It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

high rated
IMPORTANT: Please read before posting This topic has been provided to discuss the latest releases of our Downloader (for both Mac and Windows systems) and to submit bug reports. The stable releases (recommended for most users) can be found at this address:http://www.gog.com/downloader.

Latest version:

Mac OS X - 1.2 (build 512)
Windows - 3.6.0

Both Downloaders now have the option of sending Error Reports directly to us (this can be found in app under Settings).
Post edited October 29, 2013 by Fallen_Zen
Rivereyes: Nope, in fact turning it down to 1 made it EVEN slower. GoG.com is currently broken for me and a bunch of other users. 'Tis a sad sad day when you can't even trust GoG to function properly.
well last time i tried the downloader , it was when it's started to be broken (previous version to the current one) . I wasn't very fond of to try the new version (even if i have some games i didn't have the opportunity to d/l) when i read all the previous posts.

there're only one workaround (and not a solution for everybody) :

the browser : but no resume possible ...
an unofficial downloader : there's only one wirh a gui (JGOGDownloader) : and i don't know if it's working properly now. -> http://www.gog.com/en/forum/general/jgogdownloader/page10

the official client looks like really broken .... :-(
Post edited November 05, 2012 by DyNaer
some other members suggested using DownThemAll! (using Firefox browser integration) and its working fine for me. resume is hit or miss. try this until the downloader is sorted out.
Post edited November 05, 2012 by ladystrange
Fallen_Zen: IMPORTANT: Please read before posting This topic has been provided to discuss the latest releases of our Downloader (for both Mac and Windows systems) and to submit bug reports. The stable releases (recommended for most users) can be found at this address:http://www.gog.com/downloader.

Before submitting any bug reports, please post the following information:
1. Downloader version (found under settings)
2. OS version
3. OS language
4. Browser kind and version (this is required only if you're having problems when adding games to the queue from the website)
5. Downloader log contents if possible:
Windows 7/Vista - C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Local\GOG.com
Windows XP - C:\Documents and Settings\USERNAME\Local Settings\Application Data\GOG.com
Mac OS X - Contents from the Console app regarding the GOG Downloader
6. A detailed description of the problem. We'll be able to find a solution and post it for you a lot faster. Thanks! :)
version 3.2.14
win 7
english
I could not see any log file in prog\ users\app\loacal
there is no gog folder or file

i have downloaded the gog downloader but this will not install the program and i am unable to download the games i bouoght last week
please help
Downloader - 3.2.19.0
Os - WIndows XP SP3 pro 32 bit
Os language - English

I have set my system disk to drive G:\
With the new Gog Downloader I get an error message: Unable to access registry key, try running as admin.

Here's some (edited) log:

CPU with 4 core(s) found:
CPU0: 3311 MHz for Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-2500K CPU @ 3.30GHz
CPU1: 3310 MHz for Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-2500K CPU @ 3.30GHz
CPU2: 3310 MHz for Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-2500K CPU @ 3.30GHz
CPU3: 3310 MHz for Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-2500K CPU @ 3.30GHz
Memory: 3210072064
OS Version: Microsoft Windows NT 5.1.2600 Service Pack 3
Language: English (United States)
Drive C:\ has XXXX bytes available
Drive G:\ has XXXX bytes available
18:29:37 Log started
Message: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
Stack trace: at GOGCompanionApp.Utilities.RegistryMethods.GetRegistryData() in C:\bp\TEMP\GOG.com Companion\Utilities.cs:line 191
Inner exception:

Edit: Same registry error appears when using Win 7 (Home 64 bit) system
Post edited November 06, 2012 by olpama
Windows XP SP 3
3.2.14 Spanish version

I can't run the latest dowloader version, when I try to open it gives me an error. This is part of the log:

