It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

high rated
IMPORTANT: Please read before posting This topic has been provided to discuss the latest releases of our Downloader (for both Mac and Windows systems) and to submit bug reports. The stable releases (recommended for most users) can be found at this address:http://www.gog.com/downloader.

Latest version:

Mac OS X - 1.2 (build 512)
Windows - 3.6.0

Both Downloaders now have the option of sending Error Reports directly to us (this can be found in app under Settings).
Post edited October 29, 2013 by Fallen_Zen
Problem solved with 3.1.3.
Post edited July 19, 2012 by adambiser
Is there a way to install it without admin rights? Like some sort of portable version?
Totenglocke: The 3.0.52 update (both updating from inside the program and re-downloading it) refuses to download anything for the items I already had downloading. It just does a constant flip-flop between resuming and pausing.

I switched to the beta and I'm able to download, though it caused me to lose the downloads I had going for bonus content.
As always guys, please make sure this is set to OFF, when using the stable version: https://secure.gog.com/en/account/beta. Otherwise the stable won't work.
Totenglocke: The 3.0.52 update (both updating from inside the program and re-downloading it) refuses to download anything for the items I already had downloading. It just does a constant flip-flop between resuming and pausing.

I switched to the beta and I'm able to download, though it caused me to lose the downloads I had going for bonus content.
Fallen_Zen: As always guys, please make sure this is set to OFF, when using the stable version: https://secure.gog.com/en/account/beta. Otherwise the stable won't work.
I've never used the beta version before until after the 3.0.52 update caused me to not be able to resume the downloads I had in progress. I dislike using beta software for downloading software because I don't want to risk corrupt files and having to redownload it (I'm not working with the worlds fastest connection here! :-p ).
Totenglocke: I've never used the beta version before until after the 3.0.52 update caused me to not be able to resume the downloads I had in progress. I dislike using beta software for downloading software because I don't want to risk corrupt files and having to redownload it (I'm not working with the worlds fastest connection here! :-p ).
Could you describe the problem with not being able to resume in more detail? Could you PM me your log file?
Totenglocke: I've never used the beta version before until after the 3.0.52 update caused me to not be able to resume the downloads I had in progress. I dislike using beta software for downloading software because I don't want to risk corrupt files and having to redownload it (I'm not working with the worlds fastest connection here! :-p ).
Fallen_Zen: Could you describe the problem with not being able to resume in more detail? Could you PM me your log file?
Sure. After updating to 3.0.52 it started rapidly switching between resuming downloading (but never actually starting the download) and then both resume and pause graying out (like when you have no connection). If I clicked pause when it was trying to resume, it paused and looked as it normally does. Once I clicked resume again it would go back to alternating between trying to resume and having no connection. I used the in-app update and I downloaded the downloader from the site again and had the same issue. I'll pm my log file.
Is this thread also for suggestions? If so, I think some kind of "estimated time remaining" would be nice. And maybe also that neat Windows 7 integration so you can view your download progress in the taskbar.
Fallen_Zen: Could you describe the problem with not being able to resume in more detail? Could you PM me your log file?
Totenglocke: Sure. After updating to 3.0.52 it started rapidly switching between resuming downloading (but never actually starting the download) and then both resume and pause graying out (like when you have no connection). If I clicked pause when it was trying to resume, it paused and looked as it normally does. Once I clicked resume again it would go back to alternating between trying to resume and having no connection. I used the in-app update and I downloaded the downloader from the site again and had the same issue. I'll pm my log file.
I had that problem too. Resolved clearing the log directory and re-adding the downloads. The downloader resumed the partial downloads without issue. I still have the logs, if some dev is interested.
Fallen_Zen: IMPORTANT: If you encounter any problems with the update process (this is for those who didn't manually update to 3.0.51b) to version 3.0.52 (stable) or 3.1.3 (beta), please download the installer directly at: https://secure.gog.com/en/downloader/.

Please read before posting

This topic has been provided to discuss the latest releases of our Downloader and to submit bug reports.

There are currently 2 versions of the Downloader: Stable & Beta.

The stable release (recommended for most users) can be found at this address:
http://www.gog.com/downloader.

If you would like to test the upcoming features of the Downloader, please consider downloading a beta release. All necessary information can be found in this post:
http://www.gog.com/en/forum/general/introducing_the_beta_release_of_the_new_gogcom_downloader/post1

Latest Change log:
http://www.gog.com/en/forum/general/introducing_the_beta_release_of_the_new_gogcom_downloader/post584

Before submitting any bug reports, please post the following information:

1. Downloader version (found under settings)
2. OS version
3. OS language
4. Browser kind and version (this is required only if you're having problems when adding games to the queue from the website)
5. Downloader log contents if possible:
Windows 7/Vista - C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Local\GOG.com
Windows XP - C:\Documents and Settings\USERNAME\Local Settings\Application Data\GOG.com
6. A detailed description of the problem.

We'll be able to find a solution and post it for you a lot faster.

Thanks! :)
Why can't this version restore half-completed downloads of older downloader(ver 0.9.0.1376) ??? Both has same download directory and it contains few CHUNK? files.

Its total waste of bandwidth when 11.4GB has already been downloaded out of 15 GB !!
Attachments:
gog.png (304 Kb)
Post edited July 23, 2012 by babaibhat
babaibhat: Why can't this version restore half-completed downloads of older downloader(ver 0.9.0.1376) ??? Both has same download directory and it contains few CHUNK? files.

Its total waste of bandwidth when 11.4GB has already been downloaded out of 15 GB !!
Finish the download with the previous downloader before switching. The old Downloader isn't compatible with the new one.
Fallen_Zen: Finish the download with the previous downloader before switching. The old Downloader isn't compatible with the new one.
Hmm...
babaibhat: Hmm...
And just a quick question concerning your screenshot, you did add the game to the new downloader, right? Or you hoped that it would pick it up automatically?
Still, best to finish the download with the downloader you started it, as Fallen_Zen said.
Totenglocke: Sure. After updating to 3.0.52 it started rapidly switching between resuming downloading (but never actually starting the download) and then both resume and pause graying out (like when you have no connection). If I clicked pause when it was trying to resume, it paused and looked as it normally does. Once I clicked resume again it would go back to alternating between trying to resume and having no connection. I used the in-app update and I downloaded the downloader from the site again and had the same issue. I'll pm my log file.
Kabal: I had that problem too. Resolved clearing the log directory and re-adding the downloads. The downloader resumed the partial downloads without issue. I still have the logs, if some dev is interested.
Worked - everything is downloading fine now.
babaibhat: Hmm...
JMich: And just a quick question concerning your screenshot, you did add the game to the new downloader, right? Or you hoped that it would pick it up automatically?
Still, best to finish the download with the downloader you started it, as Fallen_Zen said.
Yes, after waiting for it to auto-populate download history, I added the game again.
But this time it tried to download in new location from 0byte.
Just installed the GOG Downloader, but I'm unable to run it (it installs just fine, though). Should I post the error log here in this thread or elsewhere?
Post edited July 25, 2012 by azrael-