It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Find what you're looking for faster, easier, and with style.

As some of you have already noticed, today we launched an overhauled navigation system for GOG.com. The goal is simple: to make it faster, simpler, and better for you to explore our store and find what you're looking for.

Browsing our catalog has never been easier: mouse over the Store tab for a neat dropdown menu that contains ongoing sales, a detailed breakdown of our games categories, and several top-tier suggestions.
To bring our games closer to you, we've also made several improvements to our search engine, so locating the title you're after should be much more straightforward now. Those accessing our store through mobile will notice that these changes have dramatically improved their experience, as well.

But that's not all! If you want to reach Support, interact with the Community, or manage your Account, you'll find that the intuitive dropdown menus make for a much more fluid experience, saving you time that could be spent playing your favorite games!

Your account name and avatar are now clearly visible on top at all times, so you can tell at a glance if you're logged in and on which account. Last but not least, redeeming gift codes and switching between languages or currencies is now more readily available with no need to scroll to the bottom of the page.

Enjoy!
Just noticed that GOGDownloader still has notifications. :)
BenKii: Still broken. I believe this may be a permanent change due to the new user interface. I've since started a community wishlist entry to bring the notifications back.
Friggin' Voted.
BenKii: Still broken. I believe this may be a permanent change due to the new user interface. I've since started a community wishlist entry to bring the notifications back.
ReynardFox: Friggin' Voted.
Voted
yeh I'd like to find Expeditions Viking please
bhrigu: Just noticed that GOGDownloader still has notifications. :)
You mean galaxy?
high rated
I just don't like it or at least not the look.

I get that it's supposed to be an improvement, and maybe for navigation and search it is, but the black and white clashes with the rest of the site theme and I really, really dislike floating menu bars. It would be very nice if there was a way to make it stay at the top of the page. Additionally as someone who mostly uses a desktop (mobile is just too tiny and annoying for most things) I find the new search results bar to be visually annoying. The wider cart is kind of nice, since game details were a little squished before, but it seems too wide now imo.
GOG.com: Find what you're looking for faster, easier, and with style.

As some of you have already noticed, today we launched an overhauled navigation system for GOG.com. The goal is simple: to make it faster, simpler, and better for you to explore our store and find what you're looking for.

I like it, good job 8)
low rated
still waiting on notifications here :P
tinyE: still waiting on notifications here :P
Looks cool - like the functionality. Just popped on and saw it, plus looks like a new forum font.

And the little "chat / friend / forum reply" flags are gone! Do they come back? tinyE, I'll poke you if you'll poke me - I'm curious.

I can't say I'll miss the X amount of notifications I had for pending requests. Luckily they were for people I'm pretty sure knew I wasn't ignoring them, I just didn't use the friend thing.

So I'll be happy if I still get notifications for chat and forum replies but won't miss that.
high rated
eiii: For me the navigation with mouse-over instead of clicking is a bad idea at all and inconsistent with the rest of the page. [...]
I prefer "click" instead of mouse-over too, but since I'm certain they won't change it, I gave some compromising feedback, in hope they at least improve it.

eiii: [...] The new forum font isn't much better. Although I do not have problems with the size (actually I had shrunk the GOG pages before) it's harder to read and somewhat ugly. [...]
I overwrote the forum font in my GOG userstyle file the day it rolled out, exactly because it's god-awful and near impossible to read.

And thanks for the other suggestions, but I made a number of tweaks last night already.

V4V: Still, a login moves you to the front page instead of leaving you just where you were when you logged in to do what you want to do there. When I want to go to the front page, I'll go there by myself.

An option to remain where you are after you logged in would be nice. It annoys me every time I have to hit the "back" key/button only because I logged in.

(I didn't scan the whole thread for this, sorry if it came up before.)
Answer.
low rated
tinyE: still waiting on notifications here :P
Ixamyakxim: Looks cool - like the functionality. Just popped on and saw it, plus looks like a new forum font.

And the little "chat / friend / forum reply" flags are gone! Do they come back? tinyE, I'll poke you if you'll poke me - I'm curious.

I can't say I'll miss the X amount of notifications I had for pending requests. Luckily they were for people I'm pretty sure knew I wasn't ignoring them, I just didn't use the friend thing.

So I'll be happy if I still get notifications for chat and forum replies but won't miss that.
they are gone unless you have Galaxy.

Like a lot of people have said, it better just be a fucking bug. :P

I can really only converse in PM anymore.
Ixamyakxim: Looks cool - like the functionality. Just popped on and saw it, plus looks like a new forum font.

tinyE: they are gone unless you have Galaxy.

Shut your foul mouth or do you have immunity to break rules.
Post edited April 28, 2017 by Tauto
high rated
fables22: Hey everyone, just wanted to let you all know that we've not been ignoring the thread - in fact, we've been watching it very closely and working on some of the issues that have been flagged up. Some of them we've already fixed (eg. the issues on mobile or the search within the forum), the rest we will continue to work on. Thanks everyone for the feedback!
I love the new navigation. Complements to the developers and designers involved. As someone who tinkers with the site to make customisation scripts, I must say that the implementation is very nice too.

I have a request. The items on the menu (Store, About, Community, Support) all have a CSS text-transform rule to make them uppercase. But in the HTML they are already uppercase. Could the underlying HTML be changed so that they are no longer all caps? (so, "About" instead of "ABOUT".) They would still be presented to the user in all-capital letters because of the CSS rule, but having the actual underlying text node in title case instead of caps would make it easier for me to make custom CSS themes.
tinyE: they are gone unless you have Galaxy.

Don't worry, they'll be back soon one way or another. If the GOG team doesn't restore them by this weekend I'll bring them back with Barefoot Essentials. But I believe that the GOG staff are probably already working on it.
Post edited April 28, 2017 by Barefoot_Monkey
Outstanding site UI! but you guys are master graphic designers after all! Yeah, I'm clearly fanboy'n here, but fuck it, I love the design and navigation is a pure pleasure!
tinyE: Yeah it's great for you, you use Galaxy! :P
The new nav bar isn't present in Galaxy.