UNHANDLED ERROR!
Message: Cannot create instance of 'DownloadsManager' defined in assembly 'GOG.com Downloader, Version=3.2.14.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'. Se produjo una excepción en el destino de la invocación. Error at object 'MainWindow' in markup file 'GOG.com Downloader;component/appwindow.xaml'.
Stack trace: en System.Windows.Markup.XamlParseException.ThrowException(String message, Exception innerException, Int32 lineNumber, Int32 linePosition, Uri baseUri, XamlObjectIds currentXamlObjectIds, XamlObjectIds contextXamlObjectIds, Type objectType)
en System.Windows.Markup.XamlParseException.ThrowException(ParserContext parserContext, Int32 lineNumber, Int32 linePosition, String message, Exception innerException)
en System.Windows.Markup.BamlRecordReader.ThrowException(String message, Exception innerException)

UNHANDLED ERROR!
Message: Cannot set Visibility or call Show, ShowDialog, Close, or Hide while window is closing.
Stack trace: en System.Windows.Window.VerifyNotClosing()
en System.Windows.Window.Hide()
en GOGCompanionApp.DebugWindow.Window_Closing(Object sender, CancelEventArgs e) en C:\bp\TEMP\GOG.com Companion\DebugWindow.xaml.cs:línea 134
Just tested new version and its even worse, now it doesnt even go online. Its showing offline status and "Unable to access registry key, try running as admin" . Im running it as admin btw.

Seriously, what`s going on here? Is there a saboteur in your office or why its broken for so long?
These errors will be fixed tomorrow. We would like to say sorry for any inconvenience.
Thanks for the heads up, but this is a disgrace. I had pre-ordered Chaos on Deponia since your October conference and I was forced to download a torrent of the GOG version because your downloader simply did not work.

I am VERY open to bribery with free games in order to forget this whole bad business, but otherwise, this is the end of my blind faith in GOG.
Rivereyes: Thanks for the heads up, but this is a disgrace. I had pre-ordered Chaos on Deponia since your October conference and I was forced to download a torrent of the GOG version because your downloader simply did not work.

I am VERY open to bribery with free games in order to forget this whole bad business, but otherwise, this is the end of my blind faith in GOG.
Get off it, mate. It's an inconvenience, but who goes around demanding free games?
Hello,

We have a beta update for the downloader that should fix the most common issues:
- fixed timeout handling
- fixed issues with >2GB files
- fixed an error with progress bar getting stuck on 99% while download has
been completed.
- improved download speed meter
- fixed an error with missing registry keys

You can download beta version of GOG Downloader from link below.
http://static.gog.com/download/d3/beta/Setup_Downloader_3.2.21.exe

EDIT:
Users who previously downloaded version <3.2.21 must download this version manually.
Post edited December 03, 2012 by Szulak
Still the same problem.
Adritool: Still the same problem.
Could you reinstall GOG Downloader and post again if problem still occurs?
Adritool: Still the same problem.
Szulak: Could you reinstall GOG Downloader and post again if problem still occurs?
I've done this several times, and always had the same result.
Szulak: Could you reinstall GOG Downloader and post again if problem still occurs?
Adritool: I've done this several times, and always had the same result.
Could you post your log file? (whole file) Moreover, does this problem occurs also in beta version? You can download beta version of GOG downloader from link below:
http://static.gog.com/download/d3/beta/Setup_Downloader_3.2.21.exe
Post edited November 07, 2012 by Szulak
The fact is that I had downloaded a previous version last year and worked well but two days ago I tried to use it and it had dissapeared.. I downloaded the new version and I had this problem every time I install it.
This log is with the new beta version:

CPU with 2 core(s) found:
CPU0: 2199 MHz for Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU E4500 @ 2.20GHz
CPU1: 2200 MHz for Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU E4500 @ 2.20GHz
Memory: 3219501056
OS Version: Microsoft Windows NT 5.1.2600 Service Pack 3
Language: Spanish (Spain)
Drive C:\ has 6710255616 bytes available
Drive D:\ has 12253347840 bytes available
Drive H:\ has 119451553792 bytes available
UNHANDLED ERROR!
Message: Cannot create instance of 'DownloadsManager' defined in assembly 'GOG.com Downloader, Version=3.2.21.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'. Se produjo una excepción en el destino de la invocación. Error at object 'MainWindow' in markup file 'GOG.com Downloader;component/appwindow.xaml'.
Stack trace: en System.Windows.Markup.XamlParseException.ThrowException(String message, Exception innerException, Int32 lineNumber, Int32 linePosition, Uri baseUri, XamlObjectIds currentXamlObjectIds, XamlObjectIds contextXamlObjectIds, Type objectType)
en System.Windows.Markup.XamlParseException.ThrowException(ParserContext parserContext, Int32 lineNumber, Int32 linePosition, String message, Exception innerException)
en System.Windows.Markup.BamlRecordReader.ThrowException(String message, Exception innerException)
en System.Windows.Markup.BamlRecordReader.CreateInstanceFromType(Type type, Int16 typeId, Boolean throwOnFail)
en System.Windows.Markup.BamlRecordReader.GetElementAndFlags(BamlElementStartRecord bamlElementStartRecord, Object& element, ReaderFlags& flags, Type& delayCreatedType, Int16& delayCreatedTypeId)
en System.Windows.Markup.BamlRecordReader.BaseReadElementStartRecord(BamlElementStartRecord bamlElementRecord)
en System.Windows.Markup.BamlRecordReader.ReadElementStartRecord(BamlElementStartRecord bamlElementRecord)
en System.Windows.Markup.BamlRecordReader.ReadRecord(BamlRecord bamlRecord)
en System.Windows.Markup.BamlRecordReader.Read(Boolean singleRecord)
en System.Windows.Markup.TreeBuilderBamlTranslator.ParseFragment()
en System.Windows.Markup.TreeBuilder.Parse()
en System.Windows.Markup.XamlReader.LoadBaml(Stream stream, ParserContext parserContext, Object parent, Boolean closeStream)
en System.Windows.Application.LoadComponent(Object component, Uri resourceLocator)
en GOGCompanionApp.AppWindow.InitializeComponent() en c:\bp\TEMP\GOG.com Companion\AppWindow.xaml:línea 1
en GOGCompanionApp.AppWindow..ctor() en C:\bp\TEMP\GOG.com Companion\AppWindow.xaml.cs:línea 114
en SingleInstanceApplication.WpfApp.OnStartup(StartupEventArgs e) en C:\bp\TEMP\GOG.com Companion\Startup.cs:línea 237
en System.Windows.Application.<.ctor>b__0(Object unused)
en System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.InternalRealCall(Delegate callback, Object args, Boolean isSingleParameter)
en System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.TryCatchWhen(Object source, Delegate callback, Object args, Boolean isSingleParameter, Delegate catchHandler)
Inner exception: System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException: Se produjo una excepción en el destino de la invocación. ---> System.TypeInitializationException: Se produjo una excepción en el inicializador de tipo de 'GOGCompanionApp.DownloadsManager'. ---> System.IO.FileNotFoundException: No se puede cargar el archivo o ensamblado 'System.Core, Version=3.5.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089' ni una de sus dependencias. El sistema no puede hallar el archivo especificado.
Nombre de archivo: 'System.Core, Version=3.5.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089'
en GOGCompanionApp.DownloadsManager..ctor()
en GOGCompanionApp.DownloadsManager..cctor() en C:\bp\TEMP\GOG.com Companion\DownloadsManager.cs:línea 18

AVS: El registro del enlace de ensamblado está desactivado.
Para habilitar el registro de errores del enlace de ensamblado, establezca el valor de Registro [HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Fusion!EnableLog] (DWORD) como 1.
Nota: existe una disminución del rendimiento asociada registro de errores del enlace de ensamblado.
Para desactivar esta característica, elimine el valor de Registro [HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Fusion!EnableLog].

--- Fin del seguimiento de la pila de la excepción interna ---
--- Fin del seguimiento de la pila de la excepción interna ---
en System.RuntimeTypeHandle.CreateInstance(RuntimeType type, Boolean publicOnly, Boolean noCheck, Boolean& canBeCached, RuntimeMethodHandle& ctor, Boolean& bNeedSecurityCheck)
en System.RuntimeType.CreateInstanceSlow(Boolean publicOnly, Boolean fillCache)
en System.RuntimeType.CreateInstanceImpl(Boolean publicOnly, Boolean skipVisibilityChecks, Boolean fillCache)
en System.Activator.CreateInstance(Type type, Boolean nonPublic)
en System.RuntimeType.CreateInstanceImpl(BindingFlags bindingAttr, Binder binder, Object[] args, CultureInfo culture, Object[] activationAttributes)
en System.Activator.CreateInstance(Type type, BindingFlags bindingAttr, Binder binder, Object[] args, CultureInfo culture, Object[] activationAttributes)
en System.Windows.Markup.XamlTypeMapper.CreateInternalInstance(ParserContext pc, Type type)
en System.Windows.Markup.BamlRecordReader.CreateInstanceFromType(Type type, Int16 typeId, Boolean throwOnFail)
UNHANDLED ERROR!
Message: Cannot set Visibility or call Show, ShowDialog, Close, or Hide while window is closing.
en GOGCompanionApp.DebugWindow.Window_Closing(Object sender, CancelEventArgs e) en C:\bp\TEMP\GOG.com Companion\DebugWindow.xaml.cs:línea 137
en System.Windows.Window.OnClosing(CancelEventArgs e)
en System.Windows.Window.InternalClose(Boolean shutdown, Boolean ignoreCancel)
en System.Windows.Application.DoShutdown()
en System.Windows.Application.ShutdownImpl()
en System.Windows.Application.ShutdownCallback(Object arg)
en System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.InternalRealCall(Delegate callback, Object args, Boolean isSingleParameter)
en System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.TryCatchWhen(Object source, Delegate callback, Object args, Boolean isSingleParameter, Delegate catchHandler)
Inner exception:
UNHANDLED ERROR!
en GOGCompanionApp.DebugWindow.Window_Closing(Object sender, CancelEventArgs e) en C:\bp\TEMP\GOG.com Companion\DebugWindow.xaml.cs:línea 137
en System.Windows.Window.OnClosing(CancelEventArgs e)
en System.Windows.Window.InternalClose(Boolean shutdown, Boolean ignoreCancel)
en System.Windows.Application.DoShutdown()
en System.Windows.Application.ShutdownImpl()
en System.Windows.Application.ShutdownCallback(Object arg)
en System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherOperation.InvokeImpl()
en System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherOperation.InvokeInSecurityContext(Object state)
en System.Threading.ExecutionContext.runTryCode(Object userData)
en System.Runtime.CompilerServices.RuntimeHelpers.ExecuteCodeWithGuaranteedCleanup(TryCode code, CleanupCode backoutCode, Object userData)
en System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
en System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
en System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherOperation.Invoke()
en System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.ProcessQueue()
en System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.WndProcHook(IntPtr hwnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam, Boolean& handled)
en MS.Win32.HwndWrapper.WndProc(IntPtr hwnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam, Boolean& handled)
en MS.Win32.HwndSubclass.DispatcherCallbackOperation(Object o)
en System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.InvokeImpl(DispatcherPriority priority, TimeSpan timeout, Delegate method, Object args, Boolean isSingleParameter)
en System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.Invoke(DispatcherPriority priority, Delegate method, Object arg)
en MS.Win32.HwndSubclass.SubclassWndProc(IntPtr hwnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam)
en MS.Win32.UnsafeNativeMethods.DispatchMessage(MSG& msg)
en System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.PushFrameImpl(DispatcherFrame frame)
en System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.PushFrame(DispatcherFrame frame)
en System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.Run()
en System.Windows.Application.RunInternal(Window window)
en System.Windows.Application.Run(Window window)
en System.Windows.Application.Run()
en SingleInstanceApplication.SingleInstanceApplicationWrapper.OnStartup(StartupEventArgs e) en C:\bp\TEMP\GOG.com Companion\Startup.cs:línea 95
en Microsoft.VisualBasic.ApplicationServices.WindowsFormsApplicationBase.DoApplicationModel()
en Microsoft.VisualBasic.ApplicationServices.WindowsFormsApplicationBase.Run(String[] commandLine)
en SingleInstanceApplication.Startup.Main(String[] args) en C:\bp\TEMP\GOG.com Companion\Startup.cs:línea 71
Inner exception: