It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

high rated
IMPORTANT: Please read before posting This topic has been provided to discuss the latest releases of our Downloader (for both Mac and Windows systems) and to submit bug reports. The stable releases (recommended for most users) can be found at this address:http://www.gog.com/downloader.

Latest version:

Mac OS X - 1.2 (build 512)
Windows - 3.6.0

Both Downloaders now have the option of sending Error Reports directly to us (this can be found in app under Settings).
Post edited October 29, 2013 by Fallen_Zen
In hope it helps you I will paste what I received from GOG support and what did it for me.
BTW - Finished the 6.5 download of Wing Commander IV in less than an hour.
Good luck to all
"Hello

First, please redownload and reinstall the Downloader, just in case you're using an old version: https://secure.gog.com/downloader .

If that doesn't help, delete the contents of your user account's GOG.com folder - its location depends on your operating system:
Windows Vista/7: C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Local\GOG.com\
Windows XP: C:\Documents and Settings\USERNAME\Local Settings\Application Data\GOG.com\
Then try launching the Downloader.

If that doesn't help as well, you should verify that your .NET installation isn't corrupted. To do this, use the .NET Framerowk Setup Verification Tool and choose .NET 3.5 SP1:

http://blogs.msdn.com/b/astebner/archive/2008/10/13/8999004.aspx

Regards,

GOG.com Support"
done everything : nothing in my end ; the d/l is still buggy.

i will try to d/l some more games i have pending ... still the installer version is 3.2.14 in the list of programs. But the version i have is the 3.2.22.

at this rate , downloading through the browser is more reliable in my case.....

ps : the .net framework is properly installed.
Post edited November 13, 2012 by DyNaer
Sorry to be that guy with the annoying, possibly unanswerable question, but will we ever get auto-patching? I mean, we have the site telling us when games have been updated, but that still entails redownloading the whole game again.
Export: Sorry to be that guy with the annoying, possibly unanswerable question, but will we ever get auto-patching? I mean, we have the site telling us when games have been updated, but that still entails redownloading the whole game again.
well not exactly , u need to manually update ur game with the patch.

if a game is updated , there's a notification when you log in & go to ur games shelve , the downloader has a notification aswell.

for games which take lots of time to d/l (depends your d/l speed of course), u get a patch , otherwise u need to get the whole game again.

hope that's help.
Post edited November 14, 2012 by DyNaer
version 3.2.22.0 / Windows XP SP3

I'm experiencing just minor bug. Everytime I right-click on downloaded item in the list and I choose "Open enclosing folder", I get just root "C:\" folder, not correct downloading location.

I guess it's because my gog downloading folder points to D:\-= games =-\-= gog =- :-)
Only had to use the downloader once, but it worked like a charm. The download was way faster than downloading via browser, so I was really pleased with it. Thanks!
The latest update fixes a few issues that hindered me to download every game I own. But now the downloader has a problem that's really frustrating to be honest.

Just lost about a few gigabytes of download because I have a low bandwidth and can't keep my computer on for 100 hours to download a 5GB game, haha.

So this morning when I fired up the downloader again, the game started downloading from scratch rather then resuming from the gigabytes I have already downloaded. Please fix this issue. I have been waiting for a while for a stable release. :(

EDIT: Also some file archives are corrupt when they are downloaded. This usually happens to the extras in .zip files.

GOG.com Downloader Version: 3.2.22.0
Post edited November 16, 2012 by archisbhatt
Szulak: Hello,

We have a beta update for the downloader that should fix the most common issues:
- fixed timeout handling
- fixed issues with >2GB files
- fixed an error with progress bar getting stuck on 99% while download has
been completed.
- improved download speed meter
- fixed an error with missing registry keys

You can download beta version of GOG Downloader from link below.
http://static.gog.com/download/d3/beta/Setup_Downloader_3.2.21.exe

EDIT:
Users who previously downloaded version <3.2.21 must download this version manually.
Sorry for the double post, but the progress bar getting stuck at 99% hasn't been completely fixed, I am afraid. In continuation to my previous post, I pause my downloads and then resume them once again and it shows "Download Completed", but the file that is downloaded is corrupt. The CRC is 00000000 and when I try to access the file it gives me an error that says that it's in use by the GOG.com Downloader.
archisbhatt: The latest update fixes a few issues that hindered me to download every game I own. But now the downloader has a problem that's really frustrating to be honest.

Just lost about a few gigabytes of download because I have a low bandwidth and can't keep my computer on for 100 hours to download a 5GB game, haha.
Could you attach your log file please? It can be found in C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Local\GOG.com

mondik: version 3.2.22.0 / Windows XP SP3

I'm experiencing just minor bug. Everytime I right-click on downloaded item in the list and I choose "Open enclosing folder", I get just root "C:\" folder, not correct downloading location.

