It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

high rated
IMPORTANT: Please read before posting This topic has been provided to discuss the latest releases of our Downloader (for both Mac and Windows systems) and to submit bug reports. The stable releases (recommended for most users) can be found at this address:http://www.gog.com/downloader.

Latest version:

Mac OS X - 1.2 (build 512)
Windows - 3.6.0

Both Downloaders now have the option of sending Error Reports directly to us (this can be found in app under Settings).
Post edited October 29, 2013 by Fallen_Zen
Untl recently the dwonloader worked fine, I downloaded 100 games and more.
Now, it is connected (login on) but does not add anything to the queue anymore. I can click in my acount page, nothing happens.
eeepc35: Untl recently the dwonloader worked fine, I downloaded 100 games and more.
Now, it is connected (login on) but does not add anything to the queue anymore. I can click in my acount page, nothing happens.
Please make sure you haven't set this to ON if using the stable version: https://secure.gog.com/en/account/beta.
Also what browser are you using? Provide more details.
Post edited July 04, 2012 by Fallen_Zen
it solved it :)

of course, now I am running the 3.0.51.0 (stable).
should I run something else ? the 3.0.51b ?
Hi. I'm having the same problem with my downloader just stalling for no apparent reason and then asking to be rebooted. I do this and still nothing happens.

Windows 7 64bit. English
Downloader version 3.0.51.0 (stable)
GDJPrinsloo: Hi. I'm having the same problem with my downloader just stalling for no apparent reason and then asking to be rebooted. I do this and still nothing happens.

Windows 7 64bit. English
Downloader version 3.0.51.0 (stable)
Please PM me your e-mail address, I'll send you a test build which resolves stalling issues.
eeepc35: it solved it :)

of course, now I am running the 3.0.51.0 (stable).
should I run something else ? the 3.0.51b ?
b is the most current one: http://static.gog.com/download/d3/stable/Setup_Downloader_3.0.51b.exe
Post edited July 04, 2012 by Fallen_Zen
Fallen_Zen: IMPORTANT: We've discovered a nasty bug in the Downloader's update system and therefore we would like to kindly ask you
Did you say "would you kindly?" ;-)
MasodikTiasma: Did you say "would you kindly?" ;-)
Well you can call me Ryan ;)
I had some weird issues with the downloader today. I was downloading Two World and the downloader showed the total size as being "1,96 GB" so now when it is done it is showing it as "3,55 GB of 1,96 GB" and it stopped there when it should move on to merging Two Worlds and downloading the other things in the queue but it is just sitting there doing nothing. I tried restarting the Downloader but that doesn't change anything.
Kristian: I had some weird issues with the downloader today. I was downloading Two World and the downloader showed the total size as being "1,96 GB" so now when it is done it is showing it as "3,55 GB of 1,96 GB" and it stopped there when it should move on to merging Two Worlds and downloading the other things in the queue but it is just sitting there doing nothing. I tried restarting the Downloader but that doesn't change anything.
The overflow is usually done when a file isn't downloaded correctly and the downloader gets it again. A downloader restart should have fixed it, but if it didn't, try removing the game from the downloader (right click, remove item from list) and adding it again. This should force the downloader to re-check the parts it has downloaded, and move on to merging.
Thanks for the reply, I will try that :)

Edit:

Nope, re-adding Two Worlds to the download list only crashes the downloader. I am running Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit on a Dell XPS 17 laptop if that matters. It is the newest stable version of the downloader.

Edit2:

Downloading the newest beta version of the Downloader fixed the issue.
Post edited July 05, 2012 by Kristian
I'm still receiving 'Connection error, please try again later!" for just about everything I try to download (which, for the moment, is just The Witcher's combined bonus content pack). Only about every other time does the Downloader WER crash while processing the download requests (i.e. while some or all items say 'Preparing...") The most common error messages in the logger say:

"Message: The operation has timed out
UNHANDLED ERROR!
Message: Object reference not set to an instance of an object."

Also, why must I download all of the bonus content items at once (in GOG Downloader Mode)? What happened to being able to pick and choose?
predcon: I'm still receiving 'Connection error, please try again later!" for just about everything I try to download (which, for the moment, is just The Witcher's combined bonus content pack). Only about every other time does the Downloader WER crash while processing the download requests (i.e. while some or all items say 'Preparing...") The most common error messages in the logger say:

UNHANDLED ERROR!

Also, why must I download all of the bonus content items at once (in GOG Downloader Mode)? What happened to being able to pick and choose?
No idea about the crashing and the time outs, however, 2 points.
Point 1) The preparing phase is actually the downloader checking the existing files (or parts of) to see what has been downloaded and what hasn't. It really should get a better description.
Point 2) No downloader ever had the option to add only one item of the bonus content to its queue, closest one was downloading through the browser. However, if you truly want only 1 of the files, right click the ones you don't want and remove them from the list.
predcon: I'm still receiving 'Connection error, please try again later!" for just about everything I try to download (which, for the moment, is just The Witcher's combined bonus content pack). Only about every other time does the Downloader WER crash while processing the download requests (i.e. while some or all items say 'Preparing...") The most common error messages in the logger say:

UNHANDLED ERROR!

JMich: No idea about the crashing and the time outs, however, 2 points.
Point 1) The preparing phase is actually the downloader checking the existing files (or parts of) to see what has been downloaded and what hasn't. It really should get a better description.
Point 2) No downloader ever had the option to add only one item of the bonus content to its queue, closest one was downloading through the browser. However, if you truly want only 1 of the files, right click the ones you don't want and remove them from the list.
I'd really rather you provided a solution than a couple of professorial corrections.
Hello.

I am using the stable version of the downloader (latest, 3.0.51b) and was trying to download Alan Wake. It had finished downloading and verifying the files and was in the process of merging the files. It was however using too much cpu and was slowing my work. I decided to stop it and restart it later.

However my list is now empty and it doesn't want to resume the merging. I have loads of setup_alan_wake_1.0.0.12-?.bin.xxx in my directory and the merged files don't take a lot of space. So the merging is definitely not done. How can I resume it ?

I could send the log file but it is a 7Mo file.
sebarnolds: How can I resume it ?

I could send the log file but it is a 7Mo file.
Add the game again to the downloader. It should start verifying it (probably say Preparing...), and once it verifies that the chunks are correct, it should restart the merging.