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Find what you're looking for faster, easier, and with style.

As some of you have already noticed, today we launched an overhauled navigation system for GOG.com. The goal is simple: to make it faster, simpler, and better for you to explore our store and find what you're looking for.

Browsing our catalog has never been easier: mouse over the Store tab for a neat dropdown menu that contains ongoing sales, a detailed breakdown of our games categories, and several top-tier suggestions.
To bring our games closer to you, we've also made several improvements to our search engine, so locating the title you're after should be much more straightforward now. Those accessing our store through mobile will notice that these changes have dramatically improved their experience, as well.

But that's not all! If you want to reach Support, interact with the Community, or manage your Account, you'll find that the intuitive dropdown menus make for a much more fluid experience, saving you time that could be spent playing your favorite games!

Your account name and avatar are now clearly visible on top at all times, so you can tell at a glance if you're logged in and on which account. Last but not least, redeeming gift codes and switching between languages or currencies is now more readily available with no need to scroll to the bottom of the page.

Enjoy!
Qrchack: ... yet still no option to order by price. I don't care about when you added a game or which games are bestselling, but I do care about great deals which are studentwallet-friendly
Yeah, I'm kind of shocked that they haven't added the ability to both filter by price and to sort by price both ascending and descending. When there are big sales on and too many games to navigate through into the hundreds, I want a way to find the BEST deals, which means the lowest prices per game, and also the highest discounts per game. Those should be obvious mandatory features on a game store, even though only a few stores actually provide that as a feature.

What ends up happening instead is I look at the list of games briefly, maybe click on a page or two and see the completely random order of it all and then close the web page because I couldn't be bothered navigating 900 pages of 10 or 20 games at a time and manually looking for games within the price range I'm willing or able to spend at that moment. So I often end up not buying anything at all, sometimes finding out later that some games were on sale that I would have bought if I had a way to know they were on sale without spending an hour of my time going through 57 web pages.

What I always wonder on stores that lack a "sort by price" feature, is if it is just an oversight their developers haven't gotten to implementing yet because they have limited resources and higher priorities, or whether it is intentional that they don't have "sort by price" because they think that psychologically people are more likely to buy higher priced games if you force them to dig through a pile of 900 games if they want to find the best deals.

For GOG, I believe and also hope that it is simply "we haven't gotten around to it yet", because IMHO the latter "we want you to wade through games all day long to find the good deals, and hopefully buy some more expensive games too that catch your eye" is anti-consumer and pro-inconvenience. IMHO, stores will always make more money in the end by being PRO-convenience.

I think GOG's latest improvements were intended to be pro-convenience, so I hope that is their overall desire and that we'll see "sort by price" show up eventually. I've been known to buy huge quantities of games (and previously broke their shopping cart software in 2012) when they're priced at that "I can't resist" low price point, but that's unlikely if I can't find them easily.
Another request for mobile… is there any way to change the tap sensitivity back to how it was before? Everytime I touch the screen trying to navigate by dragging I instead activate any linked item(almost everything on the front page and the forum is a linked object) that I happen to touch. It makes navigating the home page on mobile particularly difficult.
Post edited April 28, 2017 by paladin181
paladin181: Another request for mobile… is there any way to change the tap sensitivity back to how it was before? Everytime I touch the screen trying to navigate by dragging I instead activate any linked item(almost everything on the front page and the forum is a linked object) that I happen to touch. It makes navigating the home page on mobile particularly difficult.
Second this. Took 5 tries to get past Little Nightmares and see the rest of the page.
Tannath: Wait, so the purple stripe is a feature? I though it was a bug, I was going to report it as one. ROFL.

Other than that I'm liking what I see, except the small font size.
almabrds: Hahah, the first time that I saw that stripe, I moved my mouse cursor over it, because I though it was one of these sliding boxes that show text/image, that some websites have.
Kinda similar to the dropdown menus of the new bar, know what I mean?
What small font you talking about? The font is still the same, to me (or I need a new pair of glasses ._.).
The font seems smaller to me, idk.
As for the stripe, you know what it reminds me of? Galaxy's "try me" bar. Same shade purple as far as I recall (blocked it looong ago).
I mostly like it. Though they still don't have links to the games forum from their store pages which I was hoping for.
low rated
tinyE: they are gone unless you have Galaxy.

Like a lot of people have said, it better just be a fucking bug. :P

I can really only converse in PM anymore.
Tauto: Shut your foul mouth or do you have immunity to break rules.
So does that mean you aren't getting any fucking notifications either? :P
All I wanted from a site update was to see the updated counter for the games I filter. That feature is still not implemented. :(

Instead, I found this (see the attached image and this code snippet) while browsing the current discussion.

The broken image linked to: https://www.gog.com/forum/general/undefined_196.jpg

I wonder if there's any hope to see the number of games update according to the selected filters.
Attachments:
Tauto: Shut your foul mouth or do you have immunity to break rules.
tinyE: So does that mean you aren't getting any fucking notifications either? :P
Strangely, every single one of your posts on this thread, which seem rather innocuous and reasonable to me, are low-rated, while the post of the arse who told you to shut up for little discernable reason is high-rated. Odd. I've done my part to help correct several of these errors.
It does not show new forum replies. Its nice that it looks fancy now but I hope that is just a bug not a sacrifice for a hip menu bar.
V4V: Still, a login moves you to the front page instead of leaving you just where you were when you logged in to do what you want to do there. When I want to go to the front page, I'll go there by myself.
HypersomniacLive: . <a href="http://www.gog.com/forum/general/introducing_the_new_page_navigation_system_on_gogcom_09cce/post341" class="link_arrow"></a></div> Thank you. So, it can't hurt to bring it up again ([url=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9VDvgL58h_Y]and again and &hellip;). :)

Addendum: The bug persists also on logout.

Post edited April 28, 2017 by V4V
But where is my Store>Linux games/MAC clicky!?

edit: aham, found it! But why hide it in where no one would expect (Browse all games>)?
Post edited April 28, 2017 by sbolokanov
sbolokanov: But where is my Store>Linux games/MAC clicky!?
Do you mean Store > Browse all games > Win/Mac/Linux?
Store -> browse all games -> Linux or MAC
BKGaming: Store -> browse all games -> Linux or MAC
This was possible before too but the dedicated links in the floating task bar are indeed gone. :(
sbolokanov: edit: aham, found it! But why hide it in where now one would expect (Browse all games>)?
Fine. :) Alternatively, you can just bookmark the URL of the list you want, e.g. for Linux discounts: https://www.gog.com/games?system=lin_mint,lin_ubuntu&amp;price=discounted