I guess it's because my gog downloading folder points to D:\-= games =-\-= gog =- :-)
Thanks for reporting this issue.
The log file is a huge 50mb file, when I open it, there are thousands of lines that say nearly the same thing:-

Exception: Object reference not set to an instance of an object., Stack: at GOGCompanionApp.Worker.DownloadChunk(WorkerTaskDownloadChunk workerTask)
1335429897 Downloading chunk 29

And so on...
Having real problems with the GOG.com downloader for the past few releases...

It seems to have a habit of downloading the first 10MB of data, then stalling, or slowing the download to a few KB a second before crashing a few hours later... However, small downloads, such as extras are downloaded correctly as you would expect...

I would send the log, but it's huge, as with archisbhatt's above...
How can you change to destination of the install? I do not want to install on C drive but want to install on D drive.
Could you guys delete current log file (the huge one), try to reproduce downloader issue and post here (or use copy-paste service like pastebin) new log file?
Szulak: Could you guys delete current log file (the huge one), try to reproduce downloader issue and post here (or use copy-paste service like pastebin) new log file?
No worries, thanks Szulak, here's a partial log file (I can't paste all 600+ lines of stack errors, or the log start, it won't let me) with S2 Steel Storm

4:53:34 PM fetching download sizes and chunk info for S2: Silent Storm Gold Edition
4:53:34 PM ended downloading bonus info
4:53:34 PM Started downloading bonus info: silent_storm_gold
4:53:35 PM Worker -1 Requesting https://api.gog.com/en/downloader2/game/silent_storm_gold/
Stack trace:
Server stack trace:
at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
at System.IO.FileStream.WriteCore(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 count)
at System.IO.FileStream.Write(Byte[] array, Int32 offset, Int32 count)
at System.Runtime.Remoting.Messaging.StackBuilderSink._PrivateProcessMessage(IntPtr md, Object[] args, Object server, Int32 methodPtr, Boolean fExecuteInContext, Object[]& outArgs)
at System.Runtime.Remoting.Messaging.StackBuilderSink.PrivateProcessMessage(RuntimeMethodHandle md, Object[] args, Object server, Int32 methodPtr, Boolean fExecuteInContext, Object[]& outArgs)
at System.Runtime.Remoting.Messaging.StackBuilderSink.AsyncProcessMessage(IMessage msg, IMessageSink replySink)

Exception rethrown at [0]:
at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.EndInvokeHelper(Message reqMsg, Boolean bProxyCase)
at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RemotingProxy.Invoke(Object NotUsed, MessageData& msgData)
at System.IO.Stream.WriteDelegate.EndInvoke(IAsyncResult result)
at System.IO.Stream.EndWrite(IAsyncResult asyncResult)
at System.IO.FileStream.EndWrite(IAsyncResult asyncResult)
at GOGCompanionApp.Worker.DownloadChunk(Object downloadObject) in C:\gog dowloader - stable\GOG.com Companion\Worker.cs:line 1824
Inner exception:
4:53:35 PM Worker -1 Request https://api.gog.com/en/downloader2/game/silent_storm_gold/ successed?:True
Stack trace:
Server stack trace:
at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
at System.IO.FileStream.WriteCore(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 count)
at System.IO.FileStream.Write(Byte[] array, Int32 offset, Int32 count)
at System.Runtime.Remoting.Messaging.StackBuilderSink._PrivateProcessMessage(IntPtr md, Object[] args, Object server, Int32 methodPtr, Boolean fExecuteInContext, Object[]& outArgs)
at System.Runtime.Remoting.Messaging.StackBuilderSink.PrivateProcessMessage(RuntimeMethodHandle md, Object[] args, Object server, Int32 methodPtr, Boolean fExecuteInContext, Object[]& outArgs)
at System.Runtime.Remoting.Messaging.StackBuilderSink.AsyncProcessMessage(IMessage msg, IMessageSink replySink)

... MILLIONS OF SIMILAR ERRORS FOR >500 LINES...

Exception rethrown at [0]:
at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.EndInvokeHelper(Message reqMsg, Boolean bProxyCase)
at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RemotingProxy.Invoke(Object NotUsed, MessageData& msgData)
at System.IO.Stream.WriteDelegate.EndInvoke(IAsyncResult result)
at System.IO.Stream.EndWrite(IAsyncResult asyncResult)
at System.IO.FileStream.EndWrite(IAsyncResult asyncResult)
at GOGCompanionApp.Worker.DownloadChunk(Object downloadObject) in C:\gog dowloader - stable\GOG.com Companion\Worker.cs:line 1824
Inner exception:
4:54:02 PM Downloading chunk setup_silent_storm_gold_1.0.0.4.exe.40 bytes range(419430400 - 429916159)
4:54:02 PM Chunk byte ranges for chunk setup_silent_storm_gold_1.0.0.4.exe.40 correct
Closing Downloader
Nevermind. It was still set to Stonekeep going to my flash drive but the downloader would not come up or redownload. I uninstalled the downloader and reinstalled and it worked.
Post edited November 16, 2012 by thebes