It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

high rated
IMPORTANT: Please read before posting This topic has been provided to discuss the latest releases of our Downloader (for both Mac and Windows systems) and to submit bug reports. The stable releases (recommended for most users) can be found at this address:http://www.gog.com/downloader.

Latest version:

Mac OS X - 1.2 (build 512)
Windows - 3.6.0

Both Downloaders now have the option of sending Error Reports directly to us (this can be found in app under Settings).
Post edited October 29, 2013 by Fallen_Zen
Foxhack: So uh, is it normal for the downloader to delete all the items in the queue, including already downloaded files, if you shut it down and restart it later?

I just lost about 1 GB of data from Wing Commander IV's download. :\

Edit: Wait, the queue was cleared, but the downloader resumed normally after I readded WC4.
If you quit Downloader normally, without removing anything from the queue manually, the items should reappear on the list after restart. Only completed or failed downloads will not reappear.
We've pushed an update to the Downloader 3.0 & 3.1 (both have the same changes included and are described below). If you encounter any problems, please let us know.

IMPORTANT: In case of any problems with updating (update window hidden etc.), go to the settings and disable "Start Downloader on Windows Startup" and restart the application.
You can also download the latest version manually at: http://www.gog.com/downloader

Changelog 3.0.51 (Stable) & 3.1.2 (Beta)

Bug fixes

- If "Start Downloader with Windows Startup" option is checked and user not logged in, Downloader will no longer start minimized to tray
- Downloader no longer crashes on startup when having problems with accessing the system's registry (appropriate message appears)
- Downloader no longer crashes when there's a problem with a xml file on the server
- "Not enough disk space" message fix
- Some other minor bugs

Improvements

- Game patches notifications
- Merged files with a checksum error are re-verified now
- Faster validation of previously downloaded chunks
- When minimized to tray, Downloader is no longer visible in the system's ALT+TAB menu
- Further download stability improvements
Post edited June 07, 2012 by Fallen_Zen
Game patches notifications are in ? Great !!!

Thanks for the update, will try it asap.
How do these "patches notifications" work, exactly? Does the GOG Downloader scan your game list in order to check whether there's an update to a game you bought?

If I hadn't checked the Alan Wake boards, I wouldn't have known there's a patch for American Nightmare, for example.
jdarnold: I have Chrome (and I tried IE) on Windows 7 64bit and when I click the download buttons on the web page, nothing happens. I never get prompted to use the downloader. What could be the problem?
Fallen_Zen: How about providing this information first ;)

1. Downloader version (found under settings)
2. OS version
3. OS language
4. Browser kind and version (this is required only if you're having problems when adding games to the queue from the website)
5. Downloader log contents if possible:
Windows 7/Vista - C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Local\GOG.com
Windows XP - C:\Documents and Settings\USERNAME\Local Settings\Application Data\GOG.com
6. A detailed description of the problem.

Have you used Safari or Firefox?
Downloader version: 3.0.51.0
Windows version: Win7 Ultimate, SP1, 64-bit
Language: English
Browser: Google Chrome 19.0.1084.52 m (also does the same thing in IE9)
Downloader log: http://pastebin.com/mghTUAVc
Detailed description: Not much to say really. I go to My Account, My Games, click on any game in my library. Clicking on the Game downloads Game Installer or Bonus content downloads Combined bonus content pack buttons does nothing. Button depresses like it is getting pressed, but nothing appears.

I've tried disabling all my extensions - no go. I have not tried Firefox or Opera.
jdarnold: Downloader version: 3.0.51.0
Windows version: Win7 Ultimate, SP1, 64-bit
Browser: Google Chrome 19.0.1084.52 m (also does the same thing in IE9)
Downloader log: http://pastebin.com/mghTUAVc
Detailed description: Not much to say really. I go to My Account, My Games, click on any game in my library. Clicking on the Game downloads Game Installer or Bonus content downloads Combined bonus content pack buttons does nothing. Button depresses like it is getting pressed, but nothing appears.

I've tried disabling all my extensions - no go. I have not tried Firefox or Opera.
Try pasting the the link (like gogdownloader://fallout if you own this game) directly to the address bar and press enter. If that doesn't help, let me know.
Fallen_Zen: Try pasting the the link (like gogdownloader://fallout if you own this game) directly to the address bar and press enter. If that doesn't help, let me know.
Pasting the link directly into Firefox (which I also installed to no avail) had it come up and ask if it should allow GOG.com Downloader to handle those types of links. I said okay and it is now downloading okay.

But buttons still do nothing.
jdarnold: But buttons still do nothing.
We'll look into it. Just make sure this is set to off: https://secure.gog.com/en/account/beta
Fallen_Zen: - Game patches notifications
So from THIS very moment if any game on my shelf gets update (installer, extra) I'll be notified via Downloader. It doesn't work for already downloaded games?
tburger: So from THIS very moment if any game on my shelf gets update (installer, extra) I'll be notified via Downloader. It doesn't work for already downloaded games?
This has nothing to do with already downloaded games. It will only inform you that a patch has been made available for a game you own.
Hi, stuck on the infinite loop login screen issue..having the latest stable version..please help..
Downloader version: 3.0.51.0

Windows version: Win7 Home Premium, SP1, 64-bit

Downloader log: http://pastebin.com/45FhtJAP

Detailed description: Just installed the latest stable downloader on my laptop. Can't login. Already triple-checked password. Each failed login bring another login screen which confuses the hell out of me. See screenshot.
Attachments:
gogbug.jpg (255 Kb)
Downloader v 3.0.51

Windows 7 - English

Just like the above posts, I am unable to log on. It just opens a new login screen.

I open up downloader, it asks me to log in, I try and it fails twice. I then close the downloader.

Logger output

http://pastebin.com/gCNL8iMQ
I am having the EXACT same problem as de_lar. I have tried it on two different systems (XP SP3 and Win 7 SP 1). I am also using 3.0.51 which I just downloaded about 30 minutes ago.
I'm not even getting this far. The downloader starts up, and everything's greyed out except for the Settings button in the top right. In the bottom right, it simply says 'error, retrying